“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This report is actually overdue for a long time. We are staying in the Capella on a regular basis for more than two years now and it is very nice to see that the hotel kept its high standards over these last two years. There are many reviews with descriptions about the rooms, food and service and I do not think I can add much here. We stayed in all room categories except the manors, but will try one of those some day when family from overseas will be visiting. It is just a wonderful property with excellent service, which is perfect for a weekend retreat from busy Singapore. Although I am not a fan of the busy and somehow artificial Sentosa, Capella is a green and quite oasis. One point to mention is the very personal service. I remember when I stayed here last year after our child was born and they had to remain in a hospital nearby. Since I was a bit stressed when coming from the hospital after midnight, the reception asked me what happened. Next morning, they waited with flowers and a basket with baby toys when I went back to the hospital. Very nice touch! Another thing which is also surprising to us is that most of the staff even remember the name of our now one year old child when we come back to the hotel for a weekend stay.

For newcomers, I would suggest to book a sea view room. I just like the view over the green hotel grounds towards the sea. For a romantic getaway, I would select either a villa with private pool or the Constellation room which comes with an open air whirlpool.

In summary, we can only recommend this hotel since it is simply outstanding. We stayed in quite a few other high end hotels in Singapore as well, but this hotel is just on a different level.

Room Tip: For newcomers, I would suggest to book a sea view room. I just like the view over the green hotel gr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mobility2010
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experiences at Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the lovely things you had to say about the resort. Indeed at Capella Singapore, all our guests are special and important to us and we make it a point to remember each of our guests and identify ways to make their stay unique and memorable for them.

Your kind words of recommendation and your continued support is very much valued and appreciated. I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us again, perhaps next time in one of our luxurious manors with a private pool.

Capella Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We visited Capella last year as part of our honeymoon. We booked 3 nights in a garden villa with private plunge pool...wow! This place really does deserve its title of one of the LSHW. We had a wonderful time and really hope we can return for a few nights again soon. The villa was stunning and very spacious. The complex was immaculate and the restaurant and bar well worth a visit. We visited the spa for the honeymoon package and although expensive it was well worth it. I would highly recommend this place for a honeymoon or special occasion.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberley80
It was lovely to be able to read about the time that you spent with us at Capella Singapore. Thank you for the kind recommendation you made in this review. Our villas are indeed a favourite among many guests, offering the delightful luxury of space, complete with a private plunge pool. I am also pleased that you were able to experience the restaurants and Bob’s Bar, and especially to enjoy a treatment at the award-winning Auriga spa.

I am thrilled to know that you would like to return again for a few nights and I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

As, Belgium
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Even though my husband and I only spent one night at Capella, we felt like we had escaped the busy city life in Singapore. We stayed in a suite overlooking the sea. Needless to say, the view was lovely from our suite. Loved the space and layout of the suite and the bathtub, again with a view. The service at Capella was excellent and we received such warm and personal service even though we were guests for only one night. The staff at the check in desk were always helpful. Check in and check out were smooth and we were particularly impressed by their offer to drive our car up to the lobby upon check out. We enjoyed spending our afternoons at the Library. We also checked out the gym, which was modern and well equipped. If only the gym had a view too, but I guess they saved the views for the pools and the restaurant.

All in all, we were most impressed by the excellent level of service and the suite itself.

Room Tip: Suite overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mscappa
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I am trilled to learn that while you were only able to spend one night with us at Capella Singapore, it was a truly wonderful experience for you and your husband. The views from our hotel rooms are indeed a highlight for many guests as we look out on nature at its finest, with the magnificent South China Sea. Capella Singapore is certainly a unique location set on 30 acres of tropical greenery where you can escape the bustling business of city life and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy that.

It is also a joy to learn that our staff were great hosts to you and your husband during your stay with us. At Capella Singapore all our guests are special and important to us regardless of the amount of time they will be spending at the hotel, and we make it our prerogative to ensure that each guest is well taken care of to the best of our abilities.

Thank you for this lovely review and I hope to be able to welcome you and your husband back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Prior to reservation, I read through all reviews and clearly saw how great this property is. But it is never the same when you truly experience that generous, attentive and welcoming service. This was meant as a Birthday and wedding anniversary gift for my husband and was evaluating between Bintan or doing a 'staycation' in Singapore and am glad I went for Capella. From the moment I booked the hotel, it was just pure class from Capella. They sent personalized email to remind you of the booking, congratulated us on the special ocassions and very kindly offer further service should we require. At check in, we were greeted by the Service Manager whom promptly helped us with check in. We arrived early at 10am and check in is not till 3pm but the Manager reassured us that he will try to get the room ready as soon as possible. He also surprised us by very kindly extending to a 6pm check out. The spa at Capella was also just as amazing. Their spa facilities are top class, the vitality pool, steam room, hot&cold shower is one of the best I have experienced. As they knew it was my husband's birthday, the SPA brought us a fruit platter with a candle to celebrate. I will further recommend Capella Chinese restaurant - Cassia. It is a nice surprise to know that such great quality cuisine is being served in a hotel. Cassia restaurant manager - Lay Yong is just as helpful as anyone whom we have met in this hotel. She has very kindly advice us not to over - order where we had every intention to but later to really appreciate her kind advice as it was indeed too much food. Capella has a 'nature' pool which is a nice differentiation to other hotel resorts.

The only small disappointment we have was that they forgot to do the romantic turndown (rose petals etc) as we bought the Romance ala carte package.
But even that did little to negate the wonderful experience, the pampering treatment and their hospitality we have experienced in this property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Firstly, a very happy belated birthday to your husband and congratulations on your anniversary. It is truly an honour that you would choose to celebrate these very special and important occasions with us here at Capella Singapore and I am delighted to be able to read about the lovely experiences you an d your husband had with us.

At Capella Singapore, we take pleasure in being about to create special and memorable experiences for each of our guests, such as arranging for early check ins with no additional charges and complimentary surprises to celebrate special occasions. I am so pleased that during your stay with us you were able to try out the award winning Auriga spa and all its facilities as well as dine at Cassia, our fine dining Chinese restaurant.

Please accept my sincere apologies about the romantic turndown. I assure you that such oversight is certainly not a Capella standard and we have addressed this with the relevant departments to ensure it will not happen again.

Nevertheless, I am still thrilled at the marvelous experience you and your husband had with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great getaway with family members. This is a lovely place for family reunions and we had our 93 year old grandma with us. We had adjoining rooms and grqndma enjoyed the sea view and food. It was a tranquil location, away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Sentosa's tourists. A short cab ride or shuttle bus will bring you to your area of interest.

Room Tip: A room with sea view and balcony. You can see squirrels, jumping of tree to tree and birds flying in...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee G
I am so pleased to know that you had a lovely family vacation with us here at Capella Singapore. Set on 30 acres of lush tropical landscape with the beautiful South China Sea as a backdrop, Capella Singapore is definitely a great location to unwind away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy city.

Indeed, as you have described, despite the luxury of being tucked away on an exclusive serene resort, Capella Singapore is still only minutes away from all the attractions, shopping and sights of Singapore.

It is lovely to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed yourselves with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family and I have travelled the world. We only stay in 5 star luxury properties, hotel, resort and when possible residential portions of luxury mixed use developments.

I would be hard pressed to find a resort that exceeds Capella Singapore.

Besides the incredible design of Capella Singapore and its location in Sentosa, with views of the South China Sea, the facilities are second to none. I think the smallest room is something like 70 square meters. The Knolls Dining and Bob's Bar overlooking the ocean as well as the Chinese Restaurant are outstanding. The spa was so relaxing, and the pools beautiful and calming.

But more important was the level of service. The staffs at this resort understand and anticipate the needs of the guests--we could tell someone had taught each employee from the reception to housekeeping to the staff who drive the buggy's that the needs of the customers must, under all situations be satisfied. All I ever heard my entire stay from each and every member of their team was "Right away", "Certainly", "Please allow me...", "I would be happy to..."

I would definitely recommend Capella to anyone who wants to truly experience the luxury of a world-class resort. I would be hard pressed to name a property we have stayed at that exceeds this one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bruce G
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your remarkable experience with us and I am so excited to know of the wonderful time you had during your stay with us. It is especially pleasing to know that all our staff were perfect hosts to you and your family. At Capella Singapore, we try to make each guest feel at home and comfortable with us, creating an environment which is hassle-free. We do this by trying to get to know our guests and being attentive to their needs so that we can, as you have described, anticipate the needs of each guest and provide for it without being asked.

I am also pleased to know that you were able to experience and were extremely satisfied with all the hotel facilities, from the restaurants – The Knolls and Cassia, to Bob’s Bar and especially Auriga spa. Here in Capella, we offer the largest accommodation in Singapore, with our Premier Rooms offering 77sqm of luxurious living space.

Thank you for this glowing review and for recommending Capella Singapore to other readers. It is an honour to be considered one of your top hotel experiences and I hope that you and your family will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I finally managed to make a 3 night weekend stay after several cancellations... I had high expectations, and this Capella delivered well. This is not an 'inexpensive' place to stay, but they have very high service standards matched by Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton's. You would not know that you were in Singapore anymore...

On check-in, we were upgraded to a villa (app 150m2) with a private plunge pool, all of which was very impressive. Considering we have 2 very small children, the additional space upgrade is something I always ask for. The villa was nestled in brush and tropical foliage, so there wasn't much of any view to speak of, but we came here for an escape, and we got that.

Cleanliness, room and bathroom amenities were excellent. Breakfast was at the Knolls and a modest selection at best, but one couldn't help note the conservative bias - yes, there are other hotels with those stupendous breakfast buffets, but we overlook the enormous wastage of food at such presentations - after seasoned travelling over the years, I've learned to take the minimalist (low waste) approach - so they deserve 5* for that alone. All else was just excellent - couldn't ask for more.

Incidentally, I've also had experiences in 2 other hotels on Sentosa, both fall far back to this one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gul1957
I am truly pleased to know that your experience with us at Capella Singapore was up to your expectations. Indeed, with 30 acres of lush landscape and natural foliage, with the South China Sea in the background, Capella Singapore gives you the feeling of being far away from the maddening crowds of the bustling city, which is only just minutes away.

Our villas are a popular choice among families because of the vast amount of space it offers as well as the private plunge pool for the children and adults to enjoy and I am happy to know that the services standards of our staff were pleasing to you.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 306 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!