Its really a family theme resort! Shouts and screams and children running everywhere were the scene that greeted us when we stepped into the lobby. There is a TV corner at the lobby next to a lounge hence its a good idea for parents to relax.
The room decor is really beautiful but somehow the quality of the furnishing and furnitures are quite poor. Almost unbelievable that this is a young hotel that is less than 6 months old. But everywhere is very clean... This is Singapore so cleanliness is definitely expected. There are many housekeepers on each level and they too try to greet and be welcoming when meet guests along the corridor. The bunk bed is large enough for an adult. Overall, the hotel has a very good concept for family. But be ready to face the 'gone crazy' children everytime u step out of ur room! Probably its a long weekend plus school holiday.
1) The quality of the king size bed and pillows are very uncomfortable. Too soft that we all got body ache the next morning. At first we thought is only us but most of my other colleagues also thought so.
2) Facilities such as swimming is not ready yet and the construction do create noise to guests facing the pool.
3) Lack of room service. After a tired and hot day at the USS, we thought of ordering from the room service instead of squeezing with the large crowd outside. But no room service available. Its been quite a super long time that I last heard of hotel without room service.
4) Requested for a slightly late check out around 12.30 - 1pm but was rejected flatly. Went down at 11.50am to check out and was shocked by the super long queue. End up check out process was past 12.30pm. So far, we have never been rejected for late check out request elsewhere. Even if the hotel is running full house, they will still give us at least an hour grace.
5) The restaurant at Festive is too small to accommodate the demand for breakfast goers. U have to be super early if u want to dine there or at least make reservation few days earlier. Anyway, I heard from my colleagues that its was a disappointment to dine there. Little variety and poor quality. He said we can have sometihing much better at the restaurants along The Forum at a much lower price.
6) For the kind of facilities and service available currently, paying $350++ per night is definitely not worth the value. Maybe in future when the hotel is more ready to receive the crowd and demand. But then of course the price would not be just $350++.
I do not recommend using this hotel at this time unless you are like 5-6 people sharing a room. Or a family with teenage kids. Then probably Festive will be more value add to your budget. Couples should probably just consider Hard Rock for the super nice pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exuberant yet relaxing, and brimming with family and child-friendly facilities, Festive Hotel makes for the ideal family getaway. The Deluxe Family King room comes complete with a sofa bed and a loft bed to comfortably accommodate a family of four. For some splashing good time, make your way to the hotel pool. While the little ones have a blast at the separate kids' pool and wet play area, adults can relax by the poolside cabanas. For more family entertainment, Universal Studios Singapore®, S.E.A. Aquarium™ and Adventure Cove Waterpark™ are just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.