The hotel was supposedly to be one of the better ones among the hotels at RW Sentosa, but perhaps there were too many issues at the entertainment complex that made the experience nowhere close to 5 stars.
1. Despite that we checked in during off peak hour in the evening, it took two phone calls and some 40 minutes to get our luggage delivered.
2. The tap of water basin drained extremely slowly and water only started to get slightly heated up after 3 minutes.
3. The door and wardrobe handles had fairly sharp edges and I actually skinned my lower arm by accident. The handles could be potentially dangerous for young kids.
4. Even the fine dining restaurants were understaffed. At least in TungLok Heen and Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora, two of the celebrity chef restaurants at the RW, the service was slow even when the staff were almost dashing between tables to take and deliver orders.
5. The shuttle buses only dropped you off at the entrances of other hotels at the RW, but the signage to certain parts of the complex was unclear. We could't really find the way to the SEA Acquarium from the Hard Rock Hotel entrance without getting help from the hotel staff.
6. The management seemed to have a very different interpretation of what a spa restaurant should be like. Tangerine was basically occupied by staff and apparently contractors who worked at the RW. They just couldn't keep their mouth shut for a second and as a result, the tranquility of a spa restaurant was gone.
7. Some staff were either dishonest or poorly trained. The 1PM late checkout guarantee for online reservation was not offered on check-in. On the departure date, I called the front desk to see if I could check out late and the response was I could stay till 12:30PM. Only when I mentioned the late checkout guarantee did the staff say, unwillingly, I could check out at 1PM. He though reinterated that I couldn't check out any later than that as if he were doing me a favour.
8. When the front desk staff printed the bill for my checking, I noticed that I had been charged for making a local call, which I figured out later that could be the charge for my call to the guest service that was subsequently forwarded to TungLok Heen. Besides, I was charged double for in-room Internet on one day because I had logged on twice for some technical reasons. When I raised about these, the staff agreed to take them out from the bill, but did not appear to be apologetic at all. After check-out, I found that there was indeed a third error: the spa coupon that came with the hotel package had not been deducted from the bill. Fortunately, another staff quite efficiently rectified this before my departure.
On the good side, the ESPA was good with a beautiful environment. The Forest restaurant also offered pretty delicious food with helpful staff at reasonable prices.
Perhaps the RW has reserved its best service at the more exclusive spa villas, but I see the risk of disappointment with so many management problems within a 2-night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haven nestled along the fringe of a tropical rainforest, Equarius Hotel is the perfect getaway for nature lovers and families alike. All our spacious and breezy deluxe rooms and suites feature a private balcony with stunning panoramic views of either forest or sea. The equally spacious bathrooms are designed for lavish convenience with double vanity areas, a separate bathtub and shower area. You will also enjoy exclusive use of the gym at ESPA at Resorts World™ Sentosa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.