“Almost like living in a shack!”

and 1 more site!
Costa Sands Resort (Sentosa)
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Chester, United Kingdom
“Almost like living in a shack!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I went to this resort about 5 months ago in the early Spring. It was not the most hottest time of the year but it was very hot and the horrible cramped huts were terrible! There was no furniture, my clothes were crawling with ants and the air conditioning was faulty.
One night there was a gecko under my bed and a bat had flown in too!
Then on the third day my room got infested with spiders, all my clothes were thrown out and me and my friends had to make an emergency booking to the next hotel across the street.
DO NOT COME! TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!

Room Tip: Choose the upper rooms in the hotel itself and not the huts.!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank i_sednaoui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We looked for an affordable place in Sentosa where we can stay in the island for 3 days and 2 nights and we found Costa Sands. It was just what we needed. The rooms are not big but it was comfortable, and just enough for us since we spent all day outside exploring the island.

The barbecue pits are really fun to share a laugh and some bonding moments with family and friends. And if you don't like cooking your own dinner, you can always go to their restaurant, where the food is cheap and very tasty. They also have a mini grocery where you can buy the little things you forgot, but expect the price to be a little high than the grocery. If you want a quick dip, they also have a medium size pool that is 6 feet in depth.

The common CR is decent and clean and located at the center of the resort so its always a short walk away. The location of the resort is secluded, you will not even notice the sign from the main road, but its a little price to pay considering the security of the place.

Overall it was affordable and accessible. I will stay with Costa Sands again when I get back to Sentosa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tobie1019
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is by far the best family holiday place that I have gone to! Its very affordable, there are BBQ pits plus a shop that sells all you need for the BBQ, just walk down and you hit all the beach bars and attractions, my and my boys love it but the girls dont really like it cuz its a little too jungle for them but there's no serious insects or reptiles except for the beautiful peacock that makes her appearance once in a while. I love it and highly recommend it for families; nice mix of everything for the entire family!

Room Tip: All the huts are the same but its really basic just for sleeping.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
14 Thank impresarioarts
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Comfortable air condition hut with adequate beds suitable for children and adult. Very convinient location for all attraction and suitable for budget travellers. Very good location to relax while enjoying different attactions. SUitable for all ages.

Room Tip: All rooms are same.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Before reaching the "resort" I expect that it shld be a place where I can enjoy and relax. But the moment I check in , I immediate disappointed with everything. As I have a baby and a toddler, and the reception give me a room at level 3, even though we ask for a baby cot. So I need to carry the kid up level 3, go down to the carpark and bring all my luggage up to level 3 without any lift or person helping me with luggage. Decide to go to the bench. Need to go down the staircase which is 2-3 storey high. Breakfast is cheapon, and not like any Other hotel or resort breakfast. On the next day I checkout even through I book for 2 night, I straightaway check in to the resort next door (siloso bench resort) , which is slightly more expensive but a totally different experience, breakfast is nice, place is cool. comparable to oversea stay.

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank leescsq

Travellers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Frankly speaking , I had high hopes from this resort, since it was from NTUC, but I had a culture shock from the moment I stepped into this resort. I felt claustrophobic the minute I stepped into the room of the resort. The room were too cramped, there were no table and chairs for consuming food, writing or doing work. Ants were crawling all over the places. The vent fan in the toilet was making creaking sounds that really irritated us throughout the day.

There was absolutely no room service for the two days that we stayed at the resort. No change of towels and bedsheets or clean up . When I went to tell the the person at the reception about the problems, there were no one at the reception . Waited for a while and then gave up. The "free breakfast" was also mediocre in standard , for the $280 a day price that we paid, seemed like a coffee shop $2 set meal. We were on our honeymoon and paid a heavy price for choosing this place . The walls were poorly partitioned that we could hear the conversations and sounds from the other rooms next door. We dare not speak out because of this. There was really no privacy there.The list of problems can go on .... But I think I will stop it here . For people planning to book this place . Please plan and think twice before booking and of course , do not take my word for it. Do your homework and book at your own risk.

cheers

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank vanscafe
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Fantastic to have a BBQ party with big group of friends. In comparison they are offering a good room rate for NTUC members. No lift to access the room. Only have staircase. Room is small and simple but have ants company you. Bathroom is old and the management should consider with some renovation. It is ok to spend a night if you have a low expectation. Free Wi-fi and breakfast for 2.

It is not near to monorail station. Have to take a shuttle or tram about 3 stops. The beach is just across the road.

Room Tip: A higher floor facing the swimming pool is nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends