“Impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Quezon City, Philippines
“Impressed!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed in about 20 different hotels here in Singapore ranging from luxury to budget, but I must say I was still impressed with my stay in Capella - this review is actually several months due, but better late than never!

The service here is topnotch and I guess that's what makes this hotel deserve a 5 for me. Everyone, from the booking agent, to the staff manning the library, were all exceedingly friendly and well-attuned to guest needs, without being too obtrusive. I was amazed to even see a senior staff member - more specifically the hotel's director of rooms, John, carrying luggage for some of the guests without them knowing who it was carrying their bags!

Room-wise, it's spacious and fitted with modern amenities. It's the type of room where you can just spend all day in, never mind if the flooring is showing a bit of wear and tear. Generally, the upkeep is still luxurious and clean for the most part. I was contacted prior to my arrival on the type of drinks I wanted for the room, which were free. When I arrived, I found my requested juices in the minibar - the fresh and not the bottled variety which I thought was a great departure from other hotels!

I was given a free breakfast during my stay which was just superb. There was a fantastic buffet spread as well as a selection of ala carte items. But of course, one can also go to the library for snacks at certain times of the day.

All in all, I would recommend Capella. Although it's no longer as new, the service here is topnotch and will put guests at ease. I would stay here again when another opportunity arises.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ACChua
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore. I am truly pleased to read about the wonderful time you had with us, from the luxurious and spacious rooms, to the breakfast spread at The Knolls.

Indeed at Capella Singapore we place our guests at the centre of everything that we do. In that manner, every member of the Capella team is more than happy to step in and help fill every guest need when possible.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back when you come and stay with us again.

Capella Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Everything was OK, except for handling the luggage. My experience of staying at Four Seasons regular, luggages arrive with us or within 5 min. If porter is understaff, concierge carries luggage if it is small enough. (which was small enough since it was for 1 day) I waited 15min and never came, and call concierge to send it over right away. They said they will. I waited another 15 min. It never came. So I went to get it myself only to find our luggage abandoned at the end of the hallway. So I told concierge that I really need to get things inside of my luggage so don't even bother. They apologised and gave me late check out. which I OK, but this time I did not book through Amex since it was actually Amex's gift certificate from Smiths, so I had no late check out, but I normally get early check in and late check out any way from platinum service, so it was nothing special but it turned out to be OK. They later called me at my home to even provide us with free dinner or lunch anytime I want since we live in Singapore. That is nice. However, my point is, if you spend nearly $1000 singapore dollar, I expect luggage to be delivered right away. If they are understaffed due to high volume of guest check in, they must have a back up plan to have every staff moving around to deliver luggage. There are small things I have requested prior to arrival which was not delivered, my baby's baby crib. We own Hilton Grand Vacation property and they always forget and I had to requested at the sight. Which is OK, because it is HILTON. However, it has never happened at Four Season, and even Banyan Tree never forgot. Also, we have booked dinner reservation at the hotel so concierge should know that we will be away from our room on certain time time the day, so they should send turn down service while we are gone. However, turn down service came when we were still relaxing at the room. This is also, highly unlikely experience. Overall experience was wonderful. It was a bit pricy, but this is singapore, everything is expensive. We, resident of Singapore, don't care about the price if goods are delivered promptly because we have certain expectation on class of hotel we stay. Restaurants were good and we love bob's bar, but my best experience was Spa. It was one of the best spa. I think what they need to do is, since they have a wonderful hotel, human resource should re-think about hospitality. Overall, no matter what kind of nice things you will received, hospitality is the most important things to run the hotel. (if you think of the word HOTEL and RESORT) Yes, maintenance and restaurants are very important, but running smooth operation is a key to keep reputation as high as it is now. Because with heads up hospitality, client will return and spread the word, and do some business function etc. Or, they can say, it is a great hotel, but service is not so great. Hope they will improve. I will definitely revisit the hotel since I really love the spa and also bobs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore. Firstly I am very happy to learn how much you enjoyed your time at Bob’s Bar and especially the award-winning Auriga spa – it is indeed one of the best spas in Singapore.

Your feedback with regards to certain areas of services is truly much appreciated. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have faced during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is certainly not the Capella standard at all and we are looking into ways to continually improve our service offerings to ensure that each guest has a relaxing, hassle free experience with us.

I sincerely hope that you will still consider coming back to stay with us again in future and allowing us to show you the true Capella experience.

Switzerland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I started off a short city break in Singapore with three nights at Capella and was very lucky with the beautiful sunny weather, despite it being early January, so my Constellation suite was a great choice for lazing in the sun. The small terrace had a jacuzzi and views over the resort to the South China Sea, double sun lounger etc. The room itself was large with a separate walk-in rain shower and bath with a view. On the downside some of the soft furnishings were a little tired and shabby, in fact general maintenance seems to be something of an issue at the hotel and for the price being charged this is unacceptable.

The pool area is attractive, though a grown ups only area would be welcome.

The spa was outstanding - best massage therapist in a long time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
It is such a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy wonderful weather during your break in Singapore, especially that the Constellation room and its facilities which were much to your liking. Auriga spa is also as you have mentioned - outstanding, and I am very pleased to know that you were able to enjoy it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay, I agree that this is not at all the Capella standard. We do make time for regular maintenance for each room to ensure that the finishings and facilities are all in excellent condition and we will certainly look into this.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

For a few romantic days together the Capella is great. Service, food and Ambiance in all Restaurants are great. The Chinese especially is lovely on the balcony in the evening with a view on the lights of Singapore.
This time I stayed during the week and enjoyed the quiet time at the pools. I would really in future only stay on weekdays as the weekend crowd with so many noisy families and weddings can be quite disturbing the peace. The hotel feels really like a beautiful resort far away but you are in the centre of Singapore in 15 Minutes.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
It is truly lovely to read about your experience at Capella Singapore. I am especially thrilled to know that your stay with us was wonderful, from enjoying the food at Cassia, our Chinese fine-dining restaurant, to the serene cascading swimming pools in the hotel. Indeed as you have described, Capella Singapore is blessed with a beautiful island resort just only minutes away from the heart of Singapore’s bustling central business district.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It is beyond description the kind of service one can receive at Capella Singapore. We are a family of 8, my in-laws and my mum; two over 80s and one over 70, my slightly retarded sister, my teenage daughter and 3 adults, a total of 8. Even prior to our arrival, we contacted the hotel to explain our situation and the service we got from Haziq was excellent. He arranged early check in according to the arrival time of our flight and late check-out at 5.00 pm as our departure flight is 8.00pm. And he also made sure that our three bedroom suite is on a floor where we do not have to walk any staircase. When we arrive, he became our Personal Assistant. What we appreciated most is that every single staff will do their utmost best to serve and even the buggy drivers are always friendly and eager to help. Buggy always arrive within 5 minutes after we have called. Spa is excellent. We are quite frequent travelers and have stayed in many hotels all around the world, but our family has voted Capella Singapore the best out of all the other 5 star hotels that we have stayed in. I must give special appreciation to Maria Nakamura, who is the Front Office Manager. She has given us much assistance and great advice tips as to where to eat and sightsee. Even when it is not convenient, she will see to it that the job is done swiftly. Professional, friendly, caring and efficient service is our comment towards her. She even sent a message to make sure that we have arrived home safely. My mum said that she would not want to stay in any other hotel in Singapore but only Capella. I believe that if you are a hotel management staff, you should stay at Capella Singapore to experience and learn from this hotel in order to improve the standard of your hotel. Congratulations to the owner and top management team of Capella Singapore. You have indeed done a great job in the training of your staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MarieChungHK
Thank you for sharing the amazing experience you and your family had at Capella Singapore during your stay with us. I am delighted to know that our staff were all excellent hosts during your stay with us, especially the experience brought to you by Maria and Haziq. At Capella Singapore, all our guests are important to us and we seek to do our utmost to ensure that we can create a pleasant, welcoming and hassle free experience for each guest.

Your kind words of praise and recommendations are truly appreciated. It is an honour to be thought of as your choice hotel destination in Singapore. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Capella Singapore on your next visit.

Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed over to celebrate my birthday. We were upgraded to a sea view room and everything in it was great. You could lie in bed to watch the sea with a little balcony to take in fresh air. Wonderful service and there is also treats in the main lobby to enjoy while waiting for check in. Breakfast at the Knolls was yummy especially the fluffy pancakes. I also like the bathroom amenities! Drinks at the bar was also good! Will definitely recommend this to friends and return again if budget allows. All the comfort came at a price :p

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank maddiesteo
It is such a joy to learn of the wonderful experience you had at Capella Singapore. I am pleased to know of how much you enjoyed your stay with us, from the luxurious rooms with the beautiful sea view and all its facilities, to the breakfast spread at The Knolls the drinks at Bob’s Bar.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

London, UK
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our second visit to this tranquil and delightful hotel. The staff are charming and so professional. A slight hiccup was a total embaressment to them and they were marvellous. It is a real haven minutes drive from the centtral area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Welcome back to Capella Singapore! It is such a pleasure to know that the service offered to you by our staff is consistently much to your liking. Indeed we place the utmost importance on ensuring that each of our guest enjoys a hassle and defect free experience with us.

I look forward to having you back to stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#36 of 312 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!