“Staycation at Ocean Suite”

Resort World Sentosa - Beach Villas™
Reviewed 2 March 2014

first, do you like fish or not, I mean those fish that live in the Sea?? For me my family have a wonderful staycation. with the package offer and service offered, I can say it is value for service.

The service is wonderful, with the buggy traveling around RWS as well as the surprise room service I can say it is really value for service.

A small hiccup on the arranging of the sofa bed at 2nd storey. As they said they will arrange the sofa bed after my dinner, however it already 9pm and yet I saw the bed is done. But they rectify it and I am quite ok with the time taken.

Breakfast I can say is so so at forest, it does have standard international buffet. in term of my money I spend on to this suite, I still can say it is acceptable with 8 stayer (5 adult and 3 kids)

If you have extra cash, and have four to 5 stayer (shared cost), I think can consider this room. Cos it also about the same on other hotel in rws.

Room Tip: 4 to 5 stayer on sharing cost, consider this. about 300SGD a nite and including breakfast. You must...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank linuspine

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The only reason why we are back is because of my daughter. If not for her I would never recommend staying at any if the RWS hotels at all!!!
For 1 calling the hotline to make reservations is a nightmare!!! The call center staff don't listen n just rattle of some script that they have. The ppl who man the lines are definitely not local, okay they r Filipino n all speak with that accent n find it hard to understand our English language
2ndly checking in at the villas was another nightmare! There are staff walking around but none avaliable to do the check in till I highlighted the matter to one of the staff "walking around" Sigh!!! How bad can service get???
At forest restaurant while waiting for our beach villa to be ready with only 4 tables in the restaurant n 5-6staff who were "busy" setting up tables instead of serving or taking orders! Honestly I can't wait to get out of here !!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
17  Thank Champers2100
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Impressed with the service - although we had to wait for close to 15mins before the butler came to pick us from the Equarius Hotel to the Ocean Suites, the staff offered us a welcome drink. Butler was also very professional when introducing the facilities of the room to us, and very clear with all the explanations coupled with hints and tips on when to utilize the different facilities in the room. Room was awesome! You can simply spend the whole day lying on your bed and watch the marine creatures swimming past and smiling at you!

I only had one burning question when i checked out of this beautiful hotel. Did anyone else who stayed here hear somewhat like an alarm in the morning around 9am and 10am, which seems to come not from the room but from the aquarium? It rings 5 times in a row, each ring about 2 seconds. Is there anything such as alarm to wake up the fishes and/or to make them more active??

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank YWL16
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I went for a short stay at Ocean Suites. I'm going to make this review straight to the point.

Checking-in:

Had to wait in queue with other Equarius Hotel guests. Should be separate for Beach Villas & Ocean Suites. The buggy brought us through the passageway past the beach villas - to wow us with the aesthetically resort-ish outlook... Only to be brought to the basement carpark where our villas are. I don't care what difficulty there was in the planning of the location was beforehand, but having our rooms accessed through a basement carpark feels cheap and not classy; certainly does not go well with the price paid!

Room:

The 1st floor is the one with the comfortable bed and the aquarium panel. The bathtub has panels that act as the floor boards when not in use, to avoid accidental falls as we gawk at the sea creatures - This is pretty inconvenient for those who would like to casually have a dip anytime of the day while freely snap photographs of the room featuring the bathtub. For this very reason, I think bringing kids and having the tub open altogether is a bad idea. The 2nd floor features a living room area, with a sofa that opens up as a bed, and the outdoor jacuzzi. This may be pointless to couples, you won't spend more than a few minutes here, just enjoy the aquarium. My jacuzzi buttons were not functioning properly and the staff were quick to fix it, although the indian technician dude had an attitude about him. The glass aquarium panel is not extremely privacy-proof, people -can- see you if they stared hard enough from the SEA aquarium on the other end. THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT is that the lights of the aquarium gets turned off at night; you can barely see anything - When it would be the most perfect time to appreciate the view. I was NOT informed of this and I found this appalling. People generally go out and enjoy themselves in the day and rest in the evenings. We pay high prices for such rooms for the pull factor and unfortunately we do not get the best out of it. I felt extremely fooled, really.

Service:

My butlers were fantastic. I did not have long pants to dine at Ocean Restaurant's dinner as they have a strict dress code, but I insisted - My butler assisted me in having them send my orders to the room (although I found it weird why I had to request it and raise a few of their eyebrows, seeing that Ocean Restaurant was just right next door to the entrance of our Ocean Suites. Service staff Daving Kong and Jhahoov were absolutely brilliant - My 5 month old son had a medical emergency close to midnight and my wife and I rushed out of our room only for them to swiftly ask what's wrong and drove us to the medical clinic in RWS itself and then to the taxi station.They arranged for my butler to be updated on us as well and their concern and dedication is very much appreciated. Easily the best thing about my trip there.

Conclusion:

More negatives than positives. Definitely not worth the price.

Room Tip: Only get Ocean Suites if you stay in the room in the day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank TheYasMan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Ocean Suites of Resort World Sentosa Beach Villas, Singapore, take us deeper, wow us from the first time we enter the bed room. The large size window to S.E.A Aquarium is for sure THE MAIN TOPIC just as advertised, and it doesn't disappoint us.

Not only kids love it, parents love it too!

Feel how it is like to live under the sea, it is an escape like no other, well, not any that I have been to. Good advice: very romantic for couple ... the blue silhoutte created by the lights and water effect is giving natural silky atmosphere and we know that it is for real. Oh, we can bath just by the window, by the way.

Great service and attention from the hotel team are great even though we sometimes forget because we are caught up by the sight in the room. Upstairs living room is perfect for kids to join us (sofa bed available), however, be prepared to fight with your kids for the room selection. Private jacuzzi available, only we don't really care with it if we have a bath tub by the aquarium window.

The drawbacks, location is separated from the main hotel (which is supposed to make the villas exclusive), we have to go through the car park basement to get in, not exactly the most convenient location to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tjokrosaputro
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I got to know about the Ocean suites from a television programme and thought that the children must be thrilled if they are gonna stay in a hotel with the full view of the aquarium. After our stay at Capella, we decided try a one day stay at Ocean suites.

The checking in already pissed me off with such a long queue. Having paid a high price for the Ocean suite, we shouldn't be queuing with the other Equarius hotel guests. They should have a separate counter for Beach Villa guests. That will be more fair to us.

More surprise coming, in fact like some of the other reviewers were having the same thoughts as me. When the buggy brought us to our room, I was stunned by the 'Grand' entrance of Ocean suites, What? in the basement carpark? It looked rather cheap.

Room : Narrow walkway from the door, not as spacious as i thought. Bed was comfy though. Super plus point is the beautiful Aquarium where you can look at the fishes swimming by all day. The children super love it! The smell of the room was very nice with the smell of Ocean Jasmine used on the air diffuser. Living room is upstairs with a long flight of stairs leading to it. Tiring for weak legs, may not be suitable for older folks with knee problems. There's a outdoor jacuzzi upstairs beside the living room. Bathroom was clean and well equipped with toiletries.

Service: Besides the slow checking in process, service staff were generally polite and helpful. As i have 3 young kids with me, they provided 3 sets of children's toothpaste/toothbrush sets for them which I didn't ask for. That was very thoughtful. That's the only thing I'm happy about.

Food: Feeling hungry during the late night, we decided to order some night snacks. In-room dining menu was pretty limited with quite a few choice of food. We ordered a fried rice and it tasted ok as in acceptable by our taste buds. Food was delivered like half an hour after we called in.

Facilities: As it's a short stay, we only used the pool. It was great! The pool was heated, very comfortable to swim in the warm waters. The pool was connected to the Beach villas therefore we gotta walked a bit. We did not take the buggy this time, we got to know about a lift by the car park that brought us up to somewhere near the gym area. It's very near the pool! Had a quick looked at the gym too, it was big but we didn't use the facilities there as we had children with us.

Privacy: Although there's a tall grey wall facing the at the outdoor jacuzzi area, it's not as private as you think. One morning, I went for a puff up there with only my nightie thinking it's ok as no one could see me. Then suddenly in i saw a gardener watering plants above the wall. Oh my god! I ran back into the room as fast as lightning. So please be in proper attire if you are going to that area.

Probably this will be my first time and last time staying at Ocean Suites. Probably if the price is cheaper, i may consider again.

Room Tip: Generally, i think all the rooms are the same. Main objective is the in-room aquarium.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kerrynbabe
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I manage to stay in one of the Ocean Suites this May & oh god it is beautiful. The personal view of the aquarium drew my attention so badly I could stay up the whole night staring at it. Attached with the bedroom, waking up didnt seem to be a problem. A living room & an outdoor jacuzzi is located on the 2nd level, which is ideal for gatherings, celebrations & romantic times. I rang up a few friends & had an impromptu party. The reaction time given per request I made were moderate (Towels, ice, etc). Initailly I thought the Ocean Suites are under Equarius Hotel which leads to a misconception trying to search it. It can be very misleading for interested parties, moreover, the reception counter is shared among Beach Villas & Equarius Hotel. Maybe the management will like to look into this. Given said that, I'll want to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends