“Great Hotel Experience”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Early last week my family and I were recommended to stay in Festive Hotel if we want a nice and happy stay in Sentosa Island..and we did. When we arrived at the reception we were attended by a very friendly and smiling front office staff who handled our queries and subsequent check in. Without her professional approach and her ever ready smile, we would feel it is just another normal check-in like any hotel. She does make the difference. We were very happy with the room and its amenities though it is not the best.
On the whole, we are very happy and satisfied with our stay. Thank you Festive Hotel. We will recommend our friends to you.

There are newer reviews for Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were upgraded to a family room, at no extra charge, which was fabulous and my pre-schooler loved going up the steps to the bunk bed. The room has a large balcony, but unfortunately no chairs. We didn't spend much time in the room because there was so much to see and do on Sentosa. Rooms are a little dark, but otherwise quite comfortable. Some chairs for the balcony would have been helpful. We got a room overlooking the pool on level 4. Bed was extremely comfy. Would stay here again for a good rate. It's on the resort itself, next to Universal Studios with easy access around the island via monorail, and there's a beachfront shuttle and buses around the island that are all free. We got a one day play pass, with access to 4 activities, which was more than enough to fit into a day. Did the viewing tower, butterfly museum, cable car to Vivocity and went up the Merlion. This hotel is geared for families, whereas the others have a different theme. The buffet dinner at Starz (at Hard Rock Hotel) was very good with a lot of choice. Friendly concierge was very helpful with deciding what we could best do with a pre-schooler and how to get around the island. Plan to spend one day at Universal Studios and the rest of the time on Sentosa. We had got a 2 day pass for Universal Studios, but didn't use it the second day.

Room Tip: You may be lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a family room, if you have a child.
1  Thank AklTraveler
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were greeted with smiling faces and helpful staffs. The family room can accommodate up to 2 adults and 3 children.( they have 1 big bed, one loft bed and a sofa bed). Location is very near Universal Studio, S.E.A. Aquarium , Festive Walk,Adventure Cove Water Park and shopping center. There is also a Casino and a theater just in case you want to unwind and relax a little bit. We will definitely go back to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Spent a lovely week at the festive hotel and let me tell you the renovations are almost over..Not once during the seven days were we bothered by any noise..being just one floor below the said renovation floor.awesome location..mid point to almost all the major attractions around rwsentosa.staff was very friendly and yes we did get out rooms earlier by 11am as requested...after a long flight.had a lovely time can't wait to get back next year yet again..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annuma
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I chose this hotel because there was a 50% promotion (the original price would REALLY not be worth it) and it had the cheapest rates out of the other hotels in RWS (wanted to stay close to the mainland so that we can get food easily). Booking was easy enough (Internet) and I made a few calls to check on certain things - everything went smoothly. I was slightly apprehensive due to the poor reviews on this hotel (esp re service, renovation etc).

To start with, check-in went very smoothly. I really want to thank the hotel here. If you have read my reviews you will notice I always have a bone to pick with hefty hotel deposits (not being a credit card owner). This time, I came prepared (even called the hotel to check) but upon checking in, the counter staff was so nice to tell me that they did not need to collect any deposit from me, but will just have me pay cash should I incur any sort of charges during my stay. I was so happy (because my cash budget was on the tight side, this being a rather impulsive trip). In fact I am wondering why other hotels cannot do this haha! Maybe it was because I was a citizen. Anyway, that was kind of them. Nobody helped us with our luggage, but I did see that coming because of some reviews that mentioned this. My mother wasn't pleased though, because after staying at places like Intercontinental, she thinks it's customary. Well, anyway, be prepared to lug your own bag.

The hotel room itself - firstly, it's VERY DARK. Seriously. No operations can be done in such lighting. I know hotels like this kind of dim lighting because it masks all the room imperfections and they think it makes the room feel cozy. Well, no. I just was apprehensive at what was hiding in the dark corners. The carpet was ugly and it hadn't been vacuumed properly - I could feel some grit and crap under my feet. The furniture was not brand new but it worked. I took the room with the loft bed. If any of you are planning to sleep an adult in that bed, the maximum height of that adult is a recommended 1.65m provided he or she is not the thrashing around in his sleep kind of person. It IS meant for kids, so just beware. There wasn't a place for me to keep my glasses up on the loft too, so i had to kind of dump it beside me and hope for the best (without my glasses I'd not been able to climb the ladder). Ladder is a bit steep - not for the elderly and toddlers without an adult supervising.

The bathroom has no tub - I know some people find it an issue though I don't. Other things to note are that it has no second tap under the shower for feet washing (a bit strange, but I adapt well so I washed my feet by just sticking them out), no hand shower for those of you who are wondering either. The drain is also strangely in the middle of the shower area, which was a bit gross because I kept stepping on it while I was showering. The room comes with basic amenities like bathroom gel and shampoo. No conditioner or lotion, so if you can't live without those, bring your own. Only one big towel and one small towel per person (my mom had a bone to pick with this because some 5* hotels give dozens of small towels for various purposes). Other than that, I found the bathroom quite fine. I liked the layout, it was big, and the shower area was big enough that my cousin could bathe her toddler quite comfortably.

There was also an attached balcony which looked reasonably clean, and we felt confident enough to go out on it without slippers.

There is no internet so take note (that is common on Sentosa hotels I think).

Next - service. There were complaints, but looks like they've fixed this. I called the Front Desk and Housekeeping a few times and they were very nice and prompt (I'm a sucker when people greet me by name). I didn't have to call anyone twice to get what I wanted. That was very very good.

Do take note that they won't vacuum your room unless you ask them to. Their idea of daily housekeeping is changing your towels and making your bed, and that's about it. (My mom watched) I think that's pretty gross, especially as it's a family friendly hotel. Kids are so messy and they spill and drop things all over the place. They should really reconsider including a more a thorough cleaning of the room daily, including of the bathroom. The walls ARE very thin as many other people have said. Lots of screaming to be heard by kids. My mom had problems with the mattress but I found my own mattress in the loft to be just fine. If you have back problems, again I don't really recommend it unless you can ask th hotel staff to get you a firmer pillow.

The pool is a huge mystery to find. No handy signage. On that note, the hotel was difficult to find too. You should take the shortcut from The Forum's bottom level. There is no lift from the Forum to the level where the monorail is, nor the monorail to the Galleria (where you can also enter the hotel). You can however, get from the hotel straight to the Forum's bottom level (skipping the monorail level) so it gets frustrating trying to get around when you have strollers or luggage with you. If you are staying here, best to call and get very clear directions from the hotel. The website or maps won't be very helpful. And the pool is on the third floor. You can also use the Hard Rock Hotel pool which is quite a far jaunt away, but has lots of fun stuff like a fake beach, a sand bottom pool, water slide etc. The hotel's own pool is ok. Just hard to find.

In all my stay was reasonably pleasant and exceeded my expectations, because I had been expecting much worse. But objectively, I still feel it's not worth the 200+ bucks I paid for. I would however go back if I had to and if it still has the cheapest rate.

1  Thank Izahhh
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here in September 13. When we booked we had a midnight flight so we booked and extra night so we could go straight to hotel and catch up on sleep.
We were welcomed with "sorry we have some renovation going on on the floor above and below us, and there will be noise most of the day (every day) .
OK we are fairly reasonable. So to our room we went. WOW we get out the lift to a pungent smell and what looked like sewer pipes all through the hallway. ok I've had worse on a cruiseship.
Get to room , lovely. Then all we heard was drilling and banging , sounded like someone would be falling through our ceiling. Very bad. So ok we thought since we can't sleep we will head off. came back in afternoon to same. Saw reception and they offered free wifi for 24 hrs ????
By the 3rd day and numerous complaints one of my friends had severe headaches ( probably from the extremely strong smell of glue being used in the hallway). I have weepy chest, not good when i have just been through a year of serious illness. including 4 lots of oesophageal banding.
After more conversations and basically refusing to stay in this room we were moved to Hard Rock. What a shame they didn't offer this from the beginning. Was supposed to we a R&R after a very bad year. WAs very annoyed we were not advised before we travelled as we had booked 10 months prior.
I recorded the noise from our room, so anyone wishing to stay here atm you may want to see this first.
I would've expected this in Bali.

Room Tip: Ask before you go if they are still renovating.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PerthBella_10
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear PerthBella_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We arrived at 4 pm, and the room was not ready. When we finally got the room, the choice of tv channels was very limited, with no movies, except pay for view at $18++. We were in a family room with 2 children, yet the child sleeping on the foldout gets only a sheet to lie on, and one blanket. So he was freezing. Additionally there were only two towels provided for the 4 of us.
The bathroom doesn't function well, as there is nowhere to hang the towels except in the toilet area. All rooms are very dark. No free wifi.
Worst of all, there was appallingly loud music from an outdoor concert for two consecutve nights. The concert was in the grounds of the hard rock hotel, which our room overlooked. This music continued until late at night, so none of us could sleep. Worse still, guests at the Festive are permitted to use the hard rock pool. Whilst swimming there, at 6 pm, a sound check was ongoing for the concert that night. Sung extremely loudly, with a pool full of kids, were the words "sexy mother F!%^#r", numerous times. Can that be legal? Particularly in a place like Singapore. We are not wowsers by any means, but I was furious. 6 pm, next to a pool full of kids??? The desk staff didn't seem at all perturbed by this.
We asked to be moved, and the new room was on the other side of the hotel, so it was much quieter. I think we will stay at Clarke Quay again next time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere near the hard rock hotel and expect to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family