I had crawled through the comments posted by others on Festive Hotel as I was attracted by the loft bed concept (which by the way, my 2.5-year old absolutely loved!).
Many negative comments stood out:
1. Poor housekeeping
2. Bad experience at front desk reception
3. Wrong knocking of door in the middle if the night
4. Poorly maintained room (e.g. TV remote, bathroom tiles mold, structural works etc)
There were many who complained about the long walk to the rooms, distance from carpark, lack of help by the porters etc.
They were nearly enough to make me re-consider my booking but I am very glad I went ahead with it.
1. Check-in & check-out was smooth & done professionally.
2. Duty manager Caroline was helpful & accommodated my request for a standing fan (my toddler was sweating despite having the aircon at 18 degrees!). My 1st attempt was unsuccessful but later Caroline personally called up to inform she was checking with other nearby hotels if they could spare one. She had the fan delivered within 30min.
3. Valet service was really convenient - all for $3. Beats having to walk from Carpark to hotel. Hubby's car had a punctured tyre when the car was retrieved. Mine was fine though. (I guess it could have happened to anyone, with all the construction going on in the Sentosa area).
4. Music from hard rock hotel on Sat was way too loud. We really pitied the guests there, considering we could hear the echoes all the way back at festive. The balcony doors had really good double glazing & filtered out most of the noise. Luckily hubby & I were exhausted & fell asleep on the super comfy king bed to the "white noise".
5. Walk from lift to our rooms 442 & 443 was far but our toddler made it fun by "chasing" me & her grandma along the corridor to the rooms. She loved the connecting doors to the room & I was really glad festive accommodated our request for connecting rooms.
6. Hubby celebrated his birthday & the chocolate fudge cake provided FOC by Festive was excellent! Hubby had to bring his ID to prove it was his actual day but luckily he wasn't expecting a surprise. I had to call front desk to check the cake delivery but it was really common sensical to be the one to arrange the timing (instead of the hotel) as we were the ones deciding when to celebrate!
7. Special thanks to Ivan who showed genuine interest to help with my "fan" situation - see pt 2. He even advised against blasting the fan & aircon on my toddler (which is what my mom & TCM doctors say too). I guess I should heed their advice but my toddler has real difficulty sleeping with all the sweat on her head....
8. My daughter enjoyed the pool at Festive, especially the "water spray" area. Strangely enough she did not take to the hard rock pool. Her whole feet cringed up when she stepped on the sand. (Fussy feet like her dad!)
The waters at Festive felt cleaner anyway so it worked for us, and it was nearer our rooms. The cabanas were good for my in laws & helper who could hide from the sun & enjoy the sight of the kids frolicking around the pool.
9. Housekeeping was fine, sheets were nice & clean. Bottles of water replenished. Bathroom wall tiles were indeed a tad slimy but hey, the standing tiles are perfectly clean. There are ample pillows - 4 big ones & 2 kiddo sized ones. There is even a bed sheet for the sofa bed. Ample wardrobe space to store your luggage bag & belongings. Nice touch to have TWG tea bags & milo. Daughter loved the kids' bedroom slippers & goodie bag.
I will definitely do another staycation at Festive! $290++ per night only & so much fun things to do, see & eat at Sentosa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exuberant yet relaxing, and brimming with family and child-friendly facilities, Festive Hotel™ makes for the ideal family getaway. The Deluxe Family King room comes complete with a sofa bed and a loft bed to comfortably accommodate a family of four. For some splashing good time, make your way to the hotel pool. While the little ones have a blast at the separate kids' pool and wet play area, adults can relax by the poolside cabanas. For more family entertainment, Universal Studios Singapore®, S.E.A. Aquarium™ and Adventure Cove Waterpark™ are just a 5-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.