The Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa resort is a great place to stay if you are going on holiday in Singapore, and want to relax from the everyday stresses of life.
As soon as I had entered the hotel, I was brought up to my room for an in-room check-in. Immediately, I stepped out onto the balcony to see the astonishing views of the South China Sea. If you get yourself a proper Terrace Room, you will have a second balcony, in addition to the standard one. I would definitely recommend making the upgrade to a Terrace Room. You will also be given a complimentary fruit basket which consists of some of the most exotic fruits on the planet.
The hotel itself has various dining options. I have tried out most of the different ones, and the best one by far, in my opinion, is the Silver Shell Café. At this restaurant, you can enjoy an unlimited buffet, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can have a go at the exotic, local foods, if you wish, or just go with your typical omelette-pancake breakfast.
So far, this may sound like your typical Carribean getaway resort, where you will get a room with a balcony and be fed rather well. However, the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort has something that most Carribean hotels don't have. It has an excellent staff, which provides sincere, generous, and non-robotic service, at all times. You can come up to any of the employees with one of the most absurd requests, at any time, and instead of giving you the rather typical, "No, I'm sorry, our policy doesn't allow us to do that...", they will actually try to help you. I have been to many five-plus star hotels in my life, and never have I seen staff that is so eager to help. I just dont get why ordinary hotels can't train their staff to be actual humans. I honestly believe that the hotel's management really has a proper way of training its staff. In fact, during my visit, I met with the hotel's general manager, to discuss the outstanding service that his staff offers.
The hotel has an outstanding outdoor pool, which can be excellent fun for you, and perhaps your kids as well.
If you don't need to be in the city centre of Singapore a minute after you wake up, I would recommend this hotel to you. It does take around 20 minutes to get to the city centre by taxicab, but on some days, that won't be necessary because the hotel has such a wide variety of amenities to offer.
Honestly, if you ask me, I think you should make the upgrade to a better room, because it will considerably change your holiday.
It may cost you around 530 Sinapore Dollars a night, but trust me; those will be the best $530 you would have ever spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa