Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Capella Singapore(Sentosa Island)
US$1,196
US$530
Agoda.com
Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$208
US$202
US$288
  • Pool
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$171
Agoda.com
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$279
  • Pool
W Singapore Sentosa Cove(Sentosa Island)
US$356
US$316
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$184
3,974 results
All reviewskids clubsilver shellwater slidescool zonevivo citycasserolefamily fun packageprivate beachsea viewunderwater worldlife guardspool areabuffet dinnerfree busgarden roomsiloso beachgreat for families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here recently with my partner shortly after the grand prix, and when we arrived we just wanted to relax with cocktails by the pool. So we ordered 2 singapore slings and abouton hour later ordered two more. No problems so far.
We then went to the restaurant that evening and ordered a bottle of wine with our meal which was in the main, inedible. Virtually everything had to be sent back as it was cold and or/rock hard. The delay was terrible while they kept coming back to say 'someone' would deal with us... they never came and we left after paying about a half of the bill (we only ate about two mouthfuls) we went to the minibar and ate peanuts and some weird pot noodle thing.
The next day the manager spoke to us and came to 'apologise' - and by this I mean by reading out our bar items for the day implied we were drunk and troublemakers. Each time I tried to say for example that the bread was so hard you couldn't even break it to eat he kept saying 'and this was after your four cocktails and a full bottle of wine...?'
After our stay in the Mandarin Oriental which was subllime, this was the other end of the scale... it was appaling behaviour.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel during my visit to Singapore. First impressions were great - nice check in staff, beautiful hotel right on a beautiful beach, well appointed rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool/ sea. Initially I was very impressed....everything was great until the second night when myself, my wife and 2 friends decided to have a few drinks at the "Bubble Bar" on a Friday night. All I can say is the service was terrible. We ordered some snacks and a few drinks....a coke, 2 mojitos, and 2 bottles of Guinness - not a difficult order, yet it took over 30min to get anything. I didn't think too much about it seeing as we had ordered food as well, but soon after I gave the same drinks order and decided to time it to see how long it would take. After 40min I asked a different member of the barstaff where was the order - she asked me if I had given the order to the "other girl"....I said I had 40min ago. She then filled the order in a few minutes. We left the bar after about 3 hours of sitting, having had 2 drinks each and pretty annoyed.
The next day we went down to the "Silver Shell Cafe" for a bite to eat. From there we could see the Bubble Bar and the 2 girls who were serving us the night before with 2 other staff members....one was obviously a trained barman making cocktails and the other staff member had his cellphone out recording what the barman was doing. It was then I realised the staff I was dealing with were probably not trained to be behind the bar. As lovely as the hotel was, and I was really impressed with the rooms, etc....the incident in the Bubble Bar made me leave with a bad impression of the hotel and their in house training and organisation if untrained staff are left in the bar of a Friday night. I loved Sentosa, but I won't be back at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea/ Pool View
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at the Shang Rasa Sentosa over the weekdays for a staycation. Avoided the weekends as I heard that the weekends can be extremely busy with kids all over the place. Good decision since it was a peaceful and quiet stay.

Locationwise, the hotel is tucked too far into Sentosa, but it also accounts for the excellent views that the hotel enjoys. Choose this hotel if you are planning to laze in Sentosa and not venture out too much into the city.

Check-in was seamless and the hotel staff were friendly and efficient. I was checked into the top floor of the resort, into a Panorama Room (honestly, only ok views). Nicely refurbished but I did feel that there was a lack of attention to details and the $80million was spread too thinly throughout the resort.

a) The chair at the working desk was uncomfortable after a 2hrs conference call. The back was also too low.
b) The internet connection was quite a disappointment for a Shangri-la hotel.
c) The furniture was clearly showing wear and tear, including a very damaged bed-linen.
d) The shower was big, but no place for putting your spectacles when showering.
e) The bathtub was positioned for a great ocean view, but the swing doors felt quite cheap.

However, that said, the Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa is a very decently comfortable hotel, great bedding, good service. Probably the best option after Capella compared to all other hotels on Sentosa.

I can't comment on F&B as I didn't eat much there except for room service, ordering 2 desserts which were good but extremely miserable. Breakfast in the Lounge (by invitation) was also good. Far from the maddening crowd, wonderfully quiet, great service, and a very decent spread if you're not into a heavy morning buffet breakfast.

Verdict? I won't say it's the best. I probably wouldn't stay at this property given the prices that they charge, as I don't see the value for money. However, if you just wanted a getaway in Sentosa, it remains a good option to consider.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms definitely make a difference here. Anything lower isn't worth the effort.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nimbostratus
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa resort is a great place to stay if you are going on holiday in Singapore, and want to relax from the everyday stresses of life.

As soon as I had entered the hotel, I was brought up to my room for an in-room check-in. Immediately, I stepped out onto the balcony to see the astonishing views of the South China Sea. If you get yourself a proper Terrace Room, you will have a second balcony, in addition to the standard one. I would definitely recommend making the upgrade to a Terrace Room. You will also be given a complimentary fruit basket which consists of some of the most exotic fruits on the planet.

The hotel itself has various dining options. I have tried out most of the different ones, and the best one by far, in my opinion, is the Silver Shell Café. At this restaurant, you can enjoy an unlimited buffet, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can have a go at the exotic, local foods, if you wish, or just go with your typical omelette-pancake breakfast.

So far, this may sound like your typical Carribean getaway resort, where you will get a room with a balcony and be fed rather well. However, the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort has something that most Carribean hotels don't have. It has an excellent staff, which provides sincere, generous, and non-robotic service, at all times. You can come up to any of the employees with one of the most absurd requests, at any time, and instead of giving you the rather typical, "No, I'm sorry, our policy doesn't allow us to do that...", they will actually try to help you. I have been to many five-plus star hotels in my life, and never have I seen staff that is so eager to help. I just dont get why ordinary hotels can't train their staff to be actual humans. I honestly believe that the hotel's management really has a proper way of training its staff. In fact, during my visit, I met with the hotel's general manager, to discuss the outstanding service that his staff offers.

The hotel has an outstanding outdoor pool, which can be excellent fun for you, and perhaps your kids as well.

If you don't need to be in the city centre of Singapore a minute after you wake up, I would recommend this hotel to you. It does take around 20 minutes to get to the city centre by taxicab, but on some days, that won't be necessary because the hotel has such a wide variety of amenities to offer.

Honestly, if you ask me, I think you should make the upgrade to a better room, because it will considerably change your holiday.
It may cost you around 530 Sinapore Dollars a night, but trust me; those will be the best $530 you would have ever spent.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Nitzanm4
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Just spent 9 nights at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa. Our last stay there was two years ago before their complete renovation. The $80M revamp has made a huge difference. We stayed in a family garden room again that opens onto the pool area. The rooms are now just like new with really nice bathrooms. After reading other reviews prior to our trip I thought breakfast could have been tricky, however we were seated imediately every morning no matter what time of the morning and our stay was during a fully booked long weekend and several floors of the hotel occupied by pro golfers for Barklays Open.
This resort style hotel is probably the very best place to stay in Singapore for a family holiday with kids. Free shuttle bus to Vivo City every 20 minutes. Taxis cost around $8 - $11 to city centre.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend a lot of time lounging by the pool consider a family garden room that opens onto the pool area. Higher levels give you great views of beach and a very busy container ship anchorage that looks beautiful at night with all their lights on.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family