I was in Singapore for the FHT Expo so I was there almost the entire day. So to make this review even cleared, here I made some points:
1. I checked in at 4.00pm & booked the twin beds room but they said the room wasn't ready and I have got to wait for another hour unless I took a king size bed room. I was travelling with my colleague and we decided to take that room because we didn't want to wait any longer after our long day at the Expo. So they've missed my preference and put me in the king size bed room.
2.Once I entered the room, one thing I noticed that there is no balcony, just window facing the pool, but the hell, at that point I just get some rest. Guess what?! The AC didn't work!! I had to call the housekeeping but no one answers my call, so I called Front Desk, they sent someone to my room after waiting almost half an hour. (Imagine, I was sweating like a pig, very tired, and there was not enough air in my room). The guy told me he needs to call the Engineer, I was like WHAT?! I thought you were the engineer, in fact I had to wait for another 15 minutes. I didn't have the patience so I call the Front Desk and asked for another room. They moved me to another room, this time with twin beds.
3. A few minutes I entered that room, there was this BLACK OUT! once again, I had no AC in the room because everything's just gone! This time no ELECTRICITY! Can you imagine, so again I called the Front Desk and they were going to send an Engineer
4. Here comes the engineer, his name is AHMAN or something like that. He was the most rude hotel staff I've encountered. He entered my room without saying greetings, he opened the cabinet, harshly removed the iron board until it felt, fixed the panel, and just left the room without saying any words nor bother to explain WTH happened to the room. I didn't feel this kind of treatment was proper from a staff of they-said-so a five star establishment.
5. The corridor smells like musty. They used large bottle (like hostel's one) for amenities - shouting no luxury at all. Entrance was confusing. This hotels obviously is somewhat at crisis. They have not enough staff to clean the room and have it ready at check in time; the morale staff is very low, reflected on their attitude. They just gave you 4 towels per room, (2 big and 2 face towels).Overall, I dont think this hotel is money worth-spending. I have stay edin Sentosa several times, I would rather be spending more money and stayed at W or Moevenpick rather than having these kind of issues. However, I would give a praise to SUMIN - the front desk staff. She was attentive to listening to the issues and quickly solved it. She gave me a late check out and complimentary breakfast to make up my stay. However that doesn't buy me my loyalty to your hotel nor hotel chain anymore anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See the new Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, where energy and glamour meet cutting edge contemporary design. Visit now to experience our new dining, entertainment, and amenities that will have you feeling like rock royalty. We’re just minutes away from the region’s top attractions, including Universal Studios Singapore and SEA Aquarium, as well as Asia’s flagship spa – the world-renowned ESPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore Hotel Sentosa Island