Totally loved this place, we were there for a conference so it was more business than pleasure - but i got to enjoy the pool, the beach (being steps from the pool area) the spa and the wonderful room with a view.
Let me break it down....
Conference - great place to hold one, the only issue was on the catering of it - we had these break sessions during the conference and a conference being what it is - the timetable would shift a little bit as things over ran or timings changed - we are not talking huge time changes here - this completely threw out it seemed the catering for these breaks (lunch was taken in the restaurant - which was great food, great choice!) - but for the break no contingencys - also hot drinks were free (it was too hot in my opinion for this) but a simple cold drink was an extra charge and seemed a major hassle if we asked for it - it was 80F + all week so cold drinks were needed and really should have been included - even if it was just iced water.
Beach / Pool - great, no worries here -great for families too - slides in the pool, jacuzzi, pool bar with waiter service to your sunlounger - all good
Spa - I had an awesome bamboo massage - not at all cheap - but i didnt care, experience was great - my only regret was not having it in their outside room which would have been awesome, extremly well looked after - the only minor issue is they want you to wear these blue paper pants rather than your own - now for those of us westerners carrying a few extra pounds these were a little on the small side and whilst not uncomfortable i was worried they would just rip off.
Rooms - i just couldnt fault the rooms - lucky to have a top floor pool / sea view which was awesome, we would get visitors from monkeys - it does tell you not to open your balcony door to them - they could attack - so take notice of that, they could also get in your room and pinch stuff - they arent there all day every day so you could still enjoy the balcony.
One final point to note - the hotel isnt cheap to stay in but i think you are getting what you pay for - that said there was a sneaky 10% service charge on top of the room cost which i thought was a little excessive - firstly were in a country that does not generally accept tipping, so it seemed odd there was a 10% per night tip added, secondly you tip staff that do a good job, not the room which your already paying for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa