“sssssooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!”

Ranked #64 of 213 Hotels in Cebu Island
naga
“sssssooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

my fiancee and I searched for nice resorts and we went to alegre to have a nice time together... It was like 4 hours drive from my place to the resort but its worth it... when we got there it was very nice and peaceful... its really good for newly weds or families that likes to relax without big crowds. It feels like you are in paradise. I love it in the night where you walk at the ground with the trees around its really nice natures there. very romantic with a dim light only... there pool is big, the rooms are bungalow style very relaxing and the comfort room very clean... You can go for a massage and everything you want to do..... the price is high but its worth it..... and people.. when you say 5 star dont expect for a cheap price... i cant say anything bad in this resort evrything is great!!!!! have a nice time.....

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gwapz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

My husband and I spent 5 days in the resort. Before going, i did not expect doing much there, just reading books and relaxing. But it turns out to be quite a lot to do.

First I was upgraded to an ocean view room with a garden. It is one of the best rooms in the resort. Only sitting in the balcony or on the lawn reading makes you feel the life is ever so wonderful.

Second I went to have 3 dives this time. It was the first time I went diving after getting the diving licence. Af the beginning, I just wanted to dive at the house reef which is just 1 or 2 minutes' boat ride from the pier of the resort. I was very nervous but the dive master took good care of me and there were really different kinds of coral. The next day, we sailed to Capitancillo Islet to have another 2 dives. My husband and I were served by 5 people from the resort. One was the chef who prepared barbecue lunch for us on the islet. The water there was very clear and again a lot of coral.

Third the comlimentary cruise to watch dolphins. We could see a lot that day.

Fourth the massages were good.

Fifth the swimming pool was quite and the water was warm. I like it.

But I think the resort might have to think more about the food. I do agree with the preview review that the tuna steak was awful, just like rubber. The other food I tried was quite OK. However, there is not a great choice of food, especially seafood.

The staff are friendly and they know who you are. The room I had was very good. If you are looking for nightlife, this resort is not the right choice. If you like sea sports, it is certainly your pick.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TWHK
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed the first time at the Alegre in September 2007 and loved it, thus we came back.
We loved:
- the rooms, big and absolutely lovely
- the beach, nice and easy to snorkel from
- the Spa, very good massages
- the dive shop, great and helpful staff - went to great lengths to arrange dive trips for us
We disliked:
- the food: It used to be very good when we were there the first time - that changed completely. Beef tenderloin was not remotely tender, it was overcooked and unedible, the same goes for the tuna steak (What a shame that was!!) and the lapu lapu. When talking to the chef and returning the food, he told me that this is normal with fish like that..... Anybody who overcooks fish and steak like this should not be called a chef.
- the service: Most of the stuff were trainees without proper supervision. They did not know the menu and were not able to tell us which wine is actually available - we got this information only after we finished our dinner! They did not know the content of the menu and mixed up the orders - it took 45 minutes to get a cocktail from the bar.
Considering the prices the Alegre charges the food and the service - especially at dinner time - are absolutely unacceptable. The goal seemed to be to hook everybody onto the dinner buffet in order to provide as little service as possible.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manuhk
kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2009

amazing location

[-] terrible food, terrible service, terribly overpriced and we paid local price.

Unless you are honeymooning and want to be left alone, or you are korean - DO NOT GO HERE

go to bohol or borocay, or one of the other hotels in the area

• Liked — very nice beach side villa
  • Disliked — nothing - very good
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bilstrude
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2008

This is the second time we've been at Alegre, we usually spend a week each time. I was disappointed that the rates have gone up and their marine sanctuary had been affected by the construction of a new resort next door; however, a stay in Alegre is still heavenly.

It's tranquil, clear blue waters greet you as you wake up or as you watch a glorious sunset. The dives and the cruises are wonderful. The isolation, the well manicured tropical gardens are a sight to behold. The pool is very clean, gorgeous and well maintained. It is quite romantic.

You go to Alegre to rejuvenate, not if you're looking for some nightlife. It's a place for family and wholesome relaxation. I agree the menu could use an upgrade.

• Liked — the view, the water, the room, bed, comfort
  • Disliked — the rate's gone up somewhat ridiculously
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chubanopolus
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

I really love Alegre Beach Resort. It exudes a feeling a exoticism, and the environment is not crowded. I loved the white sands and the clean beach. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. The cottage I stayed at was very cozy and there's a lot of space. Although it is a bit pricey, I think it was well worth the money paid for.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank gripo1983
Cebu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

I've been to ALEGRE BEACH RESORT last April 2008, with my Boss from Manila, we are really having fun, my boss was so relaxed with the place, away from the traffic of Manila. THey have a friendly staff that will attend your needs. This is the best for honeymooners, family gatherings or just be with your self and nature.

I'm looking forward to be on this place SOON,..

Keep up the good work people!!

• Liked — relaxing
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business