“All about location!”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Albany, Australia
“All about location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

For us, the Festive Hotel had a lot of positives and a few negatives. Firstly, if you are wishing to mainly visit Universal Studios, Water-cove Park and Aquarium....then this accommodation will place you virtually in the thick of it. Quick, easy walk to all 3 attractions and the Sentosa Express Train, etc etc.
We stayed in a Deluxe Family Suite, first place I have EVER stayed at that has a completely empty minibar...never come across this in all my travels. Especially at the price of the rooms, not cheap.
TIP: walk to 7Eleven which is very close by and stock up yourselves.
Checkin, easy and fast, but it was 3am. Checkout, quite fast as well.
Negative: Room service.....staff are great, food average, always cold or Luke warm....over an hours wait easily at any time. Breakfast was 2 hours late.
Front desk staff informed us they did not sell attraction tickets. Line up for an hour to buy tickets for one attraction to then be told by a Resorts World staff member we could have purchased our tickets at the hotel and skipped the long queues.
Decided after first day to eat outside at the multitude of choices in very close walking distance.
Pool always over crowded and full of screaming uncontrollable children. We traveled as a family so had no problem with children swimming, just the complete disregard for anyone else trying to swim.
Would I stay again? No...but glad to have had the experience for myself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Paula F,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Festive Hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We regret to learn that the level of service you received during your stay did not live up to your expectations or the high standards we strive to achieve on a daily basis. We hope that you would give us the opportunity to address your concerns, and invite you to contact us directly at festivehotel.dm@rwsentosa.com.

Nonetheless, we do hope that you were still able to enjoy your visit to Resorts World Sentosa Singapore and that we would have the opportunity to welcome you back to Festive Hotel in the near future.
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us.

The Manager
Festive Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. Very friendly welcome, great check in, clean room. Lack of information about hotel options and island in general. Each time I asked fir anything it was received positively but made me feel a try hard. Pool was pleasantly a surprise, much larger than we had expected. All in all rooms smaller than we had hoped but enough for a short stat two adults and two children, spot close to everything and pleasant staff. Negative not enough information and no bar.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Junior_Tracker
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Junior_Tracker,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked a family room and was provided with a small room on the third floor facing the Hard Rock Hotel. Although we booked as a family of 4, only 2 towels were provided, resulting in a phone call to housekeeping for more. The room is small for 4 people with two large suitcases. We felt like we had little room to manoeuvre between the furniture and bags. The kids found the bunk bed a novelty but their repeated treks up and down the ladder made me nervous that they would lose their footing and fall. The location of the hotel is great, within walking distance to eateries and attractions such as waterpark and universal studios. The pool looked nice but we didn't have time to use it. One afternoon, the blaring music from Hard Rock Hotel went on and on whilst my kids were trying to have an afternoon nap. At least it wasn't at night. I liked the queen size bed though. It was really comfy and the sheets were lovely and soft.

Similar to the previous reviewer, we also had a problem with reception not answering phone calls from our room when we tried to ring down in advance to ask about tickets to attractions. Admittedly, it was just before 9am but surely a hotel of this calibre with 24 hour reception would answer calls at 8am? I tried 3 to 4 times without success. Also, we asked reception whether or not we could charge back food purchases from the waterpark to our hotel. They said yes but when we got there, we found we could not. Lucky we did bring a small amount of cash with us, otherwise we would have gone hungry. Simple knowledge like this should be a pre requisite for reception/concierge staff.

In general, I found the various discounts offered by resortworld for their attractions confusing and was never able to take advantage if them. I feel they should inform their guests about these offers prior to arrival. Eg. Claim back taxi fare for shopping vouchers, discount to SEA aquarium after 4pm, bring singapore airline boarding pass to ticket booth for discount etc..

Overall, I had a good time at Resortworld but the Festive Hotel didn't suit my family so we will be staying elsewhere next time.

Dear physioT,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We took up the 3D2N package offer, D1 USS, D2 Adventure Cove, D3 in SEA. Defintely worthwhile to sign up for the RWS invites card if you are local, with perks you can use in the parks.
Hotel stay (not fantastic):
(++)The kids love the room, especially the loft bed. Room good for family with 3 children.
(+)Check in was quick and efficient. Kids had welcome pack (toiletries)
(+)Small café in the lobby provides breakfast at usual local prices, cashier was not service orientated but uncle who served food was kind enough to ask if I would like chilli with the bee hoon, and was generous with their sambal chilli its good!
(++) You are allowed to use the hard rock pool which is bigger, but my kids prefer the festive hotel pool as its less crowded
(--) Room was definitely too dim for the adults' comfort, we brought books to read, but told the children to skip it as room is too dim.
(--) 2nd day realized room was dim cause ceiling light bulbs blew!...this led a a series of unpleasant encounter... Maintenance who came told me that half the ceiling light bulbs had probably blown, and will get it replace when I am out for dinner (cause they need to move furniture). When I came back to my room, it was not replaced, after repeating the story, front desk staff said they will check and call back to say they had ran out of bulbs! Then another call followed, said bulb avail but locked in store, but manager who holds key to store had left office . Finally duty manager Ms Josephine came, she was polite and apologized, and brought a table light. By then it was 10+pm.... She offered us a later check-out at 3pm, but we already had plans and declined the offer.

USS:
(++) kids will love it.

Adventure Cove:
(++)My kids love this place!
(--) My husband realized he had some cuts on his sole at the end of the day (probably at the rainbow reef)... as the pools had closed and the lifeguards had stand down, we could not find a lifeguard for plaster and was referred from one staff to another. Finally one staff told us that the customer service will have, we went out of the park, but the counter staff says only lifeguards have...sigh
(**We will like to thank the lifeguard on duty at Hard Rocks Hotel pool very much, he was kind enough to provide us some plasters and alcohol swab when I asked him for help. He even offered to help dress the wound)

SEA:
Maybe we were already tired after 2 days outdoors, so energy level was low by now.
If you have RWS card, DON'T pay another $10 for typhoon theatre even during peak period eg school hols (the website is confusing... I bought $10x3 on line as the website states this is a must during sch hol peak, ...but could not get a refund when I tried to explain to the counter before entering that their SEA website did not highlight RWS members can enter theatre for free ). My hubby consoled me over my loss... that at least the RWS card got us express passes for the kids in Adventure Cove:\

Overall as a resort, I think they need to train cross train their staffs better. Beyond their specific area of duty, staffs aren't quite aware of whats happening elsewhere. Perhaps its because its peak period, hence a lot of temp staff or that the resort is big?
Quite different compared to experience in Disney Resort.

Room Tip: If you can't get used to the low ambient lighting, either check with staff early if lights are w...
2 Thank Tokyoholiday
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Tokyoholiday,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

We noted that there are some areas that have not met your expectations or have made your stay dissatisfying. Definitely, this is not the experiences which we expect any guest from Resorts World Sentosa to bring away with them after their vacation with us. Rest assured that actions are taken with utmost urgency by each of the relevant departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Festive Hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hey reception - our tv isnt working. We could tell you ourselves if you answered the phone which we have been repeatedy phoning and we would come down to reception but we are already in the dressing gowns you provided and they are so short it would be too indecent. I suppose I should just be patient as it took three trys to get two more towels (we booked and paid for four people and didn't want to share the two towels provided) and a very thin blanket for the fourth person who didn't get a quilt like the other three of us. We just managed to wedge out the fold out bed tightly next to the loft ladder in order to tuck the blanket around him and run the patchy air conditioning a bit higher so he wasnt too cold. We are grateful you sent someone to fix the bath plug that was stuck after we asked you twice to do so and also good on you for fixing our balcony (or should I call it a ledge its so small) door that didn't lock. No face washers, uncomfortable pillows, no conditioner, no body lotion, tiny pool towels, no pool life guard and a family room which is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. Five star - you must be joking. Pan Pacific Hotel again for us next time - the few extra dollars to stay there would be well worth. \

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Diana D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I traveled in last week of June with extended family of 9 including 3 kids for a 2 day stay. We took 3 Family room after reading about it in the reviews. The bunker bed was an instant hit with the kids. I was a little skeptical about the services (based on the reviews here) but put to rest during my stay.

Location: Didn't have problem finding it since taxi guy already new the place and also there was signage to the hotel. Located approx. center of Sentosa which gives easy access to all area.
All important locations USS, SEA, Casino, Merlion, etc are very close by. Even the beach is just a station away going via the monorail. Do remember to collect the monorail passes incase you plan to go out of Sentosa eg. Vivocity.

Rooms: Nice rooms (Family Deluxe) with basic amenities present like kettle, refrigerator (I would not call it mini bar since it was empty), hand wash, shampoo, etc. Rooms didn't look rundown but also were a little dark. I could see 2 types, with one having balcony towards swimming pool (bigger ones) and the other towards the entry/cable cars (very small). Take as per your preference. A room can accommodate 4 pax with a bed, 1 bunk bed and 1 sofa-bed.
Rooms look a little small anyhow didn't bother us much since we spent more time outside in Sentosa. Ok kiddi pool too but we didn't get time to explore.

Service: Our 3 rooms (6th floor) were pre-arranged with next to each other. Which I was happy about. Check-in was smooth and lady at counter was polite. Kids got a goodie bag with small toys, tooth brush, etc.
We didn't used much services, just that our hand-wash had water instead of soap, which was replaced quickly. We didn't try the food here. You can enjoy Starbucks & other restaurants near by.
Even on check-out (which is @12), they kept our luggage (free).

Sleep: The mattress was too spongy. Not very comfortable, although could sleep through ok.

Overall: Reading all the reviews here I kept my expectation down so enjoyed my stay here. Very nice hotel if traveling with kids. Being a 5 star at a prime location, quality can be improved further. I would recommend it for family travel.

1 Thank ujjwalkundra
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear ujjwalkundra,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us .

Bathinda, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good and clean hotel,,,,pool area is good,,, room size is good, ,, good food,,, overall good hotel,,,, I stay there in june,,,, family room is good in size,,,, with separate children bed,,,, main thing it is within sentosa

Room Tip: Must stay in this hotel, family rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family