Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
View Hotel
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)
1,274 results
All reviewsshuttle busforest viewspacious roomhuge bathtubbeach villashuttle serviceocean suitehard rock hoteladventure cove waterparkresorts worldpool accessdirect accesshotel michaelsea aquariumhotel guestschecking inlong queue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My friends and myself stayed at Equarius Hotel which is a part of Resort World Sentosa (RWS). I personally have had positive experiences in the other RWS Hotels, and so i decided to give Equarius Hotel a shot since it was newly open and happened to be a '5' star hotel. However, it was a shot that i would regret later on as an incident with the duty manager left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The duty manager for the night of 14th December 2013 was extremely unprofessional in his duties. We were stopped by the duty manager as we exceeded the allowed guest of 4 in the hotel as we had 6 people. So we obliged with the rules and as we were making our way back into our room so that 2 of my friends can collect their belongings to leave, we were stopped by him. He was extremely rude to my friends and myself and we were prevented from going into our room for a good hour before we were eventually "allowed" by the duty manager. It was akin to being unlawfully detained in the hotel lobby. Is this how they treat all paying hotel guests? Were we not allowed to enter our room as and when we pleases but must seek his permission beforehand to do so? I certainly did not expect his actions to be that of a unruly gangster unless it must have been a prerequisite in his job scope as a duty manager. His actions has certainly affected the rest of the night during our stay there and particularly on one of my friend. She was traumatized and humiliated by the incident.

Long story short, the design of the hotel is beautiful but the quality of service certainly doesn't reflect that. Housekeeping staffs weren't friendly, you could literally walk past in front of them and they wouldn't notice you, receptionists were also rude and impatient and to think that for the price that we paid for this hotel, the least they can do is to provide free ice when we requested and not charge for it. Festive Hotel which is a '4' Star hotel doesn't charge for their ice so i do not understand why Equarius Hotel charge for theirs unless their ice are imported from some 2000 year old glacier in New Zealand? Not forgetting the weird smell of the bedsheets, the weird spot on the linen cover and also the faulty hairdryer in the toilet. I'm guessing that these are the new standards for a '5' Star Hotel?

I hope that the management of RWS take this matter seriously and understand that good customer services is important to ensure a quality stay for its guest and also to consider re-looking into their staff training protocol as it is definitely not '5' star standard. I would definitely say Equarius Hotel is certainly not worthy of the '5' Star status and that this experience was like no other that i have ever experience in other '5' Star Hotels.

This will be the first and the last time i would be stepping foot into Equarius Hotel and i certainly hope that other people will not have to experience the unfortunate incident that we have gone through.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank CT_One_and_Only
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As a 5 star hotel, it was disappointing to know that there is only one restaurant located within the Equarius hotel. For other amenities, one would need to leave the hotel and travel to the main RWS area. Buggy service can be requested and there is also a 15 minutes interval shuttle bus service to the other RWS hotels. The rooms that my friends and I stayed in over the last weekend was the Deluxe Room which was spacious with an adjoining garden balcony, large L shape sofa and comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom was spacious and clean as well. However, the bed linen were stained, duvet cover smell like as if it was not thoroughly dried and the hair dryer in the bathroom was not working.

What was most disappointing about the hotel was the appalling service provided. My friends and I left the hotel for a quick supper at McDonald’s and returned at 11pm sharp. However, we were stopped by Vincent, the Duty Manager at the entrance of the hotel who was refusing entry of guests who had more than 4 adults in a room. We were then made to wait in the hotel lobby while he and his staff checked on our room details. After waiting in vain, we decided to oblige to the hotel policy and leave the hotel. We were stopped by Vincent again as he claimed that we are not allowed to leave the hotel lobby without his permission. When we checked with him if he was able to ensure that all rooms only had the stipulated number of guests, he replied with certainty and subsequently threatened us with hotel security. The attitude and the lack of patience of the Duty Manager in explaining details to us were not what we would expect of a 5 star hotel.

Overall, the experience at Equarius Hotel was disappointing. I would definitely not recommend others to stay with Equarius Hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tengyee
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Was there with my 2 best girlfriends for a staycation.

Pros:
1) Hotel room is an excellent size. Bed was fluffy and comfortable.
2) toilet was a good size
3) Great view for a 7 flr room

Cons:
1) From the moment we are at the front desk checking in, the staff were icy cold.
No directions was even given to the correct lift.
2) Upon check into the room, we realized that the fridge was locked. Upon asking for assistance, the staff came quickly with a great smile. As we planned to drink our wine in the room, I requested wine glasses from the staff. The staff was even kind enough to ask red or white class. The good service ends here.
Moments later, the front desk called requested us to pay $2 per glass per day as a rental. I was shocked that for a premium price we pay. We had to rent the glasses. It is bad enough not to have wine glasses readily in the room.
3) The toiletries was a let down. Having stayed in festive hotel before which is a 4 stars hotel. The Equarius hotel uses the same toiletries. For a 5 stars hotel, shouldn't guests have a better premium brand?
4) The following breakfast was a disaster at $28++ additonal per pax. With no live fried egg counter, all the fried eggs were just plonked in a tray. The food selection was poor too.
5) Upon checking out, as we have trolley bags. We requested for a buggy service to our car which is at USS east carpark which is a good 20 mins walk.
We were rejected flatly thrice by front desk, concerige and bell boy.
Only upon escalating to the duty manager of beach villas. Then we get our buggy service.
6) There is a pool in the hotel however it is only for casino guests. The available pool is at the beach villas which is a distance away.
7) Equarius hotel is far from the rest of the attractions. A shuttle bus service is a must to go round the place.

In my opinion, RWS need to train their staff for a 5 stars hotel experience. With the premium price we paid, we can have a wonderful time at Rasa Sentosa or even movenpick hotel.

This will be my last time in Equarius hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank celwong
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My friends and I went on a staycation in Equarius Hotel RWS recently.

The room of the hotel was spacious, the outside view was great and the bathroom was big. We found that the bedsheet have a weird smell and there were stains on the cover. We were expecting that the room to be at least cleaner than what we had. However, that is not the main reason that spoilt our experience with this hotel.

As a 5 star hotel, under RWS management, one would expect at least a good and professional service from the service crew. However, the duty manager that night did not exhibit service professionalism. His hand gesture, tone and the lack of patience in explaining details to us were not of a 5 star hotel service crew standard.

Our mood were then affected throughout the night. We have decided to never to step foot into this hotel after one night of stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank xEugeneYx
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Me and my other 5 friends booked a room for a night at the Equarius Hotel for a catch-up session. Room was decently big to accomodate all of us, but other than that, there's absolutely nothing to rave about.

We've tried to order room services, and the food was pathetic, and they charge for everything, including SGD$8 for ice, and SGD$80 for extra beds. We thus went out of the hotel to get some snacks and ice from the 7-11, via the shuttle bus.

The nightmare started when we got back to the hotel lobby. We were all abruptly stopped by the duty manager of the hotel, asking us to show our hotel keycard. We did and he was very rude, in my opinion, to say, "Come to me please." We're the hotel guests but he doesn't even bother to treat us with respect and asked US to go to him like we're some criminals. That aside, we obliged and told him the room no. we're staying, and he forbid us to go up to our room (it was about 11:09pm) since we have more than 4 people in one room(There're 6 of us).

Thus, we stayed in the lobby to try and understand what was the duty manager concern and if anything can be worked out this late at night. Finally we thought maybe we can go back to the room and place the ice in the cooler and pack our bags, since they already got our room no.

On the way to the lift we're stopped by the duty manager's yelling, and he actually threatened us, shouted rudely "DO YOU WANT ME TO ASK THE SECURITY TO ESCOT ALL OF YOU OUT OF THE HOTEL??" "You'll have to ask MY permission before you leave the lobby!" One of my girl friend told him we just want to go up and put down the stuffs, but the duty manager was raising his tone and voice. I thus asked him if THIS is the way he treats all the guests, and he replied, (voice raised again) "Your friend HERE is raising HER voice at me first. And MAY I just explain the THIRD TIME..." with no patience, and accusing my friend for raising her voice when she didn't! The duty manager was simply losing the argument thus shouted at us. Even if someone were to raise their voice at him, as a hotel staff there is absolutely no excuse for treating us rudely. We felt like criminals seriously! If the message is being put across nicely, we can just oblige and will leave the hotel if they don't permit the stay.

Finally, 2 of us went up to put the ice (yes finally he "allows" us to leave the lobby) while the rest waited in the lobby. We also made a phone call to my friend's uncle as the room was booked under his name. He finally managed to reason out with the duty manager, to allow us to stay a night in the room (we booked a bigger suite actually). However, they will have to make a copy of all of our IC and register everyone of us. Although we felt that we're treated with 0 respect, seems that we have no choice but to do that since we can't get any refund. We asked for a copy of the form that we're signing, but was rejected because it's the "hotel property". But we're allowed to take photo of the form, isn't this ridiculous? The counter staff also threatened us by saying "This offer is an exemption from our hotel, and if you guys are not happy about it, you can simply don't take this offer" with a smirk face, when we just wanted a copy of the form we're signing on. The other hotel staff then explained politely, and professionally that our information will not be disclosed and their concern on why the rules. And by the way, the form did not state the no. of guests allowed per room.

Finally, we are "free" again to go up to our room after these drama.

When we're about to rest up for the night, we realised that the hairdryer was not working, the linen has multiple stains and was smelly. I really don't know what to expect from this 5-star hotel anymore.

Even if there's a free stay at this hotel, I will never in my life step into this horrible place anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013