“Excellent excellent service and surroundings”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in this hotel during a company sponsored meeting. I was lucky enough to be housed in one of the Garden Villas. It was absolutely wonderful. It had an outdoor dipping pool -- which temperature was always nice and warm. Also had an outdoor bath and garden shower. Everything worked superbly in the villa, and the toiletries that were provided were very good and smelt delicious.

See photos.

Food was OK, and the staff in the restaurant however, did have a little problem when I asked for half boiled eggs. I think she heard hard boiled eggs. But that was only a minor problem.

Amazingly green surroundings and the excellent facilities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Megamendong
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your complimentary feedback here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our One Bedroom Villa during your recent company meeting.

Indeed one of my favourite aspects of the One Bedroom Villa is the private plunge pool, allowing guests to unwind and relax in complete privacy. It is especially important after a busy day of meetings!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our soap, skincare and bath products. All the toiletries are from leading luxury skincare company, Aesop. Capella Singapore is proud to be the only hotel in Singapore which offers Aesop skincare.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast at The Knolls. With a wide range of breakfast offerings, breakfast is really a treat! I do apologise for the miscommunication you experienced and hope you were able to get the half-boiled eggs you wanted.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Capella Singapore

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked a Romance A La Carte package to surprise my wife and to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary. What sets Capella apart from rest of the hotels is the Personal Assistant service that creates very personalized experience. The PAs go to great lengths to ensure all my needs to plan a great stay is met even before our actual arrival. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and were ushered to the Library to enjoy the complimentary afternoon tea while we wait for the rooms to be prepared. We were chauffeured everywhere on hotel grounds by electric buggies. Every staff we met, smile and chatted with us and asked if we have enjoyed the stay thus far. I chose to stay in the one bedroom garden villa since we wanted to be surrounded with nature which was well furnished with modern amenities and well designed. Plenty of privacy to share intimate moments. I signed up for the Spa to pamper ourselves at the renowned Auriga Spa. Staff were attentive and very professional. We had a great time enjoying the Spa facilities even before the actual treatment started to relax ourselves and get in the mood. I had the Golfer's Massage that I enjoyed for the deep tissue rubdown. The PA booked the Romantic dinner at the Knolls. While we enjoyed dinner, the PA had arranged the room for the romantic turn down. When we returned to our villa, she had another surprise and was swooned by the romantic setting. We truly had a really wonderful time and memorable stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary! The team and I are absolutely delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion here with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in a One Bedroom Villa. Offering the luxury of space and tranquility, the One Bedroom Villas are indeed perfect for romantic getaways such as yours. The One Bedroom Villas, with its separate living and bedroom, oversized bathroom and walk-in wardrobe, outdoor patio, plunge pool as well as outdoor shower and bathtub allow guests to feel close to nature without losing the comfort of modern conveniences.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our Personal Assistant service. Indeed, Capella Singapore is the only hotel in the world that offers the Personal Assistant service and I am happy that you were able to enjoy it. Trained in the fine art of professional and personalised service, our PAs assist all our guests with their needs and requirements, be it planning a romantic turndown to booking a table at a busy restaurant.

Award-winning Auriga spa is truly an oasis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing massage at Auriga spa. I love how all our treatment rooms open to their own personal courtyard, allowing guests the luxury of being able to unwind in complete peace and privacy.

Once again, congratulations on your anniversary. We hope that Capella Singapore will become your choice destination for all your future anniversaries – helping you create lasting and enduring memories.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our 2 yo in may, and our every expectation was met. The main building, pools, and our room (garden villa) were absolutely stunning, the food was fantastic and breakfast one of the best I have ever had. What truly made the Capella stand our though was its personalised service - the staff were all extremely helpful and professional, and absolutely nothing was too much trouble. From the "Good morning Archie" on our breakfast pancakes to the flowers around our private plunge pool, the Capella lived up to it's reputation. Expensive but a fantastic experience.

Stayed: May 2014
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am absolutely delighted to hear that Capella Singapore lived up to your expectations. The team and I are proud of our hotel and work hard to ensure all our guests enjoy the very best that the hotel has to offer.

I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. The freshly made pancakes are a favourite among many of our guests as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Wow this place is amazing. We came for a couple of days for our honeymoon. We were spoilt with complimentary wine, cake, champers and a lovely afternoon tea. Even the mini bar stocked with juices, soft drinks and water is complimentary

Every single staff member was lovely, friendly and attentive. Non of it was fake, very genuine. They love coming and chatting with you.

We stayed in a garden villa which had a lovely plunge pool and the room was massive with double sinks, a lounge room and awesome bedroom.

Food was sensational and the sentosa sling was lovely. Food was better priced for room service than what we payed at the shangri la.

I honestly couldn't fault the Capella, it's staff or it's facilities!! Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: August 2014
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful review for us! Congratulations on your marriage, I wish both of you a happy and blessed marriage! I am glad that you chose Capella Singapore for your honeymoon. Located on 30-acres of lush gardens, with views of the South China Sea, we are truly a romantic escape.

The One Bedroom Villas are the perfect Honeymoon escape. Nestled within our sprawling grounds, they offer the luxury of space with a separate living and bedroom, outdoor patio and plunge pool and an oversized bathroom. I am glad you were able to enjoy the plunge pool – it is a great way to relax without having to leave your room!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the food here at Capella Singapore. Helmed by Executive Chef David Senia who comes with more than 20 years of experience cooking in some of the finest establishments in Europe and Asia, our food are all finely calibrated to satisfy even discerning palates!

Congratulations again on your marriage. We wish you the very best and we do hope to welcome you back to Capella Singapore very soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for business trip and I arrived there around 11 AM which usually we still can't do the check in but they allowed us to checked in so we can refresh a bit before our event started.

The room was spacious, light and curtain was all operated by an ipad, they also provide good sound system with instruments music. Wifi was free everywhere with good signal.

Bathroom was spacious and you can see the scenery in front of your room while take your time in the bath up.

They also provide nespresso machine, free flow minibar, and also a little souvenir for you to bring home.

The service was very nice and all the staffs are helpfull.

If you feel bored to stay in the hotel for whole day, they also provided shuttle to vivo city every 1 hour.

If you stop by to The Knoll's for tea time, you can consider to order their coconut ice cream and fried banana. The ice cream was super nice and freshly made.

Over all, I enjoy my stay there and too bad I only stay there for one day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time here at Capella Singapore. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed, as you have shared, overlooking the stunning South China Sea or our rich verdant gardens, our guest rooms offer ample space and the perfect scenery to unwind and relax after a busy day at work. I am also happy to read that you were able to enjoy an early check-in, we always try our very best to offer early check-ins if there is availability.

The staff here are all proud to be working here in Capella Singapore and believe in the fine art of service excellence. I am so glad that you found our staff helpful!

The coconut ice-cream and fried banana fritters are part of Bob's Bar's new Cuban-inspired menu, which is also available at The Knolls. I am delighted that you were able to try the delicious dish out.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was just as memorable. The rooms are beautiful, we had a garden villa with a plunge pool. The staff really make the hotel a pleasure to stay at, they make you feel very welcome. The buffet breakfast is a must, the selection of delicious is food is fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here at Capella Singapore. I am even happier to read that the staff made you feel welcome. The team and I are dedicated service professionals and are committed to anticipating and meeting all our guests' needs.

The One Bedroom Garden Villas are one of my favourite rooms as they offer more than 133-sqm of space including an outdoor patio and plunge pool. They allow guests the luxury of space and privacy.

I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed breakfast at The Knolls. Breakfast at The Knolls is absolutely wonderful with a wide range of Western and Asian dishes, freshly squeezed juices and our famous pancakes. I hope you had the opportunity to try them!

Thank you for leaving this comment on Tripadvisor, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We are now staying in Capella for our summer vacation. So far, it turns out to be the best choice that we can make in Singapore. Room is spacious and clean. It is conveniently located in Sentosa with Resort World and Universal Studio within walking distance. Moreover, staffs are very friendly and they are ready to help us in every occasions.

We will consider Capella for our next visit to Singapore for sure

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 413jil

Thank you for taking the time off from your holiday here at Capella Singapore to write this review for us. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your time here at Capella Singapore.

Located on 30-acres of sprawling green landscape, Capella Singapore is truly an oasis from the busy city. Our guest rooms are one of the largest in the city and offen ample space to unwind and relax. I hope you had fun during at Universal Studios, I always have so much fun when I am there.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and always ready to serve.

We are committed to understanding our guests and anticipating your needs.
We do hope that you come back to visit us soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#38 of 316 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!