“I am glad I took a gamble to stay at Festive...!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“I am glad I took a gamble to stay at Festive...!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I had crawled through the comments posted by others on Festive Hotel as I was attracted by the loft bed concept (which by the way, my 2.5-year old absolutely loved!).

Many negative comments stood out:

1. Poor housekeeping
2. Bad experience at front desk reception
3. Wrong knocking of door in the middle if the night
4. Poorly maintained room (e.g. TV remote, bathroom tiles mold, structural works etc)

There were many who complained about the long walk to the rooms, distance from carpark, lack of help by the porters etc.

They were nearly enough to make me re-consider my booking but I am very glad I went ahead with it.

1. Check-in & check-out was smooth & done professionally.

2. Duty manager Caroline was helpful & accommodated my request for a standing fan (my toddler was sweating despite having the aircon at 18 degrees!). My 1st attempt was unsuccessful but later Caroline personally called up to inform she was checking with other nearby hotels if they could spare one. She had the fan delivered within 30min.

3. Valet service was really convenient - all for $3. Beats having to walk from Carpark to hotel. Hubby's car had a punctured tyre when the car was retrieved. Mine was fine though. (I guess it could have happened to anyone, with all the construction going on in the Sentosa area).

4. Music from hard rock hotel on Sat was way too loud. We really pitied the guests there, considering we could hear the echoes all the way back at festive. The balcony doors had really good double glazing & filtered out most of the noise. Luckily hubby & I were exhausted & fell asleep on the super comfy king bed to the "white noise".

5. Walk from lift to our rooms 442 & 443 was far but our toddler made it fun by "chasing" me & her grandma along the corridor to the rooms. She loved the connecting doors to the room & I was really glad festive accommodated our request for connecting rooms.

6. Hubby celebrated his birthday & the chocolate fudge cake provided FOC by Festive was excellent! Hubby had to bring his ID to prove it was his actual day but luckily he wasn't expecting a surprise. I had to call front desk to check the cake delivery but it was really common sensical to be the one to arrange the timing (instead of the hotel) as we were the ones deciding when to celebrate!

7. Special thanks to Ivan who showed genuine interest to help with my "fan" situation - see pt 2. He even advised against blasting the fan & aircon on my toddler (which is what my mom & TCM doctors say too). I guess I should heed their advice but my toddler has real difficulty sleeping with all the sweat on her head....

8. My daughter enjoyed the pool at Festive, especially the "water spray" area. Strangely enough she did not take to the hard rock pool. Her whole feet cringed up when she stepped on the sand. (Fussy feet like her dad!)
The waters at Festive felt cleaner anyway so it worked for us, and it was nearer our rooms. The cabanas were good for my in laws & helper who could hide from the sun & enjoy the sight of the kids frolicking around the pool.

9. Housekeeping was fine, sheets were nice & clean. Bottles of water replenished. Bathroom wall tiles were indeed a tad slimy but hey, the standing tiles are perfectly clean. There are ample pillows - 4 big ones & 2 kiddo sized ones. There is even a bed sheet for the sofa bed. Ample wardrobe space to store your luggage bag & belongings. Nice touch to have TWG tea bags & milo. Daughter loved the kids' bedroom slippers & goodie bag.

I will definitely do another staycation at Festive! $290++ per night only & so much fun things to do, see & eat at Sentosa!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We've just got back from Singapore. We stayed in Festive Hotel for the second time. Our boys loves it there. The bed and pillows are comfortable and the room is spacious. The hotel is adjacent to a mall. About 10mins slow-walk to Universal Studios and the Casino. Many eateries within walking distance and there are 2, 7-11 outlets for your late night/early morning needs.

Room Tip: pick a room that's facing the cable car.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Totally enjoyed my stay with my family. Room was overbooked and we were upgraded to a suite. Gorgerous view, very attentive service and kids were provided a welcome goodie bag, kids size slippers and robes. We were celebrating a birthday and the very nice staff surprised with a cake for the birthday boy.
Great stay. Will be back!

Ceduna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

The Festive is the only Resorts world hotel which caters for familys. Our room was OK, quite large and comfy. Small balcony but no view. Same floor as the pool but facing the other way. We were happy with the kids rooms and a connecting door was handy. The brekky (about $33) was a tad expensive, especially with a large family group. ($360) We managed a substantial brekky elsewhere (The Coffee Bean) for less than $100. The restaurant was also too expensive for us as a large group so we chose others outside. The positives are , a few minutes walk to Universal Studios and a few more minutes walk to the monorail (free) which goes to attractions at the Beach Station one way to the huge Vivo city shopping complex the other. If you are holidaying on Sentosa the location of the Festive is its biggest attraction. As with all theme park complexes, it is designed to remove as much money as is possible from the tourist pocket. We did enjoy our stay regardless.

Room Tip: Difficult to say. I imagine upper floors may have a view but the whole area is very compact. Room wi...
1 Thank cedunanomad
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is nice but need brighter lighting. The lighting is too dim and the air-con is too cool even set to the highest temp.
Other than that, the place is a nice and cosy place for family and couple.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Bought the 2 nites package thru deals.com. Emailed hotel & and they replied promptly
with the reservations availability.
Located near the universal studios, merlion & all attractions.
Room is very spacious with king size & a loft bed. There is a balcony with swimming pool
& merlion view.
Check in and check out is super fast. Complimentary parking given.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shahrin
Kerobokan, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We've stayed in other RWS places before but this is probably the best for kids. It is always difficult to get rooms for bigger families but we managed a reasonable deal for a group of 11, 4 adults and 7 kids from 6 to 15. Bunk beds are a plus and rooms a capable of 4-5 people if permitted. Breakfast was very expensive (especially for kids who are not big eaters). Pool etc. good, location handy and a short walk to Universal Studios, monorail etc. Biggest problem for us was the lack of cheap food in the vicinity, sometimes kids just wanted a snack but it was hard to find. RWS seems to be keen on keeping you inside the complex, whereas a short monorail trip away there are a lot more options.

Floor three near the restaurant can be noisy at times but the rooms are reasonably sound proofed. Views not much to rave about - all we saw was a wall, but there was a smallish balcony.

Room Tip: See earlier, try to get away from restaurant/pool floor.
1 Thank TanjungBaraDiver