“A huge trap”

fudge
Ranked #15 of 35 Dessert in Cebu Island
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

have been here before but dont really recall the tast of the desserts. Came back for dinner with my boyfriend and found it cometely and uttrrly to say the least, inadequate. We did not dare try the desserts(yes i know this is a dessert place) after having tried their maincourses and appetizers. The corn soup was grainy and i could not underatand what i was eating though a different experience as to how they served it but the taste was weird and funky. The adobo flakes which i forgot the name was overcooked and the egg wasnt cooked properly. The sandwhich was gross and the rice was not fresh it seemed stale and refried. For mediocre people theyd have accepted these flaws fine seing as how the place looks very expensive but does not deserve all the praises for the food. I dont know about the desserts though but i wouldnt dare come back there again.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The prices are affordable, great coffee! the choco lave is not the best I have tasted but it certainly is on my top 10!Good to know that you have recently opened in Ayala!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fudge has the best Choco Lava Cake! Hot chocolate fudge with cold vanilla ice cream, soft outside with some crispy parts on the inside. I will definitely go back here! The lava cake here is even better than Fairmont Spectrum's.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Fudge has always been on my food trip list since it gained its popularity a while back (I know, I'm late!). So, having had the chance to visit this restaurant, I immediately decided to try on their famous "Chocolate Lava Cake" (aside from the Banana Trifle I also ordered). It takes about 25 minutes or so to get this cake done but it was worth the wait. It was indeed delicious! And with the mix of the hotness of the chocolate fudge and the coolness of the vanilla ice cream, it was certainly a delight on your mouth. I just had a little trouble with the ice cream since I find it too sweet (I'm not too much of a fan for too sweet desserts). Well for the Banana Trifle, I enjoyed it because of the coffee jelly and the coffee liquor in it, but then again, I had to give up a scoop of the vanilla ice cream (gave it to a friend instead) because of the same reason that it was too sweet for me.

For the ambiance, I find it cute that you get to see the pastry chefs doing their thing in the kitchen (it even inspires me more to pursue my passion in pastry making). Although I find it a little disappointing to see their restroom not very well maintained.

Then for the service, I would say it was okay. They had us seated to a table right away, got us our orders, and delivered them as soon as they were done. However, I just wished they were a bit more energetic (for the lack of better term), but perhaps it was just because of the time of the day as we went there at around 2pm and this is the time of the day where most people have their energy level starting to drop.

Overall, I find this restaurant a good place to enjoy a good dessert. And oh, have I mentioned that their Lava Cake is delicious? ;)

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The pastry shop is just outside our subdivision, so anytime we want some dessert we can easily satisfy our sweet teeth. More than proximity, however, the pastries are baked fresh with quality ingredients. Among my favorites include their lava (chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream and filled with chocolate syrup), fudge choco, and choco butterscotch cakes. Sylvanas and crinkles are also easy take home treats.