“Best Singapore Hotel Experience Yet”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was amazed at the space, modern amenities and comfort this hotel was able to provide during my stay. Even prior to arrival, I was already contacted by one of their personal assistants who I gave some last minute requests to. Check in was quick and the staff were able to provide me with every little request, whether it's an ice pack for my swollen wrist, buckets and buckets of ice for champagne and packing implements for my travel back. The room was amazing, huge and not lacking in everything I needed for comfort and luxury to enjoy my stay. I especially loved the peacock visitors in the bar during my afternoon cocktail and the yummy Singaporean food from room service, I will definitely be back here!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. It was a real delight reading about the nice things you had to say about us, from your arrival experience with the, to the care that was extended to you during your stay.

At Capella Singapore, we are blessed to be on 30 acres of beautiful greenery with plenty of natural flora and fauna, including the colourful peacocks.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Capella Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hidden gem - although expensive (actually like all the hotels in SIN). Nothing to complain. Wonderful stay.

The taxi ride is to the city is short and organized well by the hotel.

Will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TBfromDB

It is wonderful to know that your stay with us went very well and was much to your liking. Indeed Capella Singapore is a lovely tranquil oasis just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of busy Singapore.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We got married in the hotel 3 weeks ago and we were put up in the bridal villa for 2 nights. The property is absolutely amazing! It was tranquil and peaceful. The villa was very clean, spacious and it exuded a sense of tranquility. Bob's bar was a nice place to just chill out in the afternoon having a beer and lounging on the sofas.

Breakfast was held at the Knolls restaurant every morning. The selection is above average, they provide freshly squeezed juices which was a plus. Breakfast was good and sufficient but the selection were average.

However there were several minor points that could be improved upon. Service was slow, buggy rides to and fro from the villa took an average of 10-15 mins for them to arrive at the villa to bring us to the main hotel. Room service staff were forgetful. We ordered champagne on the first day and requested for an additional ice bucket, only the champagne arrived without the additional ice bucket. Then we called room service again to bring the additional ice bucket but they forgot about that and after 20 mins, we called the 3rd time to remind them about the ice bucket and finally it arrived.

This minor things didnt ruin our stay there, dont get me wrong, but if the property commands a high premium, i think these minor issues should be ironed out as it can get a little annoying.

Otherwise, the hotel is brilliant, hopefully the software would be able to match the hardware that is already amazing!

Room Tip: The regular rooms are gorgeous, comes with a view of the sea. the villas are spacious, comes with a...
1  Thank volvoc70m

Firstly, congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for choosing to share the special momentous occasion with us at Capella Singapore. I am very happy to know that the property and all its finishings and facilities were much to your liking and that you were able to enjoy the luxurious tranquility of the spacious villa.

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your experience during your stay with us, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have faced. Indeed you are right, that it is the little details that can affect the quality of one’s stay and we will certainly look into this matter to ensure that we can improve in creating perfectly flawless experiences for our guests.

Nevertheless, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed there on the 9th till 11th of Nov and I must say the environment was pretty enchanting from the first view up the slope to the colonial hotel main building with lush greenery field in front. Upon check-in, a detailed short tour was given of the hotel facilities and detailed information given for the hotel room followed.

Room wise, my gf and I were delighted at the spaciousness feel of the room with some features such as auto windows binds, Bose sound system with player and the bathroom amenities. However of course one would expect with the rates.The huge windows giving a wonderful view of the south china sea and Sentosa greenery plus the sofa to lounge around are worthy to mentioned to,

The pool and the complimentary breakfast are too excellent in our opinion and certainly do make the stay extra enjoyable. Other facilities such as the gym, SPA and library are places guests can visit and use certainly brings some extra nice feeling during the stay.

Special thanks to Cheryl Chan, assistant manager, PA for making our stay memorable too. The extra effort you have done out of your goodwill makes the planned birthday celebration a breeze and we couldn't have been grateful more. Good job!

I certainly will recommend this hotel to others and will be coming back again if time allows.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read about how much you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us, that the rooms with all its facilities and furnishings were much to your liking, especially the views of the South China Sea.

It is also a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls, along with all the other services offered in Capella Singapore, such as the award-winning Auriga spa and the exclusive Library.

I am very happy that our staff were able to create a memorable experience for you as that is very important to us. I certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Capella is indeed a nice hotel. We booked one of the Constellation rooms. Whilst very nice it wasn't amazing. Wear and tear is clear to see with the wooden floor at the entry point being stained and worn. The sofa and soft furnishings are stained. I would expect more from a hotel with these rates. The view was good although I asked to be moved as we were not facing the sea as described in the room description. We had the city Skyline to the right and an obscured view of the sea to the left ( room 503). I was told there wasn't any other (constellation rooms) available.

Breakfast was good but not outstanding.

Room service was good and the quality of food was OK.

The spa was good as you would expect with the rates they charge.

The hotel is a strange combination architecturally. The main building is a white colonial style building, very stately. The buildings behind the main colonial building where they house the villas and suites is a very contemporary dark wood and cement creation that really doesn't mesh well with the rest of the estate. Strange.

The best part of this hotel is the Peacocks and Peahens roaming around the property. Majestic aloof creatures both intriguing and beautiful.

A good stay but this hotel wasn't warm and inviting. The place felt soulless and lacked character and atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am happy to know that you were able to experience and enjoy some of the facilities and services available at the hotel, such as the award winning Auriga spa.

It is disappointing to learn that the rooms were not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us. I assure you we will look into your comments to find ways to improve the experiences for all our guests.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to know that you had a good stay overall and I hope that you will still consider returning to Capella Singapore again and allow us to show you the true Capella experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

​Have just returned from a stay at this hotel, and I can highly recommend this. It is on Sentosa Island, which is Singapore's playground, with different amusements for all ages, including zip wires, wave machines, where you can learn to surf, the cable car, Universal Studio as well as other attractions suitable for all ages.

The Capella is an oasis of calm, and as soon as you enter you are transported into a calm and peaceful space. The hotel is colonial style to look at, however behind the colonial facade, are very modern and spacious rooms, all with views over the gardens, the bay or the pools. There are 3 interlinked pools, so even when the hotel is full, you are never surrounded by lots of people. The spa is also excellent, with a large variety of treatments to chose from. There is a wide option of dining choices, from traditional Singapore cuisine to fine dining European, and the breakfast buffet caters for all tastes.

The Capella hotels all have a private area purely for hotel guests, called the Library, where you can get soft drinks and teas and coffees plus refreshments, anytime of the day, and is a great place to unwind. Your room is peaceful and relaxing, and very well appointed with lots of space to relax and unwind, with a complimentary mini-bar of soft drinks and coffee and tea in your room, you can sit either on your balcony or in your room, through the large picture window, at the South China Seas.

It is hard to realise, when lounging around the pool, or having a relaxing drink in one of the bars, that you are just 5 minutes from lively Sentosa, or 10 minutes in a car from the many delights that Singapore have to offer

Room Tip: A high floor gives you a view over the South China Sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

It was an absolute delight reading your kind review of Capella Singapore. I am very pleased to know of how much you enjoyed your stay with us, from the luxurious and spacious rooms, to the award-winning Auriga spa, as well as The Library.

With 30 acres of tropical landscape, Capella Singapore is indeed blessed with the luxury of space which allows all our guests the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing retreat from the bustling city which is only minutes away.

I am truly happy that you had a wonderful time with us and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

yep, one of the best! located not too far (i.e., taxi ride) from the city center, a great hotel, amazing rooms, delicious breakfast, brilliant staff, exceptionally clean, lovely pools......... I didn't pay for it but i suspect it was very expensive!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to know that you consider Capella Singapore as one of the best experiences. Indeed, as you have mentioned, we are a tranquil oasis just minutes away from the vibrant Singapore city.

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the luxurious rooms, the breakfast spread at The Knolls, and especially the service from our staff.

I hope that you will be back to stay with us at Capella Singapore again soon.