My husband and I returned to Sentosa every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We used to stay only at Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa, but since we are spending 4 nights in Sentosa, so I decided to split my stay between Equaruis and Shangrila.
I'm so happy with my decision trying Equaruis, especially when the concierge lady upgraded us to a seaview room with view. The room is big and well decorated, with a huge bathtub for us to enjoy during the night. The bathroom is very clean and we really enjoyed every bit of the room.
Our package didn't include breakfast, so cannot comment on that. We tried the Ocean Restaurant for tea-time snacks and we didn't regret going there cuz the aquarium view is simply astonishing. The fish and chips and chicken nuggets tastes average, nothing special worth commenting, but we still recommend the place simply because of the view.
In terms of hotel service, I do think the Equarius needs improvement. Not that the staff is not nice, everybody is nice and helpful, but they all fail to provide useful information for guests to enjoy the resort. For example, when I asked front desk about the spa menu, she asked me 'Which floor are you staying at?', I replied 'The 6th floor'. Then she said 'Oh yes, there won't be spa menu at your floor'. She didn't have the intention to provide me with a menu, leaving me with a big question mark regarding whether the spa is reserved for higher spending guests?
Example no 2: when we wanted to go to the Pool, a staff just blocked our way and said there's nothing inside. We're quite surprised, and so we kept asking different staff to check where the main pool is. All seems unwilling to let us know the exact location, when we reached there, there are no staff to help us set up the day beds or serve us with towels, the pool looks so deserted. The pools are linked with the Beach Villas, so I guess the hotel staff didn't want the 'room' and 'suite' customers to use the pool reserved for the Villa guests?
Anyhow, while we found our way to the pool, we discovered the ESPA, and we went inside for a look out of curiosity and we are thrilled with all the amazing facilities inside. When we knew from the Spa staff that they are offering 50% off a special package, we immediately joined the package to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The package costs SGD$450 person person in normal price, and they are now offering the package at SGD$225 per person now. The price includes:
- all day pass to all ESPA facilities including the incredible Onsen, steam sauna, rock sauna, vitality pool, cold pool, the fantastic changing rooms
- 1 hour and 45 min massage and spa
- 3-course meal at the Tangerine spa restaurant that offers healthy and calorie-calculated
- all day courses (boxing, yoga, SMRA etc)
We are so happy to have found the ESPA without the help from the HOTEL STAFF. Despite the lack of service at Equaruis, I'll still go back without doubt, the ESPA and Hotel rooms has successfully won us over from the Shangrila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haven nestled along the fringe of a tropical rainforest, Equarius Hotel is the perfect getaway for nature lovers and families alike. All our spacious and breezy deluxe rooms and suites feature a private balcony with stunning panoramic views of either forest or sea. The equally spacious bathrooms are designed for lavish convenience with double vanity areas, a separate bathtub and shower area. You will also enjoy exclusive use of the gym at ESPA at Resorts World™ Sentosa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.