“Thumbs up for hospitality”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Thumbs up for hospitality”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Spent a short one night staycation at Capella. No complaints at all. I had a wonderful stay. The staffs were attentive to our needs. Personal assistant gave a tour around the room, and she was very pleasant. The room was spacious and comfortable. Relaxing ambiance, it didn't feel like I was in Singapore at all, it was by far the best break from city life. Breakfast at The Knolls was good, and service was great. (Though both my partner and I personally preferred less formalities.)

Memorable stay, will definitely come back and recommend to others! :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
It is a delight to know that you had a wonderful stay with us here at Capella Singapore. I am very happy to know that the staff were splendid hosts to you and that you were able to enjoy a relaxing break from the city in our luxurious rooms.

Thank you for sharing your lovely experience and for the kind recommendation. I hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Capella Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Spent a weekend night over at the Capella and booked for a Romance package. The treatment I got was out of this world indeed. Got an upgrade to a 1+1 bedroom villa with my own personal dip pool. It's quiet, private and super exclusive. And tip: when in Capella, if you're given the option of picking the spa package - ALWAYS pick the spa! It was yet another level of ultimatum for me. The facilities in the spa area was really cool. Amazing experience and it was worth it for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fizzycitrus
Thank you for the lovely review. I am so happy to know of the wonderful weekend you had with us here at Capella Singapore. The villas with the private plunge pool are indeed a favourite of many of our guests as is the treatments at the award-winning Auriga spa.

It is such a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy much of these luxurious facilities and I hope you will be back to stay with us soon.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed in a garden villa with plunge pool for 4 nights. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The grounds were nice, so too were the pools on the property. We stayed with our 4 year old son and it was nice to see that they had a small robe and slippers for him.

On the first night our room service arrived with small cutlery for our son, which was a nice touch. Our order was prompt and complete. We used room service every night as by the end of the day our son was too tired to venture out for dinner. Unfortunately the first night was the only night they got our order totally correct. It seems the person taking the orders on subsequent nights had a bit of trouble with English.

There was a pillow menu, which was great and it also included junior pillows for my son. So that was a nice touch.

We went to the buffet breakfast one morning. The selection and quality of food was excellent. The only problem was the hot breakfast. I ordered my eggs with the cook and while I went to get other items, he kept giving my order to people who came after me in line. There seemed to be plenty of staff around, so I don't know why they just didn't take orders from you at the table. I was expecting better service from a property of this caliber.

The cost of this accommodation is certainly up there, but so are a lot of properties in Singapore. I went there expecting a 'resort' experience, but I didn't really feel that. I probably had the wrong expectations as I've been to a number of pacific island resorts and was hoping for something like that. It is in a great location in Sentosa, with easy access to the shuttle buses.

In general the staff were very friendly, although for many of them English was an issue if you carried on a conversation that was too complex. The senior staff all had good English.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alisononthego1
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore. I am very happy to know that the Garden Villa was much to your liking, as was the friendly service from the staff. It is also wonderful to know that you were able to enjoy the breakfast spread at The Knolls restaurant during your stay with us.

Your comments with regards to the few areas of service during your time at Capella Singapore are much appreciated. We will most certainly look into these incidents to identify how we can improve and ensure we provide all our guests a flawless experience. Please accept my sincere apologise for any inconveniences caused.

Nevertheless, I trust that you were able to enjoy a pleasant stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to Capella Singapore.

Beirut
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent Hotel.
Beautiful, Very quiet place.
Friendly Staff.
I stayed in the Villas section. Even though the service was quick and excellent.
Room-wise, it's spacious and fitted with modern amenities
Make sure to try the SPA

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
It is wonderful to know of how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Capella Singapore. The Villas are certainly an excellent choice accommodation, offering a luxurious and exclusive space for each guest. I am also pleased to know you were able to experience the award-winning Auriga spa during your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind review, I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Simply the best.
Booked the garden villa & I was blown away by the size/layout/design of the room. Bed is comfortable. The out door bathtub is secluded for a good soak.
The garden villa also comes with a small pool.... Simply beautiful n romantic.
Ordered the eggs benedict for breakfast and it is so delicious.
Thank you Capella for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mimidichi
I am thrilled to read about how much you enjoyed your stay at Capella Singapore, especially the Garden villas which are indeed a favourite among many guests because of the spacious designs and facilities like the private plunge pool and outdoor bath and shower features.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful and restful weekend with us. I hope that you will return to stay at Capella Singapore again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

From arrival to departure every moment of this stay was bliss. Friendly staff has one goal and mission and that is to make sure you are always happy. They have the ability to anticipate your needs before you ask. Property is well maintained and very beautiful.....seems so far from the city but it's a close subway ride away. Beach walk is a must...so much to see and do. Will be back for sure. Breakfast buffet is amazing, staff and manager earn 5 stars

Stayed March 2014
It is such a pleasure to read about the remarkable time you had during your stay with us. At Capella Singapore, our guests are placed at the centre of everything we do – this includes anticipating any needs they might encounter, to ensure that each guest has a unique and hassle free experience with us.

Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore on your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Set on top of a hill overlooking The China Sea this hotel is a sanctuary in such a busy city. Have normally stated either on Orchard Rd., or the bay area but were so pleased we chose Capella this visit. You could be anywhere, the gardens and pathways intermingle between the various types of accommodation and pool areas eventually accessing the beach and light tram service. Great if you want to visit the attractions on Sentosa Island e.g., Aquarium, Universal Studios, casino etc., but tucked into a quiet part of the island with no crowds. Best hotel on Sentosa. The mini-bus system works so well and you can reach the attractions within minutes.
Being on the hill there are lovely breezes. Great architecture combining the original building and new accommodation wings. Bob's bar is set alfresco with lovely sea views, nice breezes and great choice of cocktails and light snack food.
Cassia restaurant offered outstanding cuisine and The Knolls was great for good food in a more casual setting. Great breakfast buffet roo.
Staff are very professional, warm and welcoming. Suite was huge with a wall of windows overlooking the gardens and down to the sea but extremely private.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ontheroadsince73
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience at Capella Singapore. I am delighted to know of how much you enjoyed your stay with us, from the resort’s iconic architecture and the luxuriously spacious rooms, to the delectable food in both The Knolls and Cassia, as well as Bob’s Bar.

Indeed Capella Singapore is a beautiful retreat surrounded by lush gardens but only minutes away from the city and all the other vibrant attractions on Sentosa Island. I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 21,342 reviews

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!