“What can I say:” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Melbourne, Australia
“What can I say:”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Capella is 6 star in all respects. We were up graded to a villa which was amazing.
Its a very quiet resort which offers a great relaxed atmosphere. Staff are incredible, they generally know you by name. They arranged a birthday for my daughter which was beautiful of them.
Just down the road are all the fun things. Resorts world, water adventure park, dolfins, walks and shopping. Its only a $10 ride back to the city also.

Capella is well worth a stay. By contrast we had a week at Capella and 5 days at Marina Bay Sands where you are cattle as opposed to royalty. TD

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Capella Singapore. It is wonderfully to know of the enjoyable time you had during your stay with us. At Capella Singapore, each of our guest is special and important to us, and we will do our utmost to create special unique experiences for each guest.

Your kind recommendation is very much appreciated and I hope you will be back to stay with us again.

Capella Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore,null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was recently invited to a wedding reception in this hotels stunning ballroom and give my love for hotels took it upon myself to stay the night so I could stumble into bed after much merriment and dancing. All I can say is this hotel is really stunning. It has a beautiful colonial building at it's heart contrasted by a dramatic, modern (don't wince at the word, it's done well) accommodation wing. It's a beautiful mix and the architecture of the curved hotel wing as well as it's setting up in the forested part of Sentosa Island allows for very peaceful and private rooms. The size and decor and amenities etc are all you would expect from such a luxury hotel but it is the aspect and the feeling of the rooms that really pleased me. It really feels like you are off at a 'best kept secret' type of place. The pools are another beautifyl and unusual point of this hotel, set on two levels, the lower one having a most dramatic view. Honestly I did not want to leave - a very chic choice. P.S. there is also a GREAT bar on the mid level.

Room Tip: There is a gorgeous champaign brunch on Sundays so I would advise booking a table if you are plannin...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure to read about your wonderful experience here in Capella Singapore. I am delighted to know of how much you enjoyed your stay with us, from the grandeur of the ballroom, to the hotel’s unique architecture and the luxury of our spacious rooms and hotel facilities.

Thank you for your lovely review and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had the opportunity to spend 1 night at the hotel recently and was really looking forward to it. I've been to the hotel countless time for both biz and leisure but never stayed in their rooms, until now.

I checked in very late on a Fri evening (out on Saturday noon) for my very short stay and was promptly checked in without any fuss. We were shown to our room, Premier Room 205. The staff even explained the workings of the room which was a nice touch.

LOCATION - This is not for someone who wants convenience and accessibility, because this hotel is neither. It is away from everything but then again, that's the thing about staycatIons isnt it? Anything other than a car or taxi would not be of much help getting you here. They do have shuttle services to Orchard and Vivo but get the concierge's help with the timings.

ROOM - My Premier room was huge and comes complete with a huge kind bed, a day bed enough to be a makeshift bed for 1pax, a huge bathroom complete with bathtub, double sinks, a separate toilet, and a walk in wardrobe. Most of the air conditioning, blinds, and lighting were controlled via ipad-ish panel by the bedside. Cool. Cleanliness not a problem but I think only 2 small bottles of water per room is rather insufficient but you can always call to ask for more. A nespresso machine will keep caffeine addicts happy and an ipod dock a convenient touch.

F&B - We had room service that night - they were decent but the mushroom soup at SGD18 was a disappointment - too salty and didnt taste homemade. Breakfast at the Knolls the next day was alright - nice choices of food but not a huge variety. You can also order waffles and pancakes ala carte.

SERVICE - Half of a staycation experience is service and Capella's staff are very well trained to handle guest request and issues I must say. That being said, my stay was not short of strange shortcomings:

1) Both mine and my family's room next door was flooded after heavy rain on Sat morning. We only found out after we came back from breakfast and stepped into wet grounds. Water had flooded the alfresco balcony area and seeped in from the gap under the door and made it way happily throughout the room. After a call and receiving apologies from guest relations, 3 housekeeping staff came in with stacks of towels and proceeded to dry the room manually. All was okay after about 30mins but I was surprised that a room which would have cost SGD700 was not safe from flooding?

2) One of our rooms had mosquitoes swarming around. The babies were attacked and we managed to kill one gigantic one only because it was suffering from possible concussion after feeding too much on one of the babies. For resorts like this, a little mosquito repellant wouldnt hurt!

3) One of the babies fell sick on Sat morning and unfortunately threw up all over the bed. We apologized of course and the housekeeping took care of the dirty laundry very quickly but we wonder if it was because of the room service food he ate. That was the last food he has before falling ill, and in fact is now still ill!

The hotel did acknowledge their shortcomings over the flooding issues upon our check out and promised to invite us back for lunch - but we have yet to hear from them.

But otherwise, the hotel is indeed quite a remarkable property, with good service to boot, a rarity in Singapore nowadays!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore with us. I am very happy to know that the facilities in the room and hotel, and especially the service provided by our staff were much to your liking.

Your feedback shared in this review is truly much appreciated. Please accept my sincere apologies on the inconveniences you and your family faced during your stay with us. I do assure you that this is certainly not the Capella standard and together with my management team, we will be looking into each of these incidents highlighted.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Capella Singapore.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Here on business, which is odd as I would not have chosen this as a biz hotel. Anyway, it's lovely, but everything is too cloying.

I have a big hatred of "sorry, that wine is sold out, sir". That happened 3 times tonight. Then, when I found one, they are "sorry, we don't have another one" after I ordered a second. Bottom line - if you're a 5 star hotel, get your wine stuff together.

And when there is no one else in the bar, get the drink there in less than 15 mins.

I could have had better in Boat Quay, to be honest. Sorry. Staff were very nice, though; not their fault the hotel hasn't got it together.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is disappointing to hear of your time at Bob’s Bar and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for what happened. I understand that our Executive Assistant Manager, Cedric Cauvelier, has personally spoken with you on this matter as well. Please rest assured that our Food & Beverage team are also working to ensure that our inventory is kept up to date as well.

Once again, I would like to apologise for your experience and I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Capella Singapore.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Capella Singapore shields you from the hustle and bustle that is Singapore whenever you feel like a reprieve. Such a relaxing haven with incredible surrounding: the peacock, hens and chicks roaming the ground; birds chirping in the morning when the mist is still nestled within the bay you're overlooking from your room; the hospitality and service which come with it.

Considering I was staying at Capella Singapore for work, it's amazing how at ease I felt regardless of work pressures. Best I've ever slept away from home.

Go. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. Indeed, Capella Singapore is the perfect haven to rest and recharge from the busyness of city life. I am glad that you had the opportunity to see our permanent residents, our peacocks. They bring much joy and laughter to our guests and are a visual reminder of just how much flora and fauna we have here on our 30-acres of paradise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel is obviously outstanding, but for me it was the service that stood out beyond the luxury of the place. Greeted by name by numerous staff, hand delivered notes, music and dimmed lights on when returning at night, little presents on the pillow, iced water by the bed etc.

It doesn't feel like Singapore at all, which given it is on Sentosa is no surprise, but the lush surrounds make it an ideal staycation hotel if you were fairly well heeled.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was truly enjoyable to be read about your stay with us, I am thrilled to know that the service offered to you by our staff was much to your liking. At Capella Singapore we believe in the little touches that make a difference in showing that each of our guest is important.

Thank you for your kind review and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband surprised me for out 10th wedding anniversary...we stayed for 3 nights..,we got an upgrade to a 1 bed villa with our own dip pool. The villa was very spacious and decorated beautifully. Outdoors we had our own private pool and day beds, very indulgent. From the spacious bathroom, we had an outdoor bathroom, with a bath and shower!!! We used the out door bathroom the whole time. Bob's Bar has a fantastic ambience, beautiful scenery and fabulous cocktails! The Knoll's for breakfast and dinner was also fabulous. Cassia - modern chinese was out of this world :))) The most indulgent part was the spa, we had the package "Honeymoon for Two" 4 hours of absolute bliss. The staff went out of there way to make our stay unforgettable and it certainly was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to be able to read all the lovely things you wrote about your recent stay with us, from the luxurious One Bedroom Villa and all its facilities, to the restaurants and bar, and especially your time at the award-winning Auriga spa.

It is a joy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed much of what the hotel had to offer and especially happy that our staff were great hosts to you during your stay with us. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 309 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,722 reviews

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!