“Inconvenience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“Inconvenience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have 5 person in a room (include maid) but was given 1 packet of salt bath for 1 time use only, on the 2rd day when I request from the Room Service man outside the corridor he said will bring to the room later but did not turn up after that. We stay 3 days 2 night but only supply 1pkt of salt bath.

Swimming pool was not ready for hotel guest to use we have to use the pool at beach villas & not entitled to use the towel & was told to return personally. Can not use jacuzzi at the beach villas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel should not be charging full price. Having just opened and the fitness centre and pool still being built it is not even close to being ready. The rooms have a poor (rushed) finished (missing grouting, dodgy air conditioning, intermittent lighting, doors that don't open properly), the room had no information about the hotel in it- oh- and did I mention that breakfast only starts at 7am. The few positives as with most Singapore hotels are that the staff are extremely polite and respectful, the beds are huge and very comfortable and the view facing the bay and Gondola is quite lovely. The price we paid was $390 a night, including breakfast, Internet is NOT included so I would not recommend for a business event.

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank LizJB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

It's a perfect place for couple who love to have some privacy and away from the the busy city life! The moment we enter the hotel, there's some aroma and it's smell really good! Staffs are really helpful, they even bring us up to the room and show us around the room..! The bed is cosy! Tv are huge and there's even a tv inside in the bathroom! Toilet are huge! Two basins for each of us! We are suppose to go out for a dinner, but since the are room too cosy, we decided to dine in the room, not to forget we even have a turn down man, who will come to our room! Perfect! Would recommend for couples and honeymooners! Worth the money!! Will come back again for user sure!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank HydaHanafi
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

Enjoy our stay very much as the room is huge. Furnishing and fitting is great - modern and practical. TV might caused some issue as it is difficult to use. Cleanliness is fair as mirror, corner / skirting / bathroom floor (hair sighted) and high dusting were not done throughly. Room amenities is average as I will expect to have branded amenities for this hotel.

Overall, service is great (not for the male staff who look like PRC who was found wonder around with a folder at lobby on 7 April 2012). IRD is good as they went out of the way to prepare a food order which is not in the menu and bell staff is very attentive / polite with all the request on the transfer. Expected to see some sticker either on the floor or wall as that might be the oustanding defect for the contractor to follow-up.

Stayed April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Staying in beach villa room with private jacuzzi, big rooms, big bath tub with Espa bath products and bath salts provided. Really enjoyable..will be back again when Espa opening soon..Beds are comfy too...

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Poingpoing
singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My advice to all, the hotel is not ready to serve, book at your own risk!
I checked in on the 14th March with my 2 young kids in the hope to enjoy a relaxing staycation during this march school holiday but it was a horrible mistake for choosing this hotel. There was no information booklet in the room and when I called to ask for the location of the pool, I was told that we need to take a bugi to Hard Rock for our swim.
Fine! So we went to the Lobby requesting for a transport arrange to bring us to hard rock, we were told the bugi is not available. Eventually after our swim we couldn't get the transport back and we have to book our own taxi just to get back fr hard rock to Equarius. Mind you, my kids were all wet and shivering while waiting to no avail for 20min!
The next day before checking out , we realized the hot water wasn't working when I was going to shower my kids. The management first reply was the hot water system is down and they will send their guys over to check. I waited for 20 min but nobody came. So I called again and this time they said they are not sure if the hot water system is problematic ??!! The duty manager came to our room, check the water temperature and said the water is not cold??! Gosh! It wasn't working at all and I can't imagine she has the cheek to deny it.
I have stayed in so many hotel over the years when I used to travel for business purpose , this is the worst hotel I have encountered.. And I can only say my holiday is totally ruined because of the poor service. My husband said it's not even comparable to a 3* hotel in hotel. What a shame!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank rabitinocean
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

First of all, NO, I am NOT exaggerating with the title. That's how impressed I am with this hotel.

Not many people have heard about this hotel. It is very new, recently open on mid-February 2012. If you're travelling by taxi, just tell the taxi driver to head to Hard Rock Hotel Sentosa, as it is located right after HR Hotel (you will only see the sign to Equarius Hotel once you're nearing Hard Rock Hotel). Don’t forget to have your hotel booking confirmation within your reach so you don’t need to pay entrance fee to Sentosa Island.

As soon as my husband and I get off our taxi, really friendly staffs at Equarius Hotel lobby greeted us and helped us with our luggage.

The staff at front desk (her name was Ms. Herdawaty) was unbelievably, genuinely friendly and helpful and made us felt really welcomed...which rarely happened, especially in Singapore (no offence). She really took things ahead, e.g. before we even asked, she has provided us all the answers (especially regarding of what things to do for our quick stay). She even took us to our room since our room is located a bit further which requires you to take a different elevator for more convenience. We also ran into a housekeeper (her name was Joy) who was very friendly and helpful.

We stayed in Deluxe room, the most standard in Equarius Hotel. But when we enter the room, we were stunned to see how big the room was…(apparently biggest in Singapore, 51 m2). Not only the room, but the bathroom also, it’s amazing! They chose the color beige for the interior, which gives you instant calming feeling. Deluxe room came with a balcony, which face the forest (another plus points). Every little detail in the room, really meet (or exceed) my expectations. I am very fussy when it comes to choosing hotels, so I’m really happy having to come across this one.

The hotel provided 24-hour shuttle service to take you to places in Sentosa (furthest is Hotel Michael). They also provided us tickets to go in/out Sentosa Island by monorail.

The food quality in Equarius Hotel is also top notch! We ordered in-room dining on our second day stay, and I want to recommend the wagyu burger! My husband claimed it is the best burger he had ever tasted! Breakfast menu was modest, just the basic dim sum, congee, cereal and several choices of amuse-bouche offered to you on your table.

The overall experience in this hotel is really satisfying (it seriously beat my stay in a suite room in Las Vegas). It's so luxurious yet makes you feel home!

If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, I definitely recommend this place. It is however a bit far from the main island of Singapore (e.g. shopping places). So it depends what your purpose of travel.

Will definitely come back to this hotel! A++++++++++++

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the forest.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple