We stayed at Rasa Sentosa during March/April 2012 . It was our 3rd time to Singapore and we were so glad to have chosen this hotel. We usually stay in Orchard street, but found it just too busy and wanted to relax & unwind while still enjoying the "buzz" in Singapore. Rasa Sentosa was the perfect choice since the lovely pool area and garden provides a relaxing atmosphere and gave the kids a chance to play and relax in between the shopping & sightseeing. The hotel provides a shuttle service to Vivo/Harbourfront Mall every 20 min that we used daily. Although the Hotel is further from town it is still pretty easy to get around from here with the Sentosa bus service or taxi( a round trip to Orchard Str cost us about SD22).
The rooms are comfortable enough, maybe a little small, but then again most Singapore hotel rooms are. The breakfast was good with a selection of pastries(these were just average), curries( really nice veg dhal with parata ),chinese food, lovely omelet stations & fresh fruits with swiss yoghurt . The only problem I had was when an extra breakfast area was created on level 5 to accommodate guests( the hotel was at full capacity during this time). The service here was terrible. The table cloths were messy and there wasn't cutlery on the table- we asked a waitress for teaspoons and she told me I was supposed to take it from the coffee station-there wasn't any there either so I had to stir my tea with the back of a knife. Empty platters were not refilled timeously and the whole experience there was just awful. I realise that it must be hard to accomodate so many guests, but surely a 5* hotel should be prepared for this & I hope they remedy this in future. We only ate there once though & refused to go back there the following days .
The best service I've ever experienced in all my years of travelling though was from the manager Ghynly Magsingit. We arrived at the hotel at 23:30 and all interleading rooms were taken-this meant 3 of my kids had to sleep in a completely seperate room. We were very dissapointed as we especially stressed during our booking that we needed interleading rooms but it could unfortunately not be pre-booked. Ghynly went out of his way to accommodate us into another room and even assisted the room service with the roll away beds and preparing the room for us. He was actually out of breath running around to make us comfortable. He really made our stay at this Hotel memorable with his friendly smile and his excellent service throughout our stay.
This is a lovely family hotel with a nice kids club and beautiful garden. You must stay for longer to be able to use the facilities because there is so much to do in Singapore that it is easy to just end up sleeping and eating at the hotel and be out the whole day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Southall Travel and Hotelopia so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa