“"Enjoyable Stay"”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“"Enjoyable Stay"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stay here for 2 nights in Family room recently in Festive Hotel. Must say that it is not that bad as other say. Arrived in the morning but room was not ready so they keep my bags. Staff was friendly and introduce us to SEA aqurum. Very nice my son like it. When we go back hotel at 2pm, they give me my room which is facing the pool. Room is nice and clean. My son like the bunk bed. Many places to eat around the hotel and also easi to walk around sentosa. Checkout was very fast as i aready pay the room before. Everything the staff very friendly and my room cleam. This is what i look for.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor with pool view.
1 Thank Minh0405
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Minh 0405,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Manager
Festive Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dongguan, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I should have taken notice of the previous reviews before booking this. The bathroom was filthy. The shower would not drain due to the clog of black hair in the plug hole. Hair was caked into the edges of the bathroom floor and there just grime everywhere. It was so dirty the whole bathroom just stunk. The shower was only warm and you could definitely not get a hot shower.

There is no minibar and the internet is NZD$30 for one day. We booked the family room for 2 adults and one child, but they still kept giving us 2 towels each day. The bunk is good for older children but too high for young children like our 4 year old. The outdoor balcony was also good, but would have been nicer if it had a couple of outdoor chairs.

Check in and out were both fast and the front desk staff were always pleasant, especially the concierge, Zain. They really need to train their cleaning staff though.

We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest on Sentosa but in hindsight we should have paid more for one of the other hotels with the better reviews.

Room Tip: Make sure your child is old enough for the bunk in the family room - they are really high.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear pme23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed in the Family Deluxe room that comes with a King-size bed, a loft bed and a sofa bed from 13 - 16 Feb 2014. Was deceived by the pictures that looks huge. Trust me, it is not. Definitely not value for money. In the website, it says that the sofa bed will fit for 2 person, but in actual fact, 2 kids is more likely. But I don't care, since there's only my wife, my kid and me staying there. The room amenities was not checked properly. There were 2 bottles of body wash dispenser, but no shampoo. Water pressure is low, but that is excusable, since they were trying to reduce water wastage. A call to the front desk, and they will get it fix for you by removing the the tap filter cover.

One thing I was not happy of is that the room is rather dimly-lit. There is supposed to be lights on the ceiling around the round design above the bed, but the light is fused I believe. I called 3 times to get them to fix it, and even talked to 2 front desk staff about it. Every time, they promised they will send someone to get it fixed. But until the day I checked out, it was still not fixed. I wrote a complain in the feedback form. Upon my checkout, the Front Desk Manager (I believe) came and spoke to me about it. He apologised, but his excuse was that the staff may have misunderstood it thinking that it was the bed side light. That's a very bad excuse. Bed side and ceiling lights are not even near when it comes to pronounciation and pronunciation. Is their English THAT bad? I doubt so. Cos I spoke to a few of the front office officers, and they speak pretty well. But anyhow, I didn't want to argue, since I'm already leaving.

The staff were very courteous and friendly though, right from the front office to the housekeeping. Always greet you with a smile.

The breakfast spread is good and nice. The Asian Deli at the Festive Hotel lobby is value for money.

3 Thank DarylWongSauYee
Dear DarylWongSauYee,

Yours Sincerely,
Macau
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The room and amenities are just too average for the rate charged. Unlike others Casino Hotels, minibar are totally empty, wifi chargeable at exorbitant rate, room amenities are too average and still far from being a 5-stars hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure if any tip can be share aside from front view which you can see those cable cars travelling...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank marcello2188
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear marcello2188,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We made an advance booking with everything pre-paid for a Deluxe King room. Upon arrival there given us a twin single room saying that 'Deluxe king ' is only available upon arrival and they got non availability left!!
They didn't specific it on the booking page and if we knew that they won't have a long size bed room for us we would had book another hotel instead.

With a 3 yrs old autism toddle u expect him to sleep alone on a single bed? And do they think that we could squeeze ourselves on a single bed is ridiculous .
They offered to open up a sofa bed for us but no way that I will want to sleep in a sofa bed for 2 days with that price paid.

After another long waited queue , the guy on the reception managed to get us a king size bed room without the sofa bed ( which is totally ok cos we didn't even asked for it earlier)
And the king size bed room is nothing fancy. Too dark lighting bathroom , shampoo with body wash only no conditioner provided. 3 people staying and only 2 sets of towels available . We called in to ask for 2 extra bath towels and 4 hangers and the house keeping lady asked us if we wanted our hangers with clips or no clips.
Since they asked , i chose with clips hangers but 20 mins later they brought me no hangers with no clips.
(What is the meaning of asking anyway?)

The next day at around 10am , the room bell rang off continuously 2 times, 3 seconds later, continuously 4 times. Thinking that kids r playing with the bell, I open up the door to find that it was a guy which is from house keeping . Asking me with a 'smile' on his face ' u wanna clean your room'??
From what I expect, usually house keeping will call in to that room to ask that question or at least they could only rang the room 's bell once only instead of 6 times continuously??!!

Overall, not so clean room, not good interior ( not exactly wat u expect as u see in the pics).
No politeness or smiles from staffs and porters.
And be surprise in not getting for what u ordered and paid for!
Furthermore, with that price paid u gotta pay for wi-fi per device!!!???

No thanks, I would love to visit sentosa again but surely not staying in this hotel ever again .

Ps: the only smiles and service we got from staff from this hotel is a porter whom we asked directions for. Which I failed to take note of his name . That is why I gave this hotel one star if not otherwise I would had given non --;

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Rowen W
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Rowen W ,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Went for a one night stay at festive hotel. The only "upsetting" thing that happened was trying to find the carpark. Signs to get to the carpark that is nearest to festive hotel was horrible and we drove in detours for more than half hour before deciding that we should just park and find the hotel on foot.
Room was not bad, quite pretty. Had the family room which is good for 4-5 people. No complaints about that. Service is ordinary. Tried calling the reception for some ice and took us 5 calls before someone answered the call. Overall experience is not fantastic but wasn't too bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Gina S,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent two nights at the festive hotel with our two children (4 and 6years old). We were a bit apprehensive given the mixed reviews however we need not have been. Checking in was fine, quick and friendly. The hotel looks really cool and we all loved that, up there with legoland and disney resorts for special touches. The children were given lovely little welcome packs when we arrived. Our room looked really nice however it could have been cleaner, there was someones pumpkin in the fridge, a bit of grubbiness around the taps which I wiped off and then discovered a teat from a bottle behind the sink. It wasn't dirty, surfaces, carpets and linen was clean but it could just do maybe some extra time and attention to detail from house keeping. The cabin bed is very high, 6 year old loved it but our 4 year old was a bit scared and preferred the sofa bed. The pool was fab quiet and open late for a swim after our long flight, loads of cabanas to sit under, plenty of towels. The location is perfect, great for a wander around sentosa and perfect for universal. I've rated this highly despite the problems with the room because it was such a good price and it was only me who noticed the cleanliness husband and children couldn't have cared less and it was nothing a wet wipe couldn't sort. I would happily return and have recommended it to friends going to Singapore in October.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise T
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Louise T,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely