If you are heading to Singapore, have young children and are looking for a good balance of family fun and child-free time with your spouse, along with a beach-front location and easy access to city-type activities, then look no further. We spent 10 days in the Rasa Sentosa and were sad to leave when we moving on to the city portion of our holiday. Our children, 8 and 4 years, loved going to the kids' club - certainly the most well run that we have encountered. Every single one of the hotel staff was delightful. They seemed genuinely friendly and happy. We were on the 8th floor, with a view of the South China Sea and didn't mind the ships being there. In fact, our children found it quite intriguing. The renovation has been thoughtfully done, with nice features such as multifit plug points that eliminate the need for adaptors. Breakfast and WiFi was included in our tariff. Breakfast at weekends was a little busier but this was never a problem as a second breakfast venue was made available both weekends that we were there. Other than breakfast we had a couple of other meals in the hotel and have no complaints about those. We tried a few other places on the island and found these disappointing, preferring to take the convenient hotel shuttle into the city for a more authentic Singaporean dining experience. My only gripe is the lack of a self-service laundry that some hotels we have stayed at provide. This wouldn't be a problem for short stays but for long-staying guests, especially those with children, this would be a nice touch as the fee for the hotel laundry service would end up being astronomical. There is laundry powder provided in the rooms but there is nowhere, really, to dry the clothes. Other than that, our stay was perfect and we shall definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa