“Great location in Sentosa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™

Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Gold Coast Australia
“Great location in Sentosa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights in Hotel Michael in February with my husband. I found the room to be comfortable 4 star standard with twin Simmons beds. However when we checked in the hotel, we had to wait about 1 hour as we wanted a non-smoking room.
The room was clean and came with kettle, iron and ironing board, bar fridge, safe. At first the bar fridge was not working but I requested a change and it was done the next day.
A helpful tip - note that even numbered floors are non-smoking while old numbered floors are smoking. Mine was Level 6. Also request for room away from the lift if you need a quiet room.
I found Corrinne, the front desk staff and Jeevan the bellhop to be very helpful. Corrinne extended my room stay till 1pm. Jeeven helped me to reconfirm my outgoing flight and print my boarding pass.
Hotel Michael is conveniently located near the Imbiah monorail station. Ask for your free monorail pass during your stay there. Will stay there again the next time.

Room Tip: Even number floors are non-smoking and odd number floors are smoking. Request room away from the li...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Michael D, Director of Rooms at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Michael located in Resorts World Sentosa on your recent visit.

It is heartening to know both Corinne and Jeevan have again earned the recognition for the services they have rendered. Your kind words of praise are truly appreciated. In Hotel Michael, all guests are important to us and we seek to do our utmost to ensure that we create a pleasant, welcoming and hassle free experience for each guest.

We look forward to welcoming you and your spouse back on your next visit.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
penang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit USS & SEAquarium. First of all they were no external signboards for the hotel and this confused the cab driver, making 2 rounds looking for it. We dropped off at Crock ford Towers and walked to the adjoining Hotel Michael.

We were greeted well by the crew, allowed early check in and upgraded us to the suite. Thank you....:)

The room was spacious, clean, very cozy and just love the bathroom. Bed and pillow were just the way I wanted, soft and cuddly.

However, the room was not cleaned up properly the next day. It appears as though they came and left in hurry.

Location is excellent just next to other facilities in RWS. The ambience was quiet and couldn't really hear any noise from the events ongoing downstairs.

Overall a good stay and pleasant experience.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank drnara
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent visit and the kind reviews you have given to Hotel Michael at Resorts World Sentosa.

It is disappointing to learn that the room cleaning on the second day of your visit was not carried out to the strict quality guidelines we have set in place. We have since reiterated to our team members to always be thorough in the processes. Please accept our sincere apology for this occurrence.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stay 1 night before flight back to Sabah, Malaysia. In earlier still consider the other 2 hotels (hotel festive and Hard Rock Hotel) , From the previous reviews found this room is suitable for non-family stay. Me and my wife very satisfied to the condition and it's near to USS, thanks for the Front Desk gentleman allow us to check in earlier.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lam I
Hotel Michael D, Director of Rooms at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Michael on your recent visit and the kind review you have given to us.

It's wonderful to know that you have had a pleasant arrival experience and your stay with your spouse in our hotel was more than satisfactory.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Michael at Resorts World Sentosa.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Love the warm and cosy feel and room comes with a pull-out desk ( Can be use as eating area also ) and ample storage space for personal effects.
Bed and pillows was very comfortable. Also baby cot was requested for my 1year old gal.

Bathroom was also a pleasing sight to enter, flower-motif mosaic wall was a wonderful art along with the classic black & white marble flooring.

Only disappointing thing is on the swimming pool area which had no clean towels on both days I went. ( 1st day(19Feb) had no towels when I went around 4pm and 2nd day(20Feb) around 11am ). The whole rack was empty which is not a standard for a hotel in RWS? There was no staff on duty in pool/gym area whom could get more clean towels which in the end I had to go up to my room and get the room towels to use in the pool area. This is one area the hotel management should look into.

I would like to comment the housekeeping crew on 8th floor are very polite towards guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NgGregory
Dear Guest

Thank you for the time taken to review Hotel Michael at Resorts World Sentosa.

We are sorry to learn that clean towels were not available at the swimming pool area during your visits. We would like to assure you that this is certainly not the standard at all and we have since taken corrective measures to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and hassle free experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the disappointing experience.

Your kind words of praise to our housekeeping crew on the 8th floor are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I check-in was slightly early but only can get room after 2pm. It was fine however the staff could take a little effort to find available room that may not match my preference.
Room was nice & spacious. I had room facing the USS so I can hear the noise and sound. If you just want to relax in the day time, ask for room not facing USS. My room was also not clean properly. There was trash on the pull out table.

Had room service, the quality was OK, nothing fantastic. I could get better at the cafe nearby. The menu was very limited.

The hotel services just average. The staffs seems preoccupied. I did not get any welcome greetings and fond farewell. I even come across staffs at the lobby, hallway and in the lift, none would greet you and look at you.

Room Tip: Request for room ending with odd number, the view is better. Room facing USS is noisy especially if...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LEO_SG
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

At Hotel Michael, we pride ourselves into providing each and every guest a wonderful experience each time they stay with us and it is with much regret knowing that the services you had faced was average.

We have since taken remedial actions to ensure that we adhere to the strict quality and service guidelines set in place to avoid recurrence. Please accept our sincere apology for the experience you had.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel from 13 to 16 January for a short staycation. We booked it at a discount rate for RWS Invites member, at S$195++/night, which include breakfast. Internet connection not included.

We drove to the hotel, and the main entrance is confusing! The small little entrance appear to be entrance for Crockfords Tower, we almost miss it!

Check-in process was borderline satisfactory. Check-in staff (obviously from Mainland China) demands my passport in Mandarin, in a very unceremonious way! For a moment I though I was check-in to a budget 3-stars hotel! I am bi-lingual, so that’s not a problem for me. She got a little friendlier (though still sloppy) when I told her I’m from Singapore. We were given 2 Sentosa Exporess passes (valid for 3 days) for commute to VivoCity. We were told that our room is only ready after 2 pm. We left 2 piece of luggage with the porter.

We return at 2.45 pm to collect our room keys, and check into our room (No. 846). Elevators are a little far from lobby. There was also some renovation work going on along the way, which narrows the corridor. Traffic was a little busy, not a pleasant walk.

Our room has a direct view of the backlog of Universal Studio Singapore. No noise came from the park though. We could also see Sentosa Express passing right below us. Good size room with 2 Queen size bed (4 pillows provided). We asked for 2 more pillows but were told that only 1 could be provided, as hotel is full! There is no central console for lighting control. Room is nice and cool!

Our luggage took 45 minutes to arrive (after we called the front desk), There must be some communication problem between the front desk and concierge. I did pass our luggage tag to the front desk and reminded her about our luggage. Porter is a friendly guy. We talk to him before we get to our room (though we didn’t tell him about our bags).

In-room TV is a 42-inch Panasonic plasma TV. Singtel MioTV is the provider of their Cable TV service. My name was display on-screen but the TV service didn’t work properly, despite calling in the technician. Their remote controls all look so worn, even the numbers are disappear!

On this subject, we must thank our lady housekeeper from Mainland China! Her sincerity, patience and perseverance are outstanding! She brought in 3 TV remote controls and let us picked the one which work best. Too bad, we forget to ask her name! Our room was well taken care of by her throughout our stay. GOOD JOB!

Included breakfast buffet is served at PALIO, an Italian restaurant by night but serve breakfast by day for guests of Hotel Michael. Varieties are quite good, with above average quality. It served the purpose.

There are other restaurants with the hotel complex. Tunglok Heen, a Chinese fusion restaurant by Celebrity Chef Susur Lee, and 2 Joel Robuchon restaurants – Joel Robuchon Restaurant and L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon. All good restaurants.

Gym and swimming pool are at 5th floor. Gym equipments, like most hotel gym, are limited to a few dumbbells, track mills and cycling machine. The swimming pool is good enough for a bit of lap swimming. Sun tan probably only permit during the mid day and early afternoon, as sun could be partially block by the building itself and the canopy above RWS.

Pros:
- Good location. Short walk to Universal Studio Singapore, The Forum, S.E.A. Aquarium, Sentosa Gateway and Sentosa Express (free 3-day pass provided).
- Free parking. Do ask for exit coupon from the concierge.
- Good size room with 2 Queen size beds. Lot of drawers in room, good for people who like to unpack their stuff! Sufficient power points. Rainforest shower in toilet. NO SEE-THROUGH WINDOW FROM ROOM TO TOILET!
- Nice firm mattress! 2 pillows also firm enough for me (most hotel pillow is a little to soft). I slept well!

Cons:
- Unlike other hotels at RWS, where parking is right below respective hotel, guests of Hotel Michael have to park at the Main car park, which is a long walk to the hotel. Free valet service is provided though.
- No vanity mirror in toilet, inconvenient for shaving or putting on contact lenses. Toilet paper holder is place along side with the toilet plush, difficult for one to reach while sitting on the toilet bowl. No bath tub, if that matter to you!
- No free Internet connection, which I thought should be provided nowadays!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Allan F
Hotel Michael D, Front Office Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Allan F,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and regret to learnt that we we unable to meet your expectations.

We apologize for the negative experiences you have encountered during your check in and also the waiting time for your baggage to be delivered up to your room. I would like you know that this is certainily not the standard of service our team strived to achieve.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Jonathan Lee
Assistant Front Manager
Hotel Michael
Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

To me most important thing is the wifi when staying in hotel but there is no free access of wifi here and u have to pay for it which is quite costly for this turns me off.. Hotel room is clean and bed is comfortable.. As this room is paid by someone else can't complain much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CJX83
Hotel Michael D, Front Office Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael™, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear JX83,

Greetings from Sunny Island Sentosa. Thank you very much for choosing Resorts World Sentosa-Hotel Michael as your choice accommodation.

We appreciate all feedback. Your comment about our Wi-Fi agreement is most valid and we are currently reviewing this further.

We looked forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,