We checked into this hotel for 3 nights in June last year.
We had a pool access room and I would say the room itself was large and comfortable. There are some things going for this hotel but there are obvious faults that can be corrected and when done, I would not hesitate to give another star to the review.
The obvious difference between the Equarius and the other Resorts World Sentosa hotel is that it gives a quiet and peaceful vibe. The other hotels under RWS tout themselves as 5 star but that's a far stretch for me. Unless you think 5 star means a dark and loud (in every sense of the word) 80s disco at the lobby (Hard Rock Hotel) or a nondescript poor-quality, 80s-looking hotel (Festive Hotel). For marketing, this hotel should bank in on their difference from other Resort World Sentosa hotels. It's like an oasis when compared to the ones nearer the theme parks. But I don't think this works against it. As long as the shuttle and buggy comes frequent enough to ferry one to the lobby of the other hotels. The journey itself is but a couple minutes. And during my stay I was lucky enough not to wait at all except for twice which lasted not more than 5 minutes each. The concierge and the guys manning the shuttles were lovely and polite. As long as this service is kept up, I'm happy to return.
Breakfast was fine with a small buffet and items you can choose from the menu. There's a lovely area to have your breakfast just outside the restaurant if you're not sun-shy. If you sit inside, look up for interesting interior.
But, there are reasons I withheld the last star. They are problems that can be corrected so I don't see why they should be left to ruin the hotel:
1) Check-in: We were shown to the check-in counters but sadly no one tend to us. One staff was with another customer while others were sauntering back and forth between the counters and the back office. There were no other guests waiting for check-in. We probably waited 10 minutes for nothing until we finally got a staff to check us in.
2) Our pool access room was nice, cozy, comfortable and big. Bathroom was big. Balcony was big. Everything in the room was really clean but... except for the balcony! It was downright dirty. Construction dust was everywhere at the balcony and there was a huge clump of tissue on the steps of the pool. It has become stuck onto the step and on closer inspection one can see lots of loose, tiny bits of the tissue floating in the pool. I tried to remove it to no avail. That piece of tissue was to stay there for our entire stay. The dust coated balcony was only cleaned on our last night there.
3) The TV in the bathroom had a little technical problem and I left a note to get it fixed. That evening we returned to our room and nothing was done. The note was found crumpled, in the bin. (roll eyes worthy)
4) Knob of toilet glass door was found on the floor. It's designed poorly as the knob was too small and short to grab to open. I picked it up and left it on the stool in the toilet cubicle. It was left there the entire stay.
5) Strong smell of cement as some parts of the hotel must be still undergoing construction though we didn't see or hear it. Lots of cement marks on the walls. This place looks fine but don't scrutinize because the details exposes the fact that it is not a real true 5 star.
6) No cushions on the rattan loungers at out balcony. There were cushions on our neighbours' chairs. Yes, it's easy to just look over. There's no privacy at the balcony if you are wondering. Would be good if there's something to prevent guests from seeing each other at such close proximity.
7) Guests next room to us were having a party till 1am and stopped only when we complain to the hotel. There was a large group of them in the room and they were screaming at the top of their lungs before the complain.
Seems like I came up with a long list of problems. Nevertheless, if I need to stay within RWS again, I will still choose this. It's still better than the other choices under RWS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haven nestled along the fringe of a tropical rainforest, Equarius Hotel is the perfect getaway for nature lovers and families alike. All our spacious and breezy deluxe rooms and suites feature a private balcony with stunning panoramic views of either forest or sea. The equally spacious bathrooms are designed for lavish convenience with double vanity areas, a separate bathtub and shower area. You will also enjoy exclusive use of the gym at ESPA at Resorts World™ Sentosa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.