Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
US$692
US$631
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$219
W Singapore Sentosa Cove(Sentosa Island)
US$348
US$316
WHotels.com
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
US$381
US$307
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$190
Capella Singapore(Sentosa Island)
US$1,563
Orbitz.com
US$200
  • Pool
Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$190
  • Restaurant
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$250
getaroom.com
US$238
TripAdvisor
2,226 results
All reviewspull out beduniversal studiosstay at hard rocksand poolsea aquariumhard rock cafeman made beachswim up bargreat pooldeluxe roomvivo citysentosa expressresorts world sentosaother attractionshotel pooltheme parkyoung kids
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My daughter has wanted to stay in a Hard Rock hotel for some time so I decided to splash out a bit on our visit to Singapore. The staff at the check in desk were helpful and pleasant but this hotel really is is need of updating. It looks scruffy inside and when we got out of the elevator upstairs the hallways were very dark and dingy. The room was clean but the furniture in the room was scuffed and scratched. Our shower did not drain properly and left about 2 inches of water every time we used it. Ok this is supposed to be rock style - but as a five star hotel rating this really needs some TLC in my opinion. On a positive note the hotel is in a good location with easy access to everything on Sentosa and Singapore itself. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that's overlooking the pool as the other side of the hotel is not a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Check-in was reflected as 3pm on my online booking. My wife and I were early and was at the hotel at 1.50pm, as such we were informed that we would be contacted by phone once our room was ready i.e at 3pm.

At 3.20pm we went back to the front desk and were disappointed to learn from the Duty Manager that check in was actually ANYTIME AFTER 3pm! I didn't buy her story as I had overheard her telling the couple in front of me( who were also checking in) that their room wasn't available yet due to housekeeping cleaning it.

We were nonetheless given our keys at 3.25pm and proceeded to our room. There we found the entrance way light blown as was one of the lights in the bathroom. The left side TV speaker was not working and the right side sounded very muffled due to the high bass which we had no control over. They had a space on the long desk with but there was no chair in the room! We called the front desk and a chair was brought to our room nonchalantly.

For breakfast, as it was a week end stay, it was obvious that the restaurant could not handle a full hotel capacity. We queued 15 mins to get to the person allocating tables only to find out that he was verifying the guest names on the register..after that we were asked to join another long queue to wait for a table!

The only saving grace was the lovely sand sculpted "beach" pool which was an instant attraction for families with kids and all alike.

I am disappointed with the service staff with their indifferent attitude which they try to hide with a fake smile. My wife and I came to the hotel to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary. Our online booking which reflected this, was met with a " I'm sorry I don't see this info in my system" That's where it ended too with them.

There is no queueing system in the lobby reception area. I felt they should have put up stanchions in all fairness. People were frustrated trying to find a "fast queue".

I wrote a comment form to the management but I suppose it's a futile attempt since I have yet to receive any acknowledgment from them.

Some folks may have had a better experience than us and I'm happy for them. But this is to also inform others that not all of us did. Naturally I'd warn friends with intent to stay here about our disappointing experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ravenk68
Reviewed 29 June 2011

In Singapore you stay in one of two locations. These are Sentosa Island which is full of resorts ,is Disney style touristy and is very modern or you stay in Singapore "city" which has more mystic Asian charm. The Hard Rock is in a great location on Sentosa and is in easy walking distance to most of the attractions on Sentosa. Taxis are fairly cheap in Singapore and it doesn't cost much to cross over to Singapore itself.
The Hard Rock seems to attract mainly Asian families seeking fun in the sun. The place is modern and new but somehow seems to lack much charm or warmth.
The bar prices were very high at $11 plus 17% charges for a 330ml beer which explains why the bar was never very busy when we where there. The room prices were up over $500 on one night when the place was in high demand and still averaged an expensive $350 a night for the week we were there. Rooms are standard size and fitout and I didn't appreciate being price gouged although this is common the world over.
Overall if you like the resorts and are not interested in the old world charm of Singapore City then the Hard Rock is good but choose your timing and check prices for good deals.
Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Research your prices in advance
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. The location, and facilities are excellent. Although individual employees are very friendly and try to please, there is not the type of "we anticipate your needs" service that you normally get from a 5 Star hotel. For example:

- When you are seated for breakfast you are not asked if you want coffee or tea. Rarely do the servers come by with either beverage. Twice, I had to go back to the hostess and ask for a hot beverage.
- There is a taxi line out front, but no one uses it. Taxi's need to be called, and if there is not a bellman nearby you could wait for a while (in the heat) waiting for someone to ask you if you would like a taxi.
- I had a room overlooking the beautiful pool area. During the day they play rock music, which is understandable. On several evenings they did not turn off the music. One evening I called the front desk, and asked them to turn off the pool music at 1:00AM. The desk attendent assured me that the music was turned off at 8:00pm. I had to have her put me on hold to go out and check for herself.
- The hallways are under-airconditioned and tend to have a musty smell.
- The airconditioning in your room turns off when you take your room key with you. When you return the room will be hot, and all your belongings will feel damp with the humidity.

The Hard Rock is a nice property with good facilities. But they need to work out some of thier operational problems to justify the prices that they charge.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This Hotel is situated at Sentosa in Singapore. We took a deal that came along with day passes to the Universal Studio. There were four of us - my wife and two kids (boys aged 17 and 12). They had this large double room with two queen sized twin beds. The room had large posters of Jimi Hendrix over the beds. The room included an I Pod player and a 32" LCD TV. The bathrooms and wardrobe were fabulous. The place looked every bit like the five star property it is meant to be.

The service was excellent with a typical greeting - how can i rock you today. Every thing about the decor was typical of the Hard Rock chain. Even if you haven't experienced it before you would know what to expect. The deal included a great breakfast the next morning. This was a great experience and the boys loved it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the deals which include Universal Studio
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family