“Reignite your love here.. and be pampered.”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Prior to reservation, I read through all reviews and clearly saw how great this property is. But it is never the same when you truly experience that generous, attentive and welcoming service. This was meant as a Birthday and wedding anniversary gift for my husband and was evaluating between Bintan or doing a 'staycation' in Singapore and am glad I went for Capella. From the moment I booked the hotel, it was just pure class from Capella. They sent personalized email to remind you of the booking, congratulated us on the special ocassions and very kindly offer further service should we require. At check in, we were greeted by the Service Manager whom promptly helped us with check in. We arrived early at 10am and check in is not till 3pm but the Manager reassured us that he will try to get the room ready as soon as possible. He also surprised us by very kindly extending to a 6pm check out. The spa at Capella was also just as amazing. Their spa facilities are top class, the vitality pool, steam room, hot&cold shower is one of the best I have experienced. As they knew it was my husband's birthday, the SPA brought us a fruit platter with a candle to celebrate. I will further recommend Capella Chinese restaurant - Cassia. It is a nice surprise to know that such great quality cuisine is being served in a hotel. Cassia restaurant manager - Lay Yong is just as helpful as anyone whom we have met in this hotel. She has very kindly advice us not to over - order where we had every intention to but later to really appreciate her kind advice as it was indeed too much food. Capella has a 'nature' pool which is a nice differentiation to other hotel resorts.

The only small disappointment we have was that they forgot to do the romantic turndown (rose petals etc) as we bought the Romance ala carte package.
But even that did little to negate the wonderful experience, the pampering treatment and their hospitality we have experienced in this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Firstly, a very happy belated birthday to your husband and congratulations on your anniversary. It is truly an honour that you would choose to celebrate these very special and important occasions with us here at Capella Singapore and I am delighted to be able to read about the lovely experiences you an d your husband had with us.

At Capella Singapore, we take pleasure in being about to create special and memorable experiences for each of our guests, such as arranging for early check ins with no additional charges and complimentary surprises to celebrate special occasions. I am so pleased that during your stay with us you were able to try out the award winning Auriga spa and all its facilities as well as dine at Cassia, our fine dining Chinese restaurant.

Please accept my sincere apologies about the romantic turndown. I assure you that such oversight is certainly not a Capella standard and we have addressed this with the relevant departments to ensure it will not happen again.

Nevertheless, I am still thrilled at the marvelous experience you and your husband had with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Capella Singapore

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great getaway with family members. This is a lovely place for family reunions and we had our 93 year old grandma with us. We had adjoining rooms and grqndma enjoyed the sea view and food. It was a tranquil location, away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Sentosa's tourists. A short cab ride or shuttle bus will bring you to your area of interest.

Room Tip: A room with sea view and balcony. You can see squirrels, jumping of tree to tree and birds flying in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee G

I am so pleased to know that you had a lovely family vacation with us here at Capella Singapore. Set on 30 acres of lush tropical landscape with the beautiful South China Sea as a backdrop, Capella Singapore is definitely a great location to unwind away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy city.

Indeed, as you have described, despite the luxury of being tucked away on an exclusive serene resort, Capella Singapore is still only minutes away from all the attractions, shopping and sights of Singapore.

It is lovely to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed yourselves with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family and I have travelled the world. We only stay in 5 star luxury properties, hotel, resort and when possible residential portions of luxury mixed use developments.

I would be hard pressed to find a resort that exceeds Capella Singapore.

Besides the incredible design of Capella Singapore and its location in Sentosa, with views of the South China Sea, the facilities are second to none. I think the smallest room is something like 70 square meters. The Knolls Dining and Bob's Bar overlooking the ocean as well as the Chinese Restaurant are outstanding. The spa was so relaxing, and the pools beautiful and calming.

But more important was the level of service. The staffs at this resort understand and anticipate the needs of the guests--we could tell someone had taught each employee from the reception to housekeeping to the staff who drive the buggy's that the needs of the customers must, under all situations be satisfied. All I ever heard my entire stay from each and every member of their team was "Right away", "Certainly", "Please allow me...", "I would be happy to..."

I would definitely recommend Capella to anyone who wants to truly experience the luxury of a world-class resort. I would be hard pressed to name a property we have stayed at that exceeds this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruce G
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your remarkable experience with us and I am so excited to know of the wonderful time you had during your stay with us. It is especially pleasing to know that all our staff were perfect hosts to you and your family. At Capella Singapore, we try to make each guest feel at home and comfortable with us, creating an environment which is hassle-free. We do this by trying to get to know our guests and being attentive to their needs so that we can, as you have described, anticipate the needs of each guest and provide for it without being asked.

I am also pleased to know that you were able to experience and were extremely satisfied with all the hotel facilities, from the restaurants – The Knolls and Cassia, to Bob’s Bar and especially Auriga spa. Here in Capella, we offer the largest accommodation in Singapore, with our Premier Rooms offering 77sqm of luxurious living space.

Thank you for this glowing review and for recommending Capella Singapore to other readers. It is an honour to be considered one of your top hotel experiences and I hope that you and your family will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I finally managed to make a 3 night weekend stay after several cancellations... I had high expectations, and this Capella delivered well. This is not an 'inexpensive' place to stay, but they have very high service standards matched by Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton's. You would not know that you were in Singapore anymore...

On check-in, we were upgraded to a villa (app 150m2) with a private plunge pool, all of which was very impressive. Considering we have 2 very small children, the additional space upgrade is something I always ask for. The villa was nestled in brush and tropical foliage, so there wasn't much of any view to speak of, but we came here for an escape, and we got that.

Cleanliness, room and bathroom amenities were excellent. Breakfast was at the Knolls and a modest selection at best, but one couldn't help note the conservative bias - yes, there are other hotels with those stupendous breakfast buffets, but we overlook the enormous wastage of food at such presentations - after seasoned travelling over the years, I've learned to take the minimalist (low waste) approach - so they deserve 5* for that alone. All else was just excellent - couldn't ask for more.

Incidentally, I've also had experiences in 2 other hotels on Sentosa, both fall far back to this one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gul1957

I am truly pleased to know that your experience with us at Capella Singapore was up to your expectations. Indeed, with 30 acres of lush landscape and natural foliage, with the South China Sea in the background, Capella Singapore gives you the feeling of being far away from the maddening crowds of the bustling city, which is only just minutes away.

Our villas are a popular choice among families because of the vast amount of space it offers as well as the private plunge pool for the children and adults to enjoy and I am happy to know that the services standards of our staff were pleasing to you.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed at the Capella Sentosa Resort in October 2012, in a one bedroom villa with pool. Capella is set on many acres of land on the island of Sentosa . Only a stone throw away from all the attractions that Sentosa and singapore have to offer. We arrived at the resort early in the morning (05:30am) and the staff had already fixed our room up so we were allowed to check in early !...The staff at the resort are only to happy to assist with any queries you may have and they make you feel very welcome!.There is a main pool at the resort that is broken up into two large lagoons on the side of a hill with a view of Sentosa Harbour. I would definitely suggest that if you stay here you ensure to have breakfast included in your holiday package, as there is so much food to choose from , the hotel take great pride in alternating the buffet menu so that your taste buds wont be disappointed. If you can go all out the private pool villas are the way to go very spacious separate living room , bedroom, bathrooms with his and hers amenities/separate sinks, and also an outdoor shower that is perfectly sealed off for privacy, and last but not least your own private pool !!! (decent size too).. The main lobby area has an upstairs section called the library where you can go and choose from array of dvds, books to read and this is also where afternoon tea is served with a mired of cakes , biscuits and savories to choose from...you can either get around at the resort by foot (although everything is very spaced out ) or there are numerous buggies running around the resort who can pick you up and take you to where you need to go. This accommodation I would recommend for everyone whether its a romantic trip away or a family on a stop over to/from their destination .There are nearby attractions which are within walking distance from this hotel Sentosa world (theme style park), also has an underwater aquarium on the island and many restaurants for all taste-buds
Over all I give this hotel 10/10 one of the best places I have stayed!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alleys

Thank you for sharing this lovely description of Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am so thrilled to read about your wonderful experience with us. Here at Capella, some of the very unique points that set us aside from many other hotels in Singapore are that we are an island respite, just minutes away from the main city of Singapore, surrounded by 30 acres of natural tropical flora and fauna. We also offer flexible check in and check out times for all our guests as long as our rooms are available, to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and unhurried experience with us.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls. Our culinary team takes great care to vary the spread, ensuring that guests who stay with us over a longer period of time are not disappointed with having to have the same dining offerings. Our villas featuring the private plunge pool are also a favourite among many guests, with the large luxurious living room, bedroom and bathroom.

Indeed Capella Singapore’s location is truly ideal for that luxury vacation away from the bustling crowds, but still accessible to many local attractions around Sentosa and Singapore. I am so happy that you were able to experience all that and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at Capella with my wife for four days during September. This is probably the best hotel we ever stayed at. The service was superb, gently staff and the room was fabulous. The hospitality of the staff was fantastic. Situated on the Sentosa island was not a problem noise wise and transportation wise. Great recredential areas near by including two gold courses. We highly recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for this lovely review and your kind recommendations. It is always a joy to read about the wonderful experiences our guests have during their stay with us. I am thrilled that you would consider Capella Singapore as one of the best hotels you've ever stayed at.

Indeed being located on Sentosa Island, on 30 acres of beautiful natural terrain, Capella Singapore is blessed with tropical serene gardens, just minutes away from the vibrant city and the award winning Sentosa Golf Course.

I am truly happy to know that your stay with us was excellent and I hope that you will return to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I organised my proposal to my gf(now fiancee). All the service staff were extremely helpful and thoughtful. One of them, Michael, even went all out to try his best to facilitate whatever he can. For near to 3 months, he was fully supportive. Simply put, it's better than an ideal stay. Beyond expectations

• Stayed: September 2013

Firstly, congratulations on your engagement. I am so pleased to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us, especially in terms of the service of our staff.
At Capella Singapore, we place the guest at the centre of everything that we do in order to create special and unique memories for each guest.

Thank you for your lovely words of praise, I hope to be able to welcome you and your fiancée back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#41 of 316 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!