“Not worth the money now...”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“Not worth the money now...”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Its really a family theme resort! Shouts and screams and children running everywhere were the scene that greeted us when we stepped into the lobby. There is a TV corner at the lobby next to a lounge hence its a good idea for parents to relax.

The room decor is really beautiful but somehow the quality of the furnishing and furnitures are quite poor. Almost unbelievable that this is a young hotel that is less than 6 months old. But everywhere is very clean... This is Singapore so cleanliness is definitely expected. There are many housekeepers on each level and they too try to greet and be welcoming when meet guests along the corridor. The bunk bed is large enough for an adult. Overall, the hotel has a very good concept for family. But be ready to face the 'gone crazy' children everytime u step out of ur room! Probably its a long weekend plus school holiday.

The downsides:-
1) The quality of the king size bed and pillows are very uncomfortable. Too soft that we all got body ache the next morning. At first we thought is only us but most of my other colleagues also thought so.
2) Facilities such as swimming is not ready yet and the construction do create noise to guests facing the pool.
3) Lack of room service. After a tired and hot day at the USS, we thought of ordering from the room service instead of squeezing with the large crowd outside. But no room service available. Its been quite a super long time that I last heard of hotel without room service.
4) Requested for a slightly late check out around 12.30 - 1pm but was rejected flatly. Went down at 11.50am to check out and was shocked by the super long queue. End up check out process was past 12.30pm. So far, we have never been rejected for late check out request elsewhere. Even if the hotel is running full house, they will still give us at least an hour grace.
5) The restaurant at Festive is too small to accommodate the demand for breakfast goers. U have to be super early if u want to dine there or at least make reservation few days earlier. Anyway, I heard from my colleagues that its was a disappointment to dine there. Little variety and poor quality. He said we can have sometihing much better at the restaurants along The Forum at a much lower price.
6) For the kind of facilities and service available currently, paying $350++ per night is definitely not worth the value. Maybe in future when the hotel is more ready to receive the crowd and demand. But then of course the price would not be just $350++.

I do not recommend using this hotel at this time unless you are like 5-6 people sharing a room. Or a family with teenage kids. Then probably Festive will be more value add to your budget. Couples should probably just consider Hard Rock for the super nice pool.

2 Thank SereneSwee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed for a night at the Festive Hotel. It was a public holiday hence it was crowded.
We arrived at the lobby at 3pm - the official check in time. And there was a long queue.
Queued 30min for our turn, and we were told the rooms are not ready yet! Another 40min wait for the rooms.
The lobby was over crowded as many were also waiting for their rooms to be done.
The hotel should have anticipated the big holiday crowd and thus arrange more service staff to be on duty.
The almost 2hr check-in process waited so much of our Universal Studio time!

To be fair, the rooms (I have one deluxe twins and one deluxe family king) were nice & colorful.
The loft bed is kind of too high for young children. But is steady enough for a teenage.

Recommend to go on non-peak

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2010

After reading the reviews for this hotel on Sentosa Island and having pre-paid for our accommodation I went with great apprehension even after the reassurance given by one of the positive reviewers of this hotel. So with that in mind we actually had a wonderful time. Firstly the booking process was very easy and we even had a phone call to confirm our requirements for transfers and cake and balloons for my son. They were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them (something you would expect considering what you pay during a soft opening phase at Universal).
Upon arrival at he airport we were greeted and promptly taken to our transfer. A 30 minute drive later we were at the Festive Hotel and Sentosa Island had changed alot since we were there a few years ago. The check in went smoothly at 4:30pm. My son received a welcome pack that all children get with some goodies in it and there is also a bowl of lollies he had access to. Our room was on the 3rd floor - the view was of construction going on outside but this did not impact our stay as we were not much in our rooms. There certainly was drilling or something going on in the upper floors but these were after 8:30am and finished by 7:00pm from memory. The rooms were comfortable and had all the required amenities. If you are fussy like me you see everything that needs doing - you see the splashed paint & the marks on the marble etc which I addressed with the hotel in their feedback sheet but you may not even notice these little things. Housekeeping do need to work on their attention to detail, this will only come with experience. I see these things in particular when I am paying $330 a night with no meals. Talking about meals - breakfast at $28 is not worth it. I was disappointed with what was on offer but others may consider it substancial. I liked the breakfast at the Hard Rock Cafe. We noticed alot of other patrons had breakfast included in their meal. At the hotel the Boulangerie Cafe was one of our favourite daily stops for coffee and in particular the cake. They open at 10:00am. I suggested they should open earlier for people like us who need a coffee at 7:00am but I suppose that is what Breakfast is for. We ate at Palio - the italian restaurant near Hotel Michael and I have not had such wonderful service in a very long time. The staff were exceptional. They knew the menu inside out and were very attentive. Highly recommend this restaurant. The Hard Rock Cafe was initially my first choice but I was not sure it was appropriate for children. As the Festive pool was not ready we were able to use the Hard Rock swimming pool. It was the best - a beach scene. We also ate at the restaurant a number of times and were very satisfied with the quality and variety available and would definately come to this property again.
Overall would I stay at this property again - yes I would. But if I had a choice I would probably stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. My son had a memorable time at the Festive Hotel and the Universal complex and the staff assisted with this positive experience.
I would also like to add how easy it was to get to on and off Sentosa and around Sentosa. The entire area was catered to people like us and one of the other highlights on the Island was the Segway tour.

1 Thank CleoBKK
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My family is totally pleased with our stay in Festive Hotel. Our family of 4 (2 boys - 13 years old and 11 years old) enjoyed every aspect of the hotel that we to give top ratings for it. We booked the Family room (the one with the loft bed) so we had plenty of space for sleep. We had a King-size bed, a big comfortable sofa bed and a upper bunk loft bed. My boys simply loved the loft bed. Though it can sleep one person, we had no problems as there was lots more space on the sofa bed and the king-size bed. The mattress was heavenly. We have slept in many 5 star hotels before but never before have we experienced a better mattress and awesome pillows. It was a very pleasing and comfortable stay for my elderly mum in the adjoining room too.
The hotel is very new and all things are very clean and of good quality too. Location is great too as we were closed to the bakery Breadtalk and coffee place Toast Box that offered very good value for money food and drinks. Also close to noodle and ramen shops. Though the swimming pool was not ready for use, we were very glad to have been able to use the pool at Hard Rock Hotel, just a short distance from Festive. Great pools with artificial beach (lovely clean and safe sand for children).

Don't be misled by negative comments by others of this hotel. Maybe things happened to the wrong persons or things happened at just the right time to be wrong..

The service by the hotel and every single staff at the next door Universal Studios Singapore is simply superb. We are all praise about our vacation. Vacations are meant to b happy. Our 2-night stay at Festive Hotel and our visit to the theme park simply got ALL our THUMBS-UP!! May the management of both the hotel and Universal Studios reading this inform their staff that they are STARS!

Bombay
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Hi, Festive is a SUPER Hotel...please don't get dismayed by the bad reviews on this site that I happened to encounter and almost canceled my booking. Festive rocks right from the time you enter it. The Rooms are excellent (Deluxe Family King), and the bunk beds will be a great hit with the kids...The rooms also have small balconies which again is a plus for smokers. Their pool may not be ready yet, but access to the pool in Hotel Hard Rock is permitted, so that again is a big plus. The Casino is adjacent and so is Universal Studios. The Imbiah Lookout is also close-by. If I were to return to Sentosa, Festive Hotel will surely be on my agenda once again. Believe me, it's SUPER!

1 Thank Harry074
Reviewed 19 May 2010

1) there is no carpark or their own, have to park some where further away.
2) Check in timing is 3pm which is kind of late and i waited from 230pm to 315pm before i was able to check in.
3) Counter staff is not well train, seems very burr and not really helpful.
4) The worst thing is i got a room at the 3rd level, right beside the pool which is under construction. It is like a warzone, very noisy.
5) The room is very nice with ample space for 2 adults and 1 kid. They even have a bed for kids!
There is a lot of better choice hotel on sentosa, rather pay a bit more to rest in peace.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chasegoh

Travellers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

chennai
Reviewed 15 May 2010

stayed at this place for a coupla days . the hotel itself is quite good and grand, it has a brand new feel to it. but the work is not completed , so its still niosy at times and the pool is not ready yet. connected to the casino right next door . my 6 yr old daughter loved it especially the bunk beds. they might be a little understaffed as our room was not made till 5pm.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family