“Spacious quiet rooms, close to watermark”

Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Sydney, Australia
“Spacious quiet rooms, close to watermark”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We booked having read all the reviews and bearing in mind jet lag. We made sure that the hotel would know if advance that we were checking in at 7 am having paid an extra night and the service was fine. Yes it's a rip off that there's no wifi included for a 5 star hotel. Yes the shuttle bus does not run every 10 mins, however if needs be the shopping centre is only 15 mins walk away.
Big plus is that walking out of the back of the hotel you can get straight into the Aqua park, which was an excellent way of keeping 4 jet lagged children awake and happy. The hotel shares the beach villas pool, which is beautiful, pictures attached. It was what we expected: spacious enough for us and the 4 kids to be easily accommodated in 2 rooms, a useful stop over on the way back to Australia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 January 2014

After reading mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, I went with no expectations, or rather I am ready for the worst & all prepared to meet & counter-attack nasty duty managers & any other nonsense that may come my way. Official check-in was at 3pm but I did make a request for earlier check-in, we arrived round 2pm & all service staff at check-in counter were pre-occupied serving other guests. To my surprise, less than a minute of standing in queue, a friendly staff stepped out & offered to settle my room check-in. Delightful surprise! I had half expected some waiting time spent queuing.

I booked a deluxe room but the staff, upon knowing we were celebrating our anniversary, has generously upgraded us to a deluxe garden room with a huge lawn + balcony. Honestly, the area was so big, it could probably house 6 mahjong tables! Our room 301, faced lush greenery but if you looked downwards, it was the road leading to the hotel. I especially liked the serene surroundings, the peace & tranquillity was exactly what I needed. For those who prefer another view, the other end of the hotel rooms face RWS Adventure Cove Waterpark.

I was the mastermind behind this year's anniversary celebration, in my reservation I had stated we are celebrating our anniversary. The hotel was generous enough to offer a complimentary cake (which tasted just like a lump of milk, but well,can't comment much about complimentary stuff yeah) though I did try to request to swap the cake for 2 glasses of champagne instead since for my dinner reservation I had requested for a customized cake. So much for inflexibility & certainly UN-personalized service. Which brings to mind how awesome W Singapore Sentosa Cove was when we celebrated our 5th anniversary there.

Equarius hotel does not offer free wifi which seems pretty ridiculous considering this is a 5-star hotel! Booo! I spoke to duty manager Randy who handled my enquiry really badly.

Bad experience aside, the walk to the pool was horrendously far & there was no shelter! Barely 10mins into the pool & rain came, we had no choice but to retreat back to our room. Soon it was dinner time & we caught the Sentosa island shuttle bus to Quayside Isle (the stop to alight is W Singapore Sentosa Cove).

Buffet breakfast the following morning was a huge disappointment, the food served was far below expectation. Even the most basic scrambled egg is badly prepared, it was gooey & watery, as if the dish was milky eggs instead of scrambled eggs.

Check out was a breeze & we missed the shuttle bus to SEA Aquarium, as it was lunch time, the next shuttle was more than half an hour wait away. We were waiting for the bus, after more than 15mins, a kind-hearted hotel staff finally offered to have a buggy send us there.

In conclusion, nice brand new hotel but service only meets expectation, as a 5star hotel I believe management should target to exceed guests' expectations & make their stay a delightful one. However my stay here was definitely not delightful, there are far better options in Sentosa.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few days and got to say its a beautiful and convenient hotel located at the end of road of the other famous hotels. It is far less crowded and quiet enough to receive a relaxing stay and attention from the helpful and smiling staff. Shuttle buses whisk you off to drop off points to go to Universal, SEA Aquarium etc..Taxis can be called to go to town center etc.

The rooms are big, modern, clean and luxurious, it was great for the kid to run around and bed sleeps 3 persons, my kid is 5 years old....

Sure will be back, one of the better hotels in Sentosa. Recommeded.

Room for improvement, not their fault, but much a culture with this resort chain, the wifi is extortionate. Most hotels or BB in the world are free...i advise to get a Singtel sim card and tether my 6G for a weeks use with local and international calls.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bricheun
Aviemore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived with welcome and helpful staff. Upgraded room to suite. Very close and good back access from water park. Decor isn't only for children. Shuttle bus available every 10mins. Concierge helpful with park tickets etc

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
singapore
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a night during Dec 2103.

Must admit that it is a great hotel as compared to the rest of the resort world hotels whereby the service at Equarius is way much better and efficient than others.

The room was spacious and clean with a Television within the bathroom which you can enjoy your show in the comfort of the bathtub.

The service by the housekeeping is prompt as compared to the rest of the RWS chain in which I may have to wait for more than 1/2 hour to get my bath towel.

The downside is that it is further away from the main attraction and the swimming pool is a distance walk. Hence, you have to wait for the shuttle service each time you wish to go back to the main area. Also, it is not really for family with children as there is a lack of children facilitites in the hotel.

Will recommend this hotel for couples who wish to have more privacy and peace after a day of fun in Sentosa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I booked to stay at the Equarius from 3rd to the 6th of January 2014. I had made the booking for 2 adults and 3 children which they accepted and said they could accommodate. We arrived and were given a room with one bed. They went on to say that there were no extra beds available in the entire RWS. Besides this: the front desk staff don't answer the phone, the breakfast is boring and definitely not worthy of a supposedly 5 star hotel, the service is pathetic and this is NOT a hotel I would recommend to anyone going to RWS. In short 5 star decor, 5 star prices and 2 star service, not worth it....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank FarzanaKahn
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Spacious room with a nice bathroom and sofa. The room is very clean. I had a good rest there as the surroundings were very peaceful. My room's balcony faces the Adventure Cove and it has a great view.

Its location is not convenient, though there were bus shuttle services. My in-laws didn't really like it as we had to wait for the shuttle buses to get around. I will stay there again as it feels less crowded compared to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family