Castle Peak Hotel
US$59
US$314
US$272
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$208
US$131
US$103
US$250
  • Pool
All reviewsdipping poolnew wingayala mallsmall gymbusiness parkthe usual amenitiescable tvrico's lechonroom servicerooftop bardong juanbudget hotelwalking distancecebu citymain roadrooms are cleanbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If your taller then 5 10" and your sleeping with some one else these beds suck. However great value for the tourist, they had internet in the room. I have to admit better showers then the Marriott Hotel which is three times the price. The location is not so bad but not the best in cebu. The price was fine but not for two couples. It's worth a second visit for the price and the shower alone.

Room Tip: If you want a shower this place is a good hot bath and bed. Close to mango square
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A very well-appointed hotel with new furnishings and very friendly staff.
The restaurant is very good, but there's even better choices nearby: great Japanese restaurants on the next block, and the Ayala Mall 5 minutes away has dozens of places to eat.
I liked being close to the mall, even though I didn't come to shop.
Getting a taxi was always easy.

A couple of oddities about the room. In my bottom-price room, one wall is covered by drapes, so I kept thinking it was a window; actually, it's just a blank wall. No windows, and waking up to the same night-light at whatever hour--that was a bit unnerving until I got used to it. There's a funky smell that drifts up from the bathroom plumbing. No problem if you just leave the fan on, but the hotel tries to hide it by flooding the room with air freshener at cleaning time. I had to ask the housekeepers to stop using it because it's too much scent all the time. Also, the shower door is oddly designed, making it hard to get in and out. I could squeeze through, but a really big person would have more difficulty.

Room Tip: See note about windows
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan Y
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I chose to stay at the Castle Peak Hotel during a visit to Cebu in July 2013. I booked the hotel on agoda.com and was quite happy throughout my stay there.

The hotel is very well located and is close to the Airport and the Ayala Mall. It is in a pretty central location but does not suffer from noise. Taxis and Jeepneys are available right outside the door. When I arrived at night I was greeted warmly by a nice female receptionist and the hotel seemed quite busy throughout my stay there. Some refurbishment works were underway during my stay but it did not affect me as they appeared to be very discreet. I was staying in the older wing but many of the rooms are totally renovated. All the downstairs area, reception, restaurant, spa, elevators and bar area have all been recently refurbished and are all very new and modern.

I stayed on the 6th floor in one of the front facing older rooms. The room itself was big enough and I was happy with its size. The room was generously equipped with a stocked mini-bar, selection of snacks, TV and Cable, Air-Con and free Wi-Fi. There was also a full sized safe provided in the small closet. Tea and Coffee facilities were also available in the bedroom. The bathroom was a good size with a bath and overhead shower also provided. The bed was large and comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job throughout my stay at the Castle Peak and the room was exceptionally clean despite its older age.

On the roof of the hotel is a wonderful little spa with various massage and beauty treatments available. The massage therapists there were the best I had encountered throughout my entire stay in the Philippines. There is also a small gym room with some exercise equipment. A nice small plunge pool is also provided on the roof. Getting a back massage and watching the lightening flicker outside in a thunderstorm was just sheer bliss.

There is a restaurant on the ground floor and I ate lunch there and whilst it was just a hamburger and fries it was very well cooked and presented and the price was not overly expensive. There is also a conference centre in the hotel. Sitting in the bar area outside on the top floor and watching the sun set over Cebu City was also another very nice moment.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again. The spa and its central location are some of its strongest points and the view from the roof is another great feature.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

They have the worst front office staff ever. They never got my requests right and I have to talk to many different people all the time for each of my request. When I had to extend my stay for a week, they forced me to pay for the whole rate of my stay and when I did not on the 2nf day, they forced me to sign a waiver saying that they will take drastic action if I do not give them the payment that same day...WHAT A TURN OFF!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lirpa0424
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I can say that the location is its biggest asset. It is minutes away from the airport, Ayala Mall and as well as the IT park.. There are also dining places nearby, if you don't want to eat in the hotel. Riding a cab and or jeepney is never a problem, you can just ask the receptionist for the directions . The staff were accommodating and friendly. We got a deluxe room in the new wing and the room was big enough for us. No toothbrush,toothpaste,soap was provided, but there is a liquid soap and shampoo. What I like most is that we were able to use the dipping pool which operates as a jacuzzi at the same time at the 10th floor.Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and the price is good enough if you're not on a tight budget.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends