“STAY AWAY!”

Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was in Singapore for the FHT Expo so I was there almost the entire day. So to make this review even cleared, here I made some points:
1. I checked in at 4.00pm & booked the twin beds room but they said the room wasn't ready and I have got to wait for another hour unless I took a king size bed room. I was travelling with my colleague and we decided to take that room because we didn't want to wait any longer after our long day at the Expo. So they've missed my preference and put me in the king size bed room.
2.Once I entered the room, one thing I noticed that there is no balcony, just window facing the pool, but the hell, at that point I just get some rest. Guess what?! The AC didn't work!! I had to call the housekeeping but no one answers my call, so I called Front Desk, they sent someone to my room after waiting almost half an hour. (Imagine, I was sweating like a pig, very tired, and there was not enough air in my room). The guy told me he needs to call the Engineer, I was like WHAT?! I thought you were the engineer, in fact I had to wait for another 15 minutes. I didn't have the patience so I call the Front Desk and asked for another room. They moved me to another room, this time with twin beds.
3. A few minutes I entered that room, there was this BLACK OUT! once again, I had no AC in the room because everything's just gone! This time no ELECTRICITY! Can you imagine, so again I called the Front Desk and they were going to send an Engineer
4. Here comes the engineer, his name is AHMAN or something like that. He was the most rude hotel staff I've encountered. He entered my room without saying greetings, he opened the cabinet, harshly removed the iron board until it felt, fixed the panel, and just left the room without saying any words nor bother to explain WTH happened to the room. I didn't feel this kind of treatment was proper from a staff of they-said-so a five star establishment.
5. The corridor smells like musty. They used large bottle (like hostel's one) for amenities - shouting no luxury at all. Entrance was confusing. This hotels obviously is somewhat at crisis. They have not enough staff to clean the room and have it ready at check in time; the morale staff is very low, reflected on their attitude. They just gave you 4 towels per room, (2 big and 2 face towels).Overall, I dont think this hotel is money worth-spending. I have stay edin Sentosa several times, I would rather be spending more money and stayed at W or Moevenpick rather than having these kind of issues. However, I would give a praise to SUMIN - the front desk staff. She was attentive to listening to the issues and quickly solved it. She gave me a late check out and complimentary breakfast to make up my stay. However that doesn't buy me my loyalty to your hotel nor hotel chain anymore anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent S
HRHSingapore, VIBE Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear vinnycrzy

Thank you for taking time to provide a review on your recent stay.

We sincerely apologize that we did not provide the accommodations nor comfort level that met your expectations.

I have sent you a private message to find out more details about your stay as we would like to investigate further.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to be given another chance to welcome you back to Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Singapore

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I visited for ten days with my six year old son. The best features were the pool, close proximity to the restaurants in the Forum (literally outside the hotel) which meant that eating was cheap as we weren't tied to the hotel (note 24h McDonalds). Universal Studios and the Aquarium are also outside the hotel (literally) so no taxis blah blah. The staff were also extremely friendly and helpful.
Low points were the limited room-service menu, very expensive hotel laundry rates (in fact it was cheaper to buy new clothes from the mall which is just a 5 min ride on the monorail) and the bar completely lacked atmosphere. No bath tub in the room was a pain. There was only a shower cubicle.

Room Tip: If you have young kids, request a room near the elevator. The corridors are very long.
1  Thank shahsanj

Dear shahsanj

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this rave review on your recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and we like to consider ourselves a go-to destination for the whole family with plenty to offer both children and adults.

We have shared your kind comments with our staff and all of us look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hard Rock Hotel Singapore for an authentic experience that Rocks!

Love All – Serve All

Reviewed 12 April 2014

When we first arrived we were astonished by the friendliness of the staff. They helped us with lots of luggage since I bring my 2 yo daughter with me and our luggage is way too much. I loved the room and the view to the pool. My daughter really loved the pools, she loves the white sandy beach and I was wondering what was that they used to make that fake beach sand. There's also a kid's club where you can put your kids while you go out for a while, I thought it was free but the charge was ok, $12 per hour and my daughter was occupied and keep asking to go back to the kids club.
the location is also very convenience, very close to universal studio and the sea aquarium and the Merlion and lots of nice restaurants around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Utary D

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on your recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.

- Love All – Serve All –

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I can't imagine that it is a 5 stars hotel. I wish my wife and my kid can have a great time in singapore, but we feeling very disappointed.
First of all, i can't find where is the hotel lobby easily when i arrive Sentosa(signage not clear). I carrying 2 large luggages and my wife take care my 2 years old girl, we are very tired already when we arrived the lobby. it was after rainning, and i saw the outdoor cover is dropping water like waterfall so we need to walk on a wet floor. They told me their room is quite full so cannot give me a smoking room with king bed, and asked to give me a room with two beds combaine(no way). So they gave me a non-smoking area with king bed finally after we speaked a long long time. This hotel no harder pillows, no free wifi(seems its still in 90s).And my kid is no need to pay for they sentosa express but they gave me 3 free 3 days tickets for sentosa express(who i should give out the extra one?) and the room is smelly, seems no people lives here long time. the shampoo is sucks like water. breakfast food is cold.(may be some people like cold food). But their pool and bed also good. Any thing else? i still discovering.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank wongm562
HRHSingapore, VIBE Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear wongm562

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.

We have shared your concerns with our Management team, and can assure you we will continue to look at elevating the aesthetics, maintenance and cleanliness of our property.

We will be in touch with you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Not the best hotel to stay in , very loud kids running up and down the hall way , got placed in a smoking room on our second stay there , got out of it but was hard didnt really care , breakfast was cold and bad !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
HRHSingapore, VIBE Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Robert W

We apologize for the less than satisfying experience during your recent stay with us.

We have taken note of your other constructive feedbacks, and can assure you that further discussions will be held with the Management team.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great location ,The Best Pool,Rooms are bigger than Festive Hotel next door,house keeping was not as good as Festive (huge cochroach in corridor for 2 days and nights,room was not made up on second day.But would stay there again.The children luv the pool.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms than Festive Hotel next door.Corner rooms at the end of corridor look bigger

Dear greg m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.

We sincerely apologize on the issue you had faced with Housekeeping. We have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeepeer.

We hope to welcoming you back soon to Hard Rock Hotel Singapore for an authentic experience that Rocks!

- Love All – Serve All –

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, 7th-9th April 2014. Check-in was quick an easy, although we'd arrived early at 10:30am and naturally the room wasn't ready. They already say rooms aren't ready until 3pm, but they we got ours by 1pm. The room itself was spacious, modern and clean. We had a king size bed with a pull-out single bed underneath for our 5 year old son. The room faced the Singapore docks. Rooms on the opposite side of the hotel face the pool area and have a balcony. Still, it was fine for us. All the staff seemed friendly. The breakfasts are what you'd expect. Buffet style of Western and Asian cuisine and very typical of most hotels these days.

On a less-than-positive note:-

The mini-bar fridge was empty on arrival. We didn't bother informing front-desk about this since we'd never use it anyway (too expensive!), however it was interesting when checking out to be asked "Did you have anything from the mini-bar?". "Erm, no. It was empty on arrival". "Oh, sorry about that."

There was no blanket/duvet for the pull-out bed. When we called housekeeping, they said it was in the wardrobe. We'd already looked and it wasn't. "Oh, sorry about that, we'll have one brought to your room". When it arrived it had torn holes in it!!!

Asking for an additional bath towel and a further blanket seemed to be too much effort for housekeeping. They did it, but we felt they did it begrudgingly.

The pools are great - but the service when ordering drinks/food around the pool is sloooooow.

Bear in mind these are minor points. The overall stay was pretty good and the hotel is a short walk from the shops, restaurants and attractions i.e. Universal Studios and Adventure Cove Waterpark.

We would probably stay here again. All-in-all not a bad place to stay.

1  Thank BubbleDouble

Dear BubbleDouble

We apologize for the Housekeeping and Food and Beverage concerns you experienced during your stay. Your feedback will be used as a reference when conducting re-training in our Housekeeping Department, and we will openly share this feedback with all of the respective teams as we want to let our team members know what our guests are truly experiencing.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the swimming pool and it sounds like we did a job well done on the design!

Thank you once again, and all of us look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hard Rock Hotel Singapore.

- All is One -