“Just spent a day at their beach”

Tambuli Beach Club West Hotel
Ranked #189 of 213 Hotels in Cebu Island
Savannah, Georgia
“Just spent a day at their beach”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

In 2011 my wife and I paid the fee to use the beach for the day. The grounds looked a little run down, and the beach was more rocks then sand. The main complaint I had was there were ladies at the beach area that were relentless at trying to sell us stuff, like jewelry. We couldn't relax or have a conversation as every 5 to 10 minutes, they would return and would not take NO for an answer. We did not feel comfortable to go swimming as the ladies stared at us the entire time, and we were afraid to leave our belongings on the shore unattended. No hotel personel were ever in the area for me to comment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank milehigh257

Business
Grange, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Wasn't keen at all, wouldn't go back. Sea lice, monster toads, gecko's on the ceiling making loud noises so couldn't sleep. Dodgy. At the time time pool was not available for use and the rooms are very poor.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Dale C

Travellers are raving about these Cebu Island hotels

Koeniz, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just visited the shooting range that belongs to the resort. They asked 100 Peso per shot with a non proper working worn out gun. Compared to other shooting ranges in PH at least 8 times overpay.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank hansruedigut221
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Tambuli definitely has seen better days. Evident in the unkept woodsland, the musky smell in the rooms, bulky 90's furniture, hospital-like tiles in the toilet... although their bathrooms are quite big in today's 3-star resort standards.

The staff didn't help us when we checked-in. We look obviously lost, looking for our room, we passed by two cleaning personnel & they did not even bother to greet us nor offer help. Even made us feel unsafe about them knowing which room we've checked in to since the wing looks empty.

The property is huge. Beachfront, with broken cabanas & dirty lounge chairs, fairly clean & shapely swimming pools w/bridges & a dining area that has a verandah overlooking the pool. The food is almost passable & expensive.

We felt like we were transported to Jurassic Park, or Harper's Island... We checked-in so we may have a safe place to keep our items while swimming & dipping in the sea. The pool is big & fun.

There was not much to do in the evening so we retired to our room after a light snack & did not bother to order dinner. The deluxe room is huge, you can add mattresses on the floor for a family of 10. There was 1 single bed & 1 queen bed, 1 old box-type tv w/cable, bathroom w/ basic toiletries in sachets & extra towels for swimming & another set for bathing.

No mobile signal though. The bath tiles are so white it made me think of a hospital or asylum in the movies. Eerie & spaciously empty too. When it started to rain - hard, we felt like we might get stranded badly in a run-down resort. What with the dark corridors outside & unattentive staff. We ran back to the frontdesk after we heard the rain die down & requested for a cab to take us back to the city. The place is so bad we were willing to travel back to the main city with a cab fare of Php400. Thank God for a speedy & safe trip.

Hope someone injects fresh funds to the resort & revives it. It's such a waste to see a promising property goto waste.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank alexij
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The place is very tropical but worn out. I was really disappointed because the pictures in their web site are photos of years ago. I remember the place to be very nice but the resort wasn't maintained very well. The rooms are old and all over the place is worn out and need a major makeover. At night is very dark and doesn't have enough lighting. The door to the balcony doesn't have a double lock which could be easily opened from outside. The main door of the room doesn't have a small peeping window, so if somebody knocks on your door you have to open it to see who's knocking. Doesn't feel very safe. The sea in the beach is very clear just need some cleaning of debris from the ocean and stuff from the trees.
It's so sad to see the place going down. One of the staff told us that the place is for sale. I hope the new owner will do a major renovation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gwen7983
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I'm Pat from Dublin, Ireland. I visited the Philippines for the first time last November 2010 and booked Tambuli West over the internet. I had no idea what to expect other than what I saw on the internet. I was meeting my girlfriend who is Filipino and we planned to stay in Tambuli for 10 days. I found Tambuli a super place to stay. We stayed in the West wing in November and returned for a few nights to the East wing in March 2011. I found the roomes excellent, housekeeping service was superb and I found the housekeeping staff so friendly and funny. In fact they remembered my name when I came back in march, they called me Sir Pat !!. The restaurant staff were superb and the food was very acceptable (lack of wine in Tambuli West a set back). The restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact one of the staff gave me his number and it was through him i booked the accomodation in March as the internet was showing full. The swimming pools are lovely and the outdoor jacuzzi a joy. The surroundings are lush and really nice to stroll around. I am a very outgoing and friendly person, the Irish in me, and I think that Filipinos react to that in a positive way and I think that makes your stay all the more worthwhile. You smile and they smile back, simple human nature. Yes the beach is not great and yes there is nowhere withim walking distance to go at night. My main problem was the air-con which I thought was very loud but hey it's not a major issue. But if it's a relaxing and peaceful loving time you want then I can highly recommend Tambuli to you.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patmcmorrow
davao city
Reviewed 26 October 2010

the shoreline is very short, full of sea grass where there's a lot of sea urchins. the sands aren't fine at all. on the shore you can see or step on garbage like plastic cups and rusted beer caps. they only seem to care about skiing and not the wellness of the beach. the pool is the only safe place to swim. food is good but expensive. i suggest you bring your own food and drinks. although guests will be charged with 100 entrance fee and 300 consumable food and drinks. worst beaches i have ever seen.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple