Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
3,968 results
All reviewskids clubsilver shellwater slidescool zonevivo citycasserolefamily fun packageprivate beachsea viewunderwater worldlife guardspool areabuffet dinnerfree busgarden roomsiloso beachgreat for families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We took our 2 kids (aged 5 & 2) for a 1-nite stay on 14 Mar 2012. Had the Pool View Family Room at 4th floor. Was hoping we could see the sea but our floor was too low. Learnt that highest floor for our type of room is 5th floor. To summarise our experience:

Good points:
1. Every staff we met was friendly and helpful. Made us feel v welcome even though we are locals and not tourists.
2. Room size was just nice for us, the sofa bed was done up for us and just good for an adult and child to sleep on. We were surprised by complimentary cake, nuts and fruits when we came back after dinner. But the choc cake was too rich for our taste buds. Toilet has a shower place and a bathtub. So we could bathe both kids at the same time after swimming.
3. Buffet breakfast was one of the best I had. Great variety and a friendly waitress (Amy?) chatted with us.
4. Free playroom for small kids.
5. Close to beach and good for beach goers
6. Swimming pool was nice

Not-so-good points:
1. Slides at swimming pools do not allow adults. So our kids did not use the slides coz they were afraid or too small to try on their own
2. Location is far from RWS where there are more food places and activities. We had to take a tram and the waiting time was long. After tram, still gotta take monorail.
3. The toilet has roman blinds but somehow, there is a gap and others can look inside the toilet! Very poor design. Also, the door is a sliding one with no locks.

Overall a very good experience.

Heidi Lee

Room Tip: Choose a room that is near to the lift, save walking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Huihsien
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I had 2 seaview rooms here in Feb'12 for my 30th birthday. As I had called in advance to make a request for the rooms to be on higher floor for a better view and close to the lift as I had my grandma coming and she is on wheelchair. The hotel was very accomodating to my needs and ensure I had 2 rooms on level 9 with a connecting door. As one room was only allocated 1 parking lot, I had requested to buy day parking for my relatives who drive there. As I mentioned they will leave before nightfall, the hotel has kindly issued me extra parking coupons which was excellent service to me.

The rooms were done up in a refreshing green colour and the high beds are so comfortable! The view from the balcony looks straight out into the pool and sea and every seaview room has the same view so this is definitely worth upgrading for. Near the lift on every level, there is a ice and water machine so you can avoid calling for ice if you need.

Pros: excellent view, great pools, esp the kids pool, plenty of activities -kids room and ping pong table. Great breakfast spread. Friendly staff.

Cons: The pickup point for the shuttle bus is not clear. I had a couple walking between harbour front and vivocity looking for the shuttle bus service.

Room Tip: If you are having a function, check out the rooms on the 5th floor, it comes with a jacuzzi and extended balcony with more space
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Autumn_Fish09
Reviewed 17 March 2012

On Sentosa Island therefore not in the city but great place to enjoy the best of the beach and city offerings. It has a spectacular pool, kids slides, pool play area & many other entertaining activities at hand. Close to Universal Singapore and Underwater World. Restaurants around the hotel were good. Must try the Trapizza Restaurant on Silosa Beach. We stayed in a Seaview Terrace room. It was large & comfortable. Service at the hotel was impressive all around.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank AndyKilp
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed on Sentosa for a few nights, to do Universal Studios and generally relax. A really nice hotel, with great facilities.

It took a while to work out the best way to get around the isalnd and to the mainland, which turned out to be the bus and the monorail.

The beach is nice, the pools nice, and it is right enxt to the pink dolphins!

Recommended for families.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Macbeth63
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed two nights at the hotel with my family. There were abundant of activities for my children. We played beach volleyball, table tennis, built sand castle, swam in the lagoon and three swimming pools. My children enjoyed various games in the arcade room. On the first night of our stay, we heard someone knocking at our balcony door. Guess what? It was wild monkey!!! On the second day of our stay, there were 8 to 10 wild monkeys creating havoc in the nearby apartment. We were so thrill and entertain by these primates.

Stayed: March 2012