“Just ok. AC not strong enough. Don't get old rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Peak Hotel

Castle Peak Hotel
Ranked #70 of 211 Hotels in Cebu Island
Manila, Philippines
“Just ok. AC not strong enough. Don't get old rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Got one of the older rooms. Just okay. Very spacious but it kinda feels creepy with all those old furnitures. Hair blower not working, no electrical sockets near the bed. The air conditioning isn't strong enough, I find myself sweating in the middle of the night. So annoying. But the housekeeping old guy is nice. Food is just okay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Melbourne AU
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed in one of the un-renovated rooms and totally underwhelming for the price.
Restaurant & bar are ok but close to full western prices. Central location close to Ayala Mall.
Internet connection not great in room but ok in public areas.

Room Tip: Ensure you book a room in the renovated section
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my family, twice. Actually, we come to Cebu for the massage offered by the hotel, believe it or not. We just stayed overnight or just go there have lunch and a massage. The massage therapists are really goodthst I fall asleep after a few minutes.

As for the rooms, they are alright. The rooms are quite small, but for travelers like me I don't mind staying at this place overnight. The breakfast is also very nice and tasty. Lunch and dinner offer a nice selections of food may it be a local cuisine or International.

I recommend this place, and give it 3 stars.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Whenever I go to Cebu, this is the hotel I stay at because of the location and the price. I'm usually out and about the whole trip, so I really only need a bed in an air-conditioned room come night time. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the various malls, and other places where you will have activities. It is very easy to find/get to. The breakfast buffet is so-so, but for the price you pay, you really can't complain.

Customer service definitely could be better, but not appalling.
Normally cleanliness is not an issue, but in the most recent Cebu trip I had, I stayed here and found a tiny cockroach in the room. That was not pleasant at all, but I'll still consider staying here the next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Good location. Helpful staff. Great food. Nice rooms. But...

Small windows in most rooms, which have a huge pillar right in front - totally blocking any view. Rooms are a bit claustrophobic. Unless you pay extra and stay in the top category with a balcony.

No manager on duty.
Internet very unstable.
Great rooftop bar!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stood me in lobby for more than 1 hour only because they cannot find my reservation thru Hotels.com. Even after I show them email confirmation on laptop, they still demand me to wait till it is shown on their system. Even with my credit card for incidentals and copy of passport, stood me for more than 1 hour. Unbelievable experience. I reserved for King size bed and it was 2 twin beds put together. Ridiculous. Even with all this unpleasant experience, I tried to maintain my cool, but I lost my cool when my key card has been deactivated and hotel staffs treating me as a potential criminal, instead of showing their regret for mistakes. I don't know if it is the stupidity of management how dictates how staffs work or staffs are incapable of handling customers. This roach motel is even substandard for Philippines average hotel standard.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Travisjohng

Travellers are raving about these Cebu Island hotels

Fairfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Castle Peak Hotel in Cebu during the 2nd week of May 2014 and found this hotel to be an excellent alternative to the hotels located near the Ayala Mall. This hotel is about a 5-8 minute drive from the mall (depending on the traffic). The price is right, the wifi access in the room is outstanding, the hot water really works and the rooms are comfortable! The breakfast buffet is only average. I am very pleased with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay at the Castle Peak Hotel again. The front desk ladies are always smiling and helpful. Also, there is a convenient laundry service (Wash n Dry) across the street and they are good. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business