“Mini B&B/hotel of the future”

Islands Stay Hotels Uptown Cebu
Ranked #268 of 353 Cebu Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Been staying for 3 weeks now bec of work (not pleasure) and quite happy with my stay - chose it because it was like a place i stayed in HK, because of its proximity to the place where i need to be everyday for work, and of course the price, cleanliness and my safety.

it now has a promo of P850/night for a Small Room. (if you are claustrophobic, this is not for you)..they have Medium, Large and Extra Large rooms (just like the sizes of the T-shirts their sister company Islands Souvenir sells!)

Stayed in 3 different small rooms already and its very convenient for affordable basic accommodations - - - though basic, it is very high tech--- free use of the computer in the common area, strong WIFI in the rooms, own digibox for cable tv and has adopted to using the Smart plugs of Fineupgrades Plus (maker of the USB wall socket with traditional socket inside the room!)...

rooms are cleaned everyday and the staff are great - accommodating to my needs even helping me where to buy food (they dont have a resto)

if you know Hop Inn HK, this is similar but with more rooms and with green/orange theme.

their muffins and sandwiches (if there is in the chiller) are enough for people on the go...they also have nespresso coffee on top of instant coffee!

You can go to the Ayala Center Cebu mall by walking less than 5 minutes. Its located on top of 2 banks so its secure. Nearby also is a 711 store (beside Tune Hotel).

Just try it if you are budget conscious and would like to spend more on activities, shopping and food. Did i mention, they have good customer service, great staff too.

Room Tip: if you are a family, choose room 1 --it has a window and its at the corner. There is no elevator so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is definitely not five-star, and doesn't charge like one, and for our purposes I would dare say it was perfect. A colleague and I had several meetings in the city and all we really needed was a couple of beds to sleep in. The location was very convenient and public transport was accessible. There weren't a lot of frills with the room - it had two beds, a toilet and shower, cable tv, airconditioner, bean bag chair - but we didn't need anything else beyond that, so we were good. The room was small but we didnt need a lot of space either; the decor was quaint, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I were supposed to stay here for two nights for his quick business trip to Cebu. We only opted to stay overnight and I had to search for nearby hotels so we can transfer. Both of us did not find the bed comfortable and we were both annoyed with the noise of the people along the hallway...considering this inn only had a few rooms and we were almost at the end of the hallway. We were booked here by his coworker who was from Cebu so we thought it was something good, but we were not happy... I had to search for a nicer hotel nearby when I woke up in the morning and I checked out and transferred as soon as my husband left for his meeting. I understand that this is a budget hotel, but i just think that for the price, i would rather add a few more to get the comfort in a different hotel.. But if you are really in a tight budget, i think this one is okay... I mean the bathroom is clean, the room is clean, shower has a heater although adjustments are below the bathroom sink ( the bathroom was cramped & our room didnt have a window)... The staff were pleasant though, Especially the bellboy who did not mind carrying all my stuff ( including my husband's luggage) to the nearby hotel where we transferred when I checked out by myself.. Overall i would say, this hotel is okay if u just need a place to have a quick sleep and if u are on a tight budget..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

You know what they say, you get what you pay for. Islands Stay would be the perfect example.

First, I didn't stay overnight in this place. I looked for a cheap hotel on purpose because I would be coming from Bantayan Island and I needed a place to crash until my midnight flight back to Manila. But I think i stayed enough hours to get a feel of the place.

It's a quirky, fun-looking hotel that obviously caters to backpackers and budget tourists. So expect the smallest hotel room ever. Since I was with my gf, I booked the room with the double bed. And man, was it cramped! But they were able to cram all the basics in one place. There was a tv with cable, a house phone, and a tiny bathroom. If you take a shower, you'll get most of the bathroom floor wet.

But that doesn't necessarily make it a bad place to stay. Airconditioning was sufficient (even has a tendency to get too cold probably because of the size of the room) and service was okay.

Would I stay here again? For situations where I just need to a place to crash for the night, sure. But if I was looking to stay longer, I'd probably look for a better hotel, even if it means spending a little more cash.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My family stayed here for 4 days. The location is perfect for us since it’s just a street away from Ayala Mall. It’s also easy to call a cab whenever we need to. 7/11 is also near (it’s just beside Tune hotel). There is also a laundry shop in front of the hotel should you want to avail such service.
We rent a large room which is just big enough for us. The water supply is fine. The vibrant color of the room helps lighten the mood. They also clean our room and change our bath towels on everyday basis. The staffs are very accommodating (always smiling) and always willing to help us for our every need. It’s easy to talk to them and gave us enough information/tip of going around Cebu.
Though there are some drawbacks like you can hear the conversations of other guests from the other room. There is also poor internet connection inside our room but once you go to their lobby, you can get connected easily. This is not a 5 star hotel so for us this is just fine.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel for the proximity of its location and good service from their staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days mainly because of its close proximity to Ayala Mall and its central location. Aside from that, the price was every enticing for an in-suite bathroom, unlimited use of the A/C and cable TV all for the price of P950/night. However it has its drawbacks. For instance, the paper thin walls. I could basically hear clearly people passing by my room. I could eavesdrop in people's conversations even if they whisper.. All the way up to the music at the lobby/reception area, I could hear it. Now I know why mainstream hotels have carpets on their hallways. Also, not to mention the tine-tiny room. It almost feels like a prison cell or worst a coffin. That being said, may I remind you that this hotel is just across Ayala Mall and its conveniently located to most popular destinations of Cebu has to offer. You don't stay at this hotel for its room but for its location. It all depends really on what you need for your trip.

Room Tip: If you want a basic place to stay, try Escario Hotel. It has actual windows, it's quieter, more...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trekie-G
Reviewed 15 January 2013

When you first step into the hotel, you will notice life and vibrant interior designed. very modern and chic but when you get into the room, you will notice that the rooms in it are not as big as shown on the pictures. Rooms are relatively small and there are no space to walk around after you put your luggages. Although Good Location to the business park and Ayala mall. Not Reccomended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple