Las Flores
US$295
US$235
Agoda.com
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$48
Trip.com
US$105
US$65
All reviewscebu citybeautiful roomsir iansmall hotelswimming poolwarm hospitalitysea walloverlooking the seamalapascua islandprivate beachvirginiaphilippineshostsguesthouseretreatcanoeing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It is rare that people would find owners of a resort to be hands-on in making sure that their customers are well taken cared of. My partner and I went on a road trip venture to the north and found this simply adorable resort with staff who will warmly welcome you and give you the best customer service a resort should have. The food is fantastic and classy. The price is worth what they serve. The pool is always very clean and warm. I will definitely go back here and also invite my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are simply amazing!!!!
1  Thank Astrid A
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent 5 nights with my wife in Las Flores in May 2014. Virginia, one of the owners/managers, was very helpful in arranging a comfortable, air-conditioned driver transfer from the Cebu airport. The driver (Michael) was also very friendly and even stopped to buy us water on the way over (we found local Cebuanos to be very warm and kind people). Once we arrived at the hotel, we were warmly greeted by Virginia and her staff and they gave us both a refreshing towel and a complimentary orange juice. This was a very nice touch after the long trip we had, and immediately won us over to the hospitality and thoughtfulness of the people here.
The following days didn't disappoint either. I’ve traveled around the world and stayed in hotels much more expensive than this one, but I have to say this was the first time I felt like I was staying at a close friend’s place. Both Virginia and her husband Ian are very warm, friendly people, and go out of their way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. The staff was also excellent. Mirna and Dessa, who handle the cooking and food serving, cooked delicious food with great presentation. Their service was excellent.
The room service (Ruth) was also very good and we had fresh, clean towels and bed sheets every single day (not all resorts in the Philippines do that from my experience).
The rooms at Las Flores are nicely decorated, with somewhat of a classic British feel to them. We stayed at room 5 which I highly recommend since it is upstairs, it’s very spacious, and has a balcony offering a nice view towards the beach. The first day we arrived there was a new Moon and the starry sky view was wonderful. Air conditioning, at least in our room, was very good and relatively silent (this was refreshing since we had just stayed at another resort where the AC was noisy and ineffective; not here).
The beach is a bit rocky, but we knew that in advance from other reviews, so it didn't bother us. I enjoyed the beach view more than anything, as you can have your meals overlooking the sea and listening to the waves; very relaxing. The pool is very nice, clean and well maintained.
All in all, this was one of the most relaxing stays I have ever had in the Philippines. The nice facilities, coupled with warm friendly staff and delicious food really made a difference. I highly recommend Las Flores to anyone visiting Cebu.

Room Tip: Choose room #5
1  Thank PAULOOLIVEIRA2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I give Las Flores Hotel a 5 plus star for the following reasons:
• The most relaxing place I have ever visited for a world traveler (been to other parts of Asia, US, Canada, Mexico and Europe).
• You get a BIG BANG for your buck. For a hotel with almost 5 star review, the price is totally reasonable. Ask for room #5.
• I love both Virgie and Ian, the owners of the resort. They make you feel so welcome and part of the family. I remember getting fresh orange juice and cold towelettes as we first enter their door from a long and tiring trip. I have never received this simple act of hospitality and great service that left a great impression. Both Virgie and Ian make sure that we are entertained during our stay by assisting us with available local services.
• The staff Myrna, Ruth, and Dessa are amazingly wonderful. We are greeted every day with a smiling face, great food cooked to perfection along with great presentation (hot plates and hot dish, fresh towels and linens and great service. They go beyond their call of duty to ensure we are being taken cared of. Thanks so much Dessa for bringing me the local “bibingka”.
• The resort is well-maintained and very clean. Our room had a spectacular view. We had a French door that opens to a view of the beach and swimming pool. At night, we are greeted by numerous stars in the sky and the relaxing sound of the sea waves.
• Although the place is far from the city (don’t go to the city by bus on Mondays and Saturdays), the surrounding towns were very interesting and the locals are very helpful, friendly, accommodating and very hospitable. We were here for 5 days and enjoyed every minute of it.
• The beach is very serene. We knew that the beach is a bit rocky before we came in and this did not bother us.

Room Tip: Ask for room #5. It is spacious and luxurious
1  Thank asnurse
Reviewed 9 February 2014

after the business trip in PH, Manila, Cebu City, I extended my stay in Cebu Island and booked Las Flores thanks to tripadvisor! it was a great way to recharge the battery, to enjoy traditional messages, and take off for the water sport adventure nearby; grasping a bit of a local experience, renting a motorbicycle; as well as taking a local bus transport back to Cebu City; in the hotel Las Flores I found all I needed and more, delicious food, warm hospitality; and creativity in supporting my requests, how to enjoy water sport still with the typhoon signal 2... (rsrsrs)
the warm hearted host Virgina and her team made this difference; I hope to be able to go back antother time....

Room Tip: ask for the room number 5, I think it is the best :-)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Agata S
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at Las Flores in Dec.2013-Jan.2014.
It was a short while, but I had a wonderful time in Las Flores.

And, Ian & Virginia the owners & all staffs were warmly welcomed me.
They were always kindness.

The room was great.
It was very comfortable.
The terrace has great view.
I could see wonderful sunset&sunrise.
And,The all food was so delicious.

They always makes me happy!
Everything was fantastic.