“Affordable prices & relaxing massage”
Review of Castle Peak Hotel

Castle Peak Hotel
Ranked #69 of 213 Hotels in Cebu Island
Manila, Philippines
“Affordable prices & relaxing massage”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my family, twice. Actually, we come to Cebu for the massage offered by the hotel, believe it or not. We just stayed overnight or just go there have lunch and a massage. The massage therapists are really goodthst I fall asleep after a few minutes.

As for the rooms, they are alright. The rooms are quite small, but for travelers like me I don't mind staying at this place overnight. The breakfast is also very nice and tasty. Lunch and dinner offer a nice selections of food may it be a local cuisine or International.

I recommend this place, and give it 3 stars.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Whenever I go to Cebu, this is the hotel I stay at because of the location and the price. I'm usually out and about the whole trip, so I really only need a bed in an air-conditioned room come night time. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the various malls, and other places where you will have activities. It is very easy to find/get to. The breakfast buffet is so-so, but for the price you pay, you really can't complain.

Customer service definitely could be better, but not appalling.
Normally cleanliness is not an issue, but in the most recent Cebu trip I had, I stayed here and found a tiny cockroach in the room. That was not pleasant at all, but I'll still consider staying here the next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Good location. Helpful staff. Great food. Nice rooms. But...

Small windows in most rooms, which have a huge pillar right in front - totally blocking any view. Rooms are a bit claustrophobic. Unless you pay extra and stay in the top category with a balcony.

No manager on duty.
Internet very unstable.
Great rooftop bar!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stood me in lobby for more than 1 hour only because they cannot find my reservation thru Hotels.com. Even after I show them email confirmation on laptop, they still demand me to wait till it is shown on their system. Even with my credit card for incidentals and copy of passport, stood me for more than 1 hour. Unbelievable experience. I reserved for King size bed and it was 2 twin beds put together. Ridiculous. Even with all this unpleasant experience, I tried to maintain my cool, but I lost my cool when my key card has been deactivated and hotel staffs treating me as a potential criminal, instead of showing their regret for mistakes. I don't know if it is the stupidity of management how dictates how staffs work or staffs are incapable of handling customers. This roach motel is even substandard for Philippines average hotel standard.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Travisjohng

Travellers are raving about these Cebu Island hotels

Fairfield, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Castle Peak Hotel in Cebu during the 2nd week of May 2014 and found this hotel to be an excellent alternative to the hotels located near the Ayala Mall. This hotel is about a 5-8 minute drive from the mall (depending on the traffic). The price is right, the wifi access in the room is outstanding, the hot water really works and the rooms are comfortable! The breakfast buffet is only average. I am very pleased with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay at the Castle Peak Hotel again. The front desk ladies are always smiling and helpful. Also, there is a convenient laundry service (Wash n Dry) across the street and they are good. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg A
Mindanao, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This could be an excellent hotel with a good location and reasonable prices. As well, it has the basics down: quiet, nice rooms, good beds and pillows, wonderful shower. So why the low rating?

1. the furniture in the lobby looks very trendy, but VERY uncomfortable. Only one halfway comfortable chair.
2. In the afternoon, the sun blasts in the windows and, for some reason the blinds are not pulled. HOT.
3. No air conditioning in the halls.
4. Worse, there is no "lip" between the shower stall and the bathroom itself. So water flows onto the outside floor and then is tracked throughout the room. VERY dangerous, easy to slip.
5. the the late afternoon, the restaurant was sweaty hot.
these all could be rectified easily. but, until then, stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Don L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Located in Mabolo, this hotel sits in a nice neighborhood of Cebu City.
I was impressed from the moment I showed up in my taxi. The hotel looked quite nice from outside. The doorman was friendly.
Check-in was a breeze and the counter staff were friendly and helpful. We were offered the choice of the new section or the old section. So, I said, "Let's take a look". Both were fine but the older section has bigger rooms. We opted for room 620 (Grand Superior) in the older section.
Our room was immaculate. Even though we were on the street side it was still very quiet.
Beds are pretty comfortable.
The bar on the 9th floor is nice and has an outdoor patio with a wonderful view.
Buffet breakfast was excellent. For 250 pesos, there is a wide range of food to choose from. You can also have eggs made to your own specs and brought to your table.
Check out was also a breeze.
Would I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple