2,107 results
All reviews loft bed family room universal studios hard rock hotel resorts world sea aquarium swimming pool hotel's pool kids love family with kids other attractions adventure cove waterpark baby cot cable car theme park family holiday late check
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Hotel though being very grand & very child freindly, the staff lets u down drastically, specially the reception staff. The rooms r very nice & well planned out. The pool side is very good and specially with loads of kids activities, fountains, etc. The location is very convinient in Sentosa island. Vegeterian food is also a bit of a problem.

1  Thank nakulm
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Our family (2 adults, 2 children) stayed here for a week in April 2011. We were all very impressed with the room (double bed, bunk bed and fold out sofa) and we also had a small balcony which overlooked the pool area. The hotel is excellently co-located near Universal Studios and a variety of restaurants, shops and entertainment. The cost of the room is quite expensive but worth every cent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My family had a good stay at this hotel, had an adjoining room for my 3 kids, although sofa bed was not that comfortable. Universal Studios short walk away (and a must-see attraction for families). Resorts World has 5 other hotels all within easy access, near restaurants, shops, casino, transport and night-shows. Staying at any of the hotels allows you access to other pools, gyms, etc. Biggest disappointment was breakfast. You have to queue, one day I waited 40 mins for a table - not something you want to do with young children. They need to extend and add more tables because waiting any longer is not worth it. For the price we paid for the rooms we shouldn't have to wait at all for breakfast. I read reviews on this site before I went and this hotel wasn't as bad as some of the negative comments ie. ants on walls, cleaners not vacuuming carpets. We didn't experience any of this but we did have to ask for a blanket for my son sleeping on the sofa bed, all he was given was a sheet. They said they would make the bed up but after having to call them 3 times for the blanket and it turning 11pm we just took the blanket and did it ourselves. Even though the rooms were cleaned daily and beds made the sofa bed was never made and we only received 2 dressing gowns (no children sized ones) but we didn't bother about it. Overall we had a good stay, if breakfast was a shorter wait it would have been a great stay but as for the location - perfect. Might try Hard Rock next time. We used their pool, so much better and perfect for kids. (state-of-the-art gym too but didn't try it).

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We were there to celebrate our 2nd daughter's 4th birthday.

From the moment we arrived, till the moment we left the hotel, it was service to the max!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a cheerful doorman who opened my side of the car door & proceeded to help unload our many bags.

Check-in was a breeze & we were soon whisked to our room which was pool-facing, on pool level. The porters came soon after with our stuffs.

The room was spacious & comfortable enough for the 6 of us - 3 kids, helper & us.
Our kids had fun playing on the loft bed though we only allowed our eldest to sleep on it (other 2 were too young).

The baby cot was not available on our 1st night, but they set one up for us the 2nd day.

There were many eateries in the vincinity & we had plenty of choices from western to chinese, to japanese. There were also a number of shops in the area & our kids (& even our helper) had a field day buying souveniors!

The pools at Hard Rock Hotel (guests can access the pools in any of the hotels) was superb & we practically spent our entire afternoon on our 2nd day there. We also had some quiet swim at the pools at Festive Hotel.

Room service was prompt & attentive.

With 3 kids, we had to pack economically & leave excessive stuffs like toys & bathrobes at home. We only had some story books & a stuff toy each. However, the hotel provided toiletories for the kids that came with some small toys which kept them entertained. They also supplied fresh bathrobes as & when we requested for them. Although I was told that they normally allow only 2 adults & 2 kids in each room (hence supplies as well), they eventually sent enough for everyone (this is despite me telling them to just give us whatever their 'allowable limit' was).

They also gave a complimentary small cake for my girl's birthday and she was simply thrilled.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Also, the hotel provided entry pass, in case guests decide to leave Sentosa to shop or dine at Vivo.

We meant to visit the beach at Sentosa while we were there, but our kids had such a good time at the hotel, we did not have time for other parts of Sentosa!

Thank you RWS, Festive Hotel for a wonderful birthday celebration for our 2nd girl. The other girls are asking to go there again for their birthdays!

2  Thank BenBelYen
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This place has very funky hotel rooms and the kids thought the bunk beds were fantastic. It does have a very modern feel BUT I felt like we could have been anywhere in the world. It had no Asian feel whatsoever. It didnt even have a very Universal Studios feel. It was very expensive for what it was and although it was very nice. I wouldnt book in here again.

The pool was lovely but in the shade from very early in the afternoon. A blessing in disguise I guess from the sun but it did cool down very quickly. The pool had a great kids area and nice spa area.

The breakfast room was an absolute free for all in the mornings! Good selection but you needed to be prepared for warfare to get to the buffet!

As far as restuarants this was my biggest disapointment. I love singapore for the restuarants and I found that Sentosa Island just had NO variety. There was either expensive American chain hamburger outlets or expensive restauants. NOTHING that catered for families and was reasonably priced. It put a real dampener to our night out as we could find absolutely nothing to sit down and eat at that was available and were walking around forever in the heat. Eventually found a nice expensive Italian place! Definately not the Singapore food experience I remember.

All in all I would recommend going to Universal Studios and I cant fault the Festive for quality but I wouldnt got back. I'd prefer a "singapore" hotel

Room Tip: Family rooms with the bunk are great but not if they are too young
1  Thank CJANDLJ1