“Acceptable for a short stay but informative staff”
Review of Wellcome Hotel

Wellcome Hotel
Ranked #63 of 219 Hotels in Cebu Island
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed on 13/10/2013 for a night. The aircon was very noisy.
The only perk is transport provided to the mall. Nice chill rooftop swimming pool.
Buffet breakfast was averagely acceptable even basic korean simple spread too.
Staff was very knowledgeable about the pier timetable when we asked for help.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Wellcome Hotel

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Basically a comfortable place to stay. The good: comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price, helpful and friendly staff, decent location (near Ayala Center Mall). The bad: not so good hot water (our first stay it was lukewarm at best and our second stay had no hot water at all). We didn't complain because we were only staying at this hotel for a few hours. Another issue was its wifi quality (they say they have wifi but it's connection and signal was poor). This must be a Cebu thing because we stayed at another nearby hotel and the same thing was an issue.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at Wellcome Hotel during the strong earthquake. The staff were very good to us. They always look after their guests and recommend to stay there a few times and we stayed there again. The location was excellent. it was short distance from anywhere. Buffet breakfast was excellent specially the bread with jam.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here twice, the second time was the day of the earthquake (15/10/13), the staff were extremely helpful, calm and went beyond there duties in helping the guests. We stayed here with 2 young children and they made the best of a hard time. Would definitely stay here again if passing through Cebu.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
wellcomestaff, Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Maam, we sincerely thank you for staying with us. We hope you are doing great. Regards to you and your family - from the Wellcome Management and Staff...

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel a week ago, just to relax and unwind at the heart of the city.

LOCATION:

Probably one of the best things about this hotel is its location. Depending on the traffic situation, Wellcome Hotel can be reached 30 minutes to an hour from the airport. Airport transfers (with surcharge) can be arranged prior to your arrival.

Located at the peripheries of the central business district, the hotel is close to everything. The nearest mall, Ayala Center Cebu, is just a five-minute walk away. Everything else can be reached within five to ten minutes.

The hotel is located in a secondary street (Molave Street), which stems out from the busy Escario Street, so while it’s so near to the conveniences and establishments of the main street, it is comfortably tucked away from all of the noise along the thoroughfare.

Its only disadvantage is that it’s new, and not a lot of taxi drivers know about it yet, but you can just point out its location (Molave St., Escario, beside Holiday Spa).

ARRIVAL and CHECK-IN:

First impressions last and the hotel surely left a good impression when I was greeted by their bellboy with genuine warmth as I alighted from the cab. I was then escorted to the front desk for check-in.

Like the bellboy, the lady at the front desk was all smiles and was really very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was a breeze. I asked if there was a reservation under my name, to which she replied affirmative. I was then asked if I had a valid ID for their records and then filled out a check-in form. Security in hotels is really a major concern so I was glad to know that the hotel is equipped with a card key system. In a few minutes, I was already up in my room.

I stayed in a Standard Room on the 4th floor of the hotel. Of the hotel’s 68 rooms, 10 are Standard, 35 are Deluxe Rooms, 10 Studio Rooms and 13 Premier Rooms. The room has an individually controlled air conditioning system and an in-house cable LCD TV. Once I entered, I was greeted by a clean room and I could tell that they were going for a minimalist look. A bit of decor would be a nice addition though, so as to break the monotony of white but it’s all good. The room is very spacious.

The bed had gleaming all-white linens and they looked and felt clean, with a subtle scent of freshness. I usually sleep on my side so I loved how the pillows were soft but still kept its shape.

One thing I like about the room is the abundance of power outlets! There are around ten, beside the bed and on all corners of the room!

The room has basic amenities such as a wall desk, small refrigerator, coffee and tea making facilities, an NDD/IDD capable telephone (with corresponding charges), and a safety deposit box. The room lights were a bit lacking though. Although I prefer a dimmed room, other guests might prefer a brighter one with more lights.

There’s a cute and really useful panel just beside the bed with buttons for convenience. One is for DND, or do not disturb that actually prevents the door bell from ringing. Two buttons would call the laundry and housekeeping services, respectively. The rest were switches to lights and the TV.

Also, the room I was in, Room 412, is one of the rooms with a balcony, just above the pool. Sweet!

TOILET AND BATH:

One of the things I do check out before settling in a room is the toilet and bath area.

The toilet and bath area was clean and small but with just enough space to move around. Towels were definitely new. The toilet was equipped with a bidet, which is not so common yet in hotels here. I just had a minor issue with the toilet flush which kept on getting stuck. I had to push it again for the water to stop. Hot and Cold shower was available although I noticed that hot water only comes out around three to five minutes after you turn it on, so you could imagine how much water was wasted to achieve a desired water temperature. Those two issues are pretty minor but I’m hopeful they will be addressed.

Nonetheless, basic toiletries such as bath soap, shampoo and conditioner and hand and body lotion were provided.

THE SWIMMING POOL:

Wellcome Hotel has a cute swimming pool at the third floor. A game room for kids can also be found nearby.

Lounge chairs at the deck provide for a nice place to hangout if you want to sunbathe during the day or just relax at night when the pool is lighted with a soothing changing mood light

THE BREAKFAST:

Buffet breakfast is served from 6AM-10AM at the in-house dining facility at the mezzanine level, Yolee’s Resto. Since I really had an awesome sleep, I almost didn’t make it in time for the breakfast buffet. I was lucky that I was still able to get through.

The buffet was almost closing so food wasn’t being refilled anymore. Meatballs, hotdog and eggs were the main dishes. Although the quality and taste of the food being served was good, I could say that the variety could be improved. They also served kimchi for their Korean guests. The buffet spread also included eye-candy desserts and mini-donuts

ADDITONAL COMMENTS:
- the hotel has an elevator

- Free WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel (I had to call the front desk to ask for the password and they sounded so courteous even over the phone, and I liked that they have a sense of urgency as they picked up in just one ring.

- check-in time: 2pm; check-out time: 12nn

- extra-friendly staff and crew who were always smiling.

- there is a nice cafe at the lobby and their drinks go for less than PHP100! They serve TWG Tea by the way

- Franck Provost has a salon at the lobby

Room Tip: - Choose rooms in the 3rd floor for quick access to the pool located on the same level. If not, just...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TheLibotero
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel last September 2013. I really love this hotel and I'll be back for sure. Room is spacious enough, clean and modern.

Their breakfast is so-so it's just that when I went down at 9am to eat my breakfast the service crew weren't refilling food anymore since it's almost 10am.

The staff's are friendly and accommodating. The price is affordable if your going to compete the rate with other hotels in the City.

Wasn't able to use the pool but It's very small. Nevertheless, I had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank spintor08
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here last September 14-16.. It was superb! Rooms are big and clean, the staff are really nice! I only had a bit problem with the location, its actually accessible to Ayala center and IT Park, but since it's a new hotel some taxi doesn't know the location, I always have to tell them that it's at Molave st. along Escario near Parklane... other than that I had a very great stay Wellcome Hotel! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Appletweetz

Maam, regards to you and your family - from the Wellcome Management and Staff...we hope you are doing great...