Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,618 results
All reviewsbob's barpersonal assistantgarden villaknolls restaurantauriga spachef davidconstellation roompremier sea viewchinese restaurantplunge poolpremier roommain buildingcolonial buildingoutdoor showerthe south china seabose sound systemhigh tech
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Around a month ago, I have been invited by a good friend in Capella Hotel. Thats wasn't the first time as i went there for the brunch before but this dinner was a trully great event.
This Ferrari dinner was organised in Knolls, which i really like the cozy and peacefull atmosphere of the place.
We have been welcomed by Suzette, a very charming, kind and helpfull person which escorted us from the reception after the photo shooting to the restaurant.
As I am naturally curious, I was very happy that she answer all my questions and gave us a lot of recommendations.
Once we reach the restaurant, the dinner was really good, food was outstanding. I really loved the dessert!! And thanks to Arokia, the service was excellent....
This is a place where I will definitly come back as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time at The Knolls. Suzette and Arokia are true gems. I have shared this review with them and you have really made their day.

With stunning views of the South China Sea and our cascading swimming pools, The Knolls is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy a good Mediterranean meal. The team and The Knolls work hard to ensure all our guests enjoy excellence, preferential service. I am glad that you were able to enjoy that.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are a family of three -- two adults and a 21 month old toddler. We stayed for two nights in a one-bedroom villa, leaving the premises daily to drop our daughter off at her pre-school nursery so we could enjoy the hotel to ourselves. The hotel happily obliged with providing us with parking coupons so that we could exit the parking lot without charges.

The one-bedroom villa is much larger than in photos -- all of them do no justice to the size and sense of luxury to the villa. The plunge pool looks tiny in photos, but when I saw it in person, it really is large, about 4m by 4m. The water is also not cold as it gets warmed by the late morning sun. Really perfect for a dip, especially with a noisy toddler!

The bathroom and walk in closet is huge, as large as the bedroom, and leads to the outdoor shower and bath. Do note that between the indoor-bathroom/vanity area to the outdoor bath, there is a gap that people walking by outside CAN peer in, but only if they stood there and look. Unlikely to happen, but just take note of that!

Love the toiletries supplied - all Aesop - smelling refreshing and tropical of orange rinds, eucalyptus, etc.

Two large swivel tvs - one in bedroom and the other in the sitting room with a great lounge sofa. Stocked with Gryphon teas and Nespresso capsules and machine, bottled water, orange juice etc. The cot was set up for us, but do note that the cot mattress is not very thick. Probably not too comfy for the toddler/baby but our toddler was extra fussy as she was unfortunately ill at the time of our stay (nothing to do with hotel - she got the bug much earlier).

We really enjoyed the one-bedroom villa. The ceilings were high, it was very spacious, beautiful designed, andt hough the hotel is -- what, 5 years old? It doesn't really show at all.

However, the villa was quite a walk to the pool, so maybe if you have a fussy toddler that ONLY WANTS TO BE CARRIED BY MUMMY ALL THE TIME, you may want to ask for a villa closer to the pool.

Breakfast at The Knolls (buffet breakfast included in stay) was super. I understand some guests want those full buffet spread with dish after dish of different cuisines, but Capella clearly do not go for that, and instead hit the notes for quality. The pastries were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Danishes - strawberries or whatever fruit of the day, the soft round doughnuts, oh gosh they were incredibly well made, and fresh. I believe The Knolls is helmed by a French woman chef - she truly is talented (we came back for dinner another weekday and the food was also superb). Fresh juices, including coconut juice, or arugula blended with pineapple etc (not cheap carton juices but literally freshly squeezed juices). There was some selection of Japanese and Chinese food - like porridge, some dim sum, bit of sushi, and there were cheeses, crackers, some salad. And of course the usual breakfast stuff like museli, yoghurt, yakult (for the young ones). We could also order eggs benedict, or french toast, waffles or pancakes (one set for each breakfast dining guest). All well done.

Do note that it does get busier at about 10am - but with a toddler, heading there by 8am means we have the choice of tables. Really gorgeous, overlooking the tiered infinity pools and sea.

That brings me to the many pools at Capella. The bottom most lap pool is almost always deserted, and meant for adults only - great for lap swimming. The other two pools are beautiful, though the lower infinity pools seem very popular with wedding couples so both days we were there it was closed.

The Library (a floor above the reception/check in) offers tea and coffee, with some snacks (nuts? we didn't have any) with lovely indoor and outdoor seating. Great if we wanted to get out of the room and hang out somewhere different, though with the villa we didn't really use it much.

Service throughout was impeccable. It is not easy to have met so many staff and not one is at fault. All were polite, helpful, friendly. Great job to the manager and team for keeping up such standards and morale!

My second time at Auriga Spa -- and it definitely impressed the husband. The only problem with Auriga is that, I can NEVER go for cheaper spas ever again. The sense of space, with each treatment room facing greenery, and the pre-spa bath, steam room etc - all made for a relaxing time.

I also went for a run -- it's right at the beach if you head to the bottom of the grounds so that was convenient too.

Room service was also quick, efficient, and delicious. Generous portions. Do note that on Friday night it took a while for dinner to be sent to the room but they did warn it would take some time.

All in all, we enjoyed it tremendously. It is not inexpensive, but a treat, and it beats the hassle of (and cost) flying out of the country to neighbouring beach resorts!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

It was such a pleasure reading your in-depth review. Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you were able to experience Capella Singapore holistically – from our rooms, restaurants, pools to our spa. Indeed, the team and I work hard to ensure that all our guests' needs are met. I am delighted to hear that you and your family loved the One Bedroom Villa. As you have pointed out, the One Bedroom Villa, featuring the plunge pool, is perfect for young families as they offer ample space for children to play while the parents can relax in comfort.

Breakfast at The Knolls is a hit with many of our guests with our freshly squeezed juices, freshly prepared pancakes, waffles and pass-around local dishes. I hope your daughter had the opportunity to enjoy the pancakes especially as they are a favourite of many of our little guests! Our pastries are all hand-made in our own kitchens by our talented Pastry Chef Sam Chek Yong. Our new French Chef Julienne is also passionate about the culinary arts and has brought her own experience and expertise to The Knolls, refreshing its menu.

Auriga spa is a hidden sanctuary. Our wet facilities which include a herbal steam room, vitality pool and mist showers allow guests to de-stress even before their treatment begins. All our treatment rooms feature their own bamboo courtyard where guests can relax after a treatment with a hot cup of tea. It really is absolute bliss!

Thank you once again for sharing your review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Calling it 5 star is making it Tame. I think it's a 6 star service. You get buggy by a staff to your villa and it is a simply wonderful and relaxing staycation. We got upgraded to a two bed room villa and we had a mini pool in the villa itself.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at Capella Singapore. The team and I were delighted to have served you. All our staff are handpicked for our belief in service excellence and desire to go the distance when taking care of all our guests. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy this.

With 133 sqm, a separate living and bedroom, an oversized bathroom, outdoor patio and a plunge pool, our villas are very popular because they offer privacy and the luxury of space.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I booked two premier rooms (Garden view) over a weekend for a short family staycation and really had a wonderful and relaxing time.

Service: generally good. Aman from reservations, was especially helpful and polite. Special thanks also to John Png and Daniel for being attentive to our requests/needs.

Room: Apart from some minor inadequacies surrouding general wear and tear of the rooms/facilities, we absolutely love every aspect of the room; from the layout, to the garden/partial sea view seen through windows that spanned the broad length of the room and bathed the room with a sense of serenity and tranquility; spacious bath (shower and bathtub) and vanity segments in well laid out areas, Aesop amenities and free flow of in-room refreshments from the mini bar + Nespresso. Beds were very comfortable and sheets were well pressed and clean.

Guests also have access to the Library where drinks / coffee / a good selection of Gryphon tea and delectable cookies are available from morning till 10 or 11pm, with tea (cakes) at 3-5pm.
Breakfast at Knolls could however be improved, as the spread was pretty limited but service was good. We had lunch at Cassia Chinese Restaurant, where the food and service was excellent - Bryan Pong, Assistant Manager, was polite and very knowledgeable of the menu. Bob’s bar is another great place to chill and unwind.

If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, or just need a place to relax, this is the place to be – with its tranquil setting and lush greenery on its grounds. It is not a large property, so service was more prompt than many other properties I have stayed at.

My mum had just recovered from a major surgery and we wanted to celebrate her recovery but she was too weak to travel out or hang out much. This staycation in such a restful and calming environment was certainly the perfect getaway/celebration and truly made our stay here together as a family a memorable and in fact, stupendous one. We will definitely be coming back for more.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms facing the garden / sea (naturally!)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenWSingap0re
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your staycation and more importantly that your mother has recovered from major surgery.

Indeed, Capella Singapore is popular with local residents for short getaways because although it is just 10 minutes from the central business district, it feels like it is a world away.

I am glad that you found the service by Aman, John, Daniel and Bryan to be very helpful. I have shared your compliments with them and you have made their day. Here at Capella Singapore, we believe in offering discreet, professional and preferential service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed just that.

It is wonderful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the little touches in your room and The Library as well. Here at Capella Singapore, we put a lot of thought into our amenities, services and facilities as we want our guests to feel as though they are coming home.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We were delighted to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is nothing short of five star. Service is wonderful, staff are helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Rooms are beautiful. Definitely would come back. Highly recommend.The accommodation was first class. Rooms were spacious, well-equipped and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chen H
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Capella Singapore. Located on 30-acres of lush green landscape with sweeping views of the South China Sea, Capella Singapore is really a world unto its own. The team and I work hard to ensure our service is on par with our magnificent surroundings.

Thank you for rating us favourably here on Tripadvisor and sharing your feedback. We are truly encouraged and will continue to work hard to offer excellent unparalleled service.