“Good for family.”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Indonesia
“Good for family.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel has very nice design, but the finishing quality is not that good. The location is superb if you want to spend your vacation in the Sentosa. You can take Sentosa express monorail to go to the Vivo mall which Harbour station is located, just don't forget to ask for free monorail pass in the front desk. The pool is very nice, but if you bring kids, the Hard Rock hotel's pool is much better, by the way, hotel guests can use either one. The staff's service is standard, nothing impressive. The hotel cleanliness is average, need to be improved. This my second time to stay here and their spacious balcony still do not have chairs, very ridiculous. If you are a family with kids or teenagers, this is the right hotel for you. The family room can accommodate you all because they have bunk bed which kids love it and a sofa that can be reversed into bed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014

Dear Ytktdy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely
Duty Manager-Festive Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Average rooms - no wardrobe, iron, limited coffee/tea facilities. Windows do not open so if you don't have a balcony there is no fresh air. Smoking allowed in some rooms therefore I constantly could smell cigarette smoke. What I found disturbing was that even though the hotel room had been paid in advance, the hotel took $100 a day off the credit card for incidentals!!! It was refunded after the holiday - but an extra $1500 on the credit card is not acceptable. I would not stay here again. Room service is extortionate - $47 for a burger and chips!!!!

1 Thank Babycatcher2013
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear babycatcher 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about your experience during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues.

Manager
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The main reason for the trip was as a reward for my sister's kids who had done well in school. We were a group of 4 adults and three children between the ages of 11 and 2. We chose Festive for its proximity to Universal Studios and other Sentosa features as well as the package offered online that included the room and attraction passes. It's convenient since it was fairly easy to run back to the hotel should there be a need to. Breakfast wasn't included in the package but since the younger kids didn't really fill up at breakfast, we were ok with the restaurants nearby. The 2 adjoining rooms each had a queen bed, a loft bed, and a sofa bed so we all slept comfortably. Its about what you would expect of a Resorts World Hotel and from that price range. There's a fairly large veranda in each room but there are no seats on it so you just stand there and look at Universal Studios (the view from our rooms). Lines at check-in and check-out are horrendous. I was lucky to have arrived a tiny bit before the crush and had a room that was already available.

If you are single or are not travelling with children, don't stay here. There are small children everywhere. Everywhere.

If you only plan to spend 1 day on Sentosa/Universal Studios and plan to go around other parts of SIngapore the rest of your stay, don't stay here either.

Room Tip: Specify room near the lifts if you don't want to walk too much (our room was on the far, FAR end...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jaymiedivine
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Jaymiedivine,

Festve Hotel
Manila
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed in a Deluxe Family King in this hotel 3 years ago and as far as I remember it was quite pleasant because the kids enjoyed the loft bed and proximity to Universal Studios.

Came back to Singapore to visit the Sea Aquarium and nearby Legoland. I was hesitant to book this hotel again because the Deluxe Family King was not available. But being beside Universal and traveling with my family , I settled with the only available room which was a Deluxe.

Arrived at 2:45pm. I was told to come back because check in is 3:00pm. Gave them allowance and returned to the front desk at 3:15pm. I was told by front desk officer Amelia to wait again for another 30 minutes because the room was not ready. This time I said no. Sea Aquarium will close at 7:00pm meaning we have less than 3-1/2 hours. I want my room now.

I started to remind Amelia that the check in time was 3:00pm and I needed my room but then she rudely interrupted and said "I KNOW I KNOW". Then, she asked if we're going anywhere. So I replied by telling her we're in a hurry to catch the Sea Aquarium before it closes at 7:00pm. Then she blurted "You can visit Sea Aquarium first and then come back". Seriously?! I didn't have to explain to her that we needed our room because we wanted to change into something more comfortable!

I was starting to heat up and told her that I travel a lot and have been to many hotels with a check-in time of 2:00pm. Again, she blurted "NO STANDARD IS 3:00"! Of all my travels, Amelia was the worst I've encountered. Her rude attitude blended well with her rude facial expression. She was unapologetic. Sofra was a totally different better character who faciitated my smooth check-out.

I had a 4 year old son with me on this vacation, not a handicap person. Amelia knew that. I was aghast when I stepped in our room's bathroom and realized it was designed for handicapped guests and even smelled like a hospital bathroom. If you don't believe me, request for room 658. Festive Hotel has 390 rooms. I can't help but think that Amelia did this on purpose... but we were in a hurry and did not want to waste my time to go back to the front desk and argue with her again.

In addition to our horrible stay, the room had a minibar but it was empty all throughout our 4 days. Housekeeping failed to give us towels on the 3rd day of cleaning up the room. Shower area did not have a shampoo/soap basket. The sink had the smallest countertop I've ever seen with very limited space to put your toiletries and had a leaking faucet for 4 days without housekeeping reporting it to maintenance. Overall, the bathroom was just disgusting.

I will definitely return to Singapore again with my wife and kids, but definitely never again in this hotel!

4 Thank PickyTraveller555
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Picky Traveller 555,

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Duty Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

perth
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children, aged 12 and 14) have recently returned from Singapore and would definately recommend this to others. We were travelling around and staying at other hotels and the Festive was where we stayed for our last 3 nights. The location was fantastic and we made use of the free monorail to get around Sentosa and over to Vivocity. We had booked a family room which has the loft bed. My children were too big to both fit up there but younger children certainly could. There was a fold out bed which we used for one child instead. It was never made up but was easy to make up with a sheet and blanket. The aircon was really cold and we never managed to get it to adjust so had to ask housekeeping for more blankets. The room was very clean and we loved the fact that the glass doors that opened out onto our balcony were double glazed so minimal noise from the pool below us (ask for a pool view room, it's lovely to look at lit up at night). The hotel itself is very clean and although we were there on a weekend so very busy, there wasn't a lot of noise. The staff were very friendly and helped with any questions. The kids had fun in the pool which was a great size but I would like to see more sun lounges, there is plenty of room for more.
There are plenty of places to eat at all hours of the day and night with a wide range of prices. A tip for anyone wanting a western style meal at amazing prices is to go to Aston's. You will find it a bit hidden behind the Malaysian Food Hall, near the old visitor centre. Great food and mains start at under $10 including your choice of 2 side dishes.
We would definately like to return to the Festive Hotel in the future and whilst it was expensive to stay there, we feel that the location and convenience make it money well spent.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room, preferably not near the lifts which would be noisy.
Dear Suzanne b ,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Duty Manager
Sydney
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Firstly, it was very expensive compared to other hotels in Singapore, just because it was in the resort. We stayed in January 2014 with 2 little boys ( 5 and 1). Check-in was really quick. There is a café in the lobby, but no bar or restaurant. You have to go next door to the Hard Rock or into the resort. We did get free tickets for the monorail on check-in which was a nice touch. You don't get many amenities in the room. Tea and coffee but no milk. You do get a 200ml bottle of water per adult every day in the room. There is a 7-11 grocery store in the resort where we bought milk, water, beer and wine for the room.No glasses and when we called housekeeping for some wineglasses we were told it was part of room service and would be charged $5 to get some. So we just went next door to the Hard Rock Hotel to their bar which was expensive but nice. We had a deluxe family room with the bunk bed. It was a good size room for Singapore standards. We had requested a crib for our baby but it wasn't there so had to call down for it. There were only 2 towels given, (2 hand towels and 2 bath towels) even though we had booked a family room with a child (we are used to the infant not getting towels, water etc. because they don't charge for him) There were a couple of hairs in the bathroom sink and on the floor so it had not been cleaned properly. I didn't want to complain because it was only minor things. I just cleaned the bathroom myself with wet wipes! Then our shower-head was leaking so there was no water pressure at all. Maintenance was called and it was fixed within the first hour of us calling.This should have all been fixed though when the room was cleaned/prepared for the next visitor. This is not what I expect of a hotel that charges over $500 a night.
The pool looked fantastic, but it rained every afternoon which is usual for Singapore, during our 3 night stay (break between flying from UK to Australia) and the pool surround (decking) was so slippery. There must have been some slight moss or something in places, but whatever, it was to dangerous to let you kids walk (what kids walk?!) around it. So, we used the Hard Rock Pool most of the time. It has a kids slide, swim up bar, free towels, changing room and a sandy beach lagoon style section. As well as swim up cabanas but I don't know if these cost extra or not.
I loved Sentosa Island, as well as Universal Studio there are lots of things to do around the beach side and some great bars, cafes and restaurants along the beach at a fraction of the cost. It is not that far away from the resort either.
For the price we paid, you can get a top class hotel in Singapore. Would not stay here again, I wish we had picked the Hard Rock Hotel to be honest. I would definitely come back to Sentosa island because there are a lot of things I didn't get the chance to do in only 3 days but I would stay on the mainland and get the monorail across (which is 5 minutes) or stay outside of the resort on Sentosa. You would get better value for money.

Room Tip: The bunk bed for the child is quite wide and could easily fit 2 little children in
3 Thank JLESBIREL
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear JLESBIREL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Jakarta
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stay even only 1 nite, but have a good experience, the room big,i think can accomodate 5 people.. they have 1 queen bed size, 1 sofa bed, 1 single bed for your child..good breakfast.
Have awsome swimming pool and good view from room.. sstttt they have ice cube machine for free in every floor i think.. and also vending machine for snack.. the one my concern is they are no direct access if you go by public transport like bus or mrt to the hotel.. so you need walk pass some little branded shop for reach the lobby.. this hotel located in the center of michael and hard rock hotel. 10 minute walk to main entrance of universal studio and sea aquarium and many interesting place in sentosa island.

2 Thank Bagus S
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Bagus S ,