We stayed 5 nights at the Rasa Sentosa,our agent booked a hill view room but when we arrived we were offered a panoramic sea view room for only S$50.00 extra per night.This is well worth the extra if you are on a honeymoon or anniversary as the bathroom opens up to the bedroom and right out to the balcony there is a million dollar view over the pools, beach and what must have been 100's of ships awaiting docking into Singapore.We were on the 10 th floor.The hotel is well set up for families even though we travelled on our own,meeting up with family later.The pool and gardens were immaculate and as with most Singapore hotels never was a leaf out of place.There is a great pool for the kids with 3 water slides.The buffet breakfast would have to be the most amazing I have seen in a long time.The hotel draws such a varied customer base i am sure everyone was well catered for.There were many restaurants to choose from,all offering different themes.There is a very regular shuttle from outside the hotel for a short ride to a massive multi level shopping centre.Even if you never ventured past here you possibly would not see every shop.We were out from 8.00 am till 7.00 pm every day and never a worry as the shuttle is on time every time.The buses and train on the island are free so go on explore this amazing island paradise.Mind you depending on when you travel is gets very humid and hot early in the morning,so have plenty of water on hand and a hat.There is 7- Eleven under the train line at the depot where you can buy lots of snack foods and bottles of water.There are even small shops down outside the hotel where small food items are sold.It is here that buses will take you to most parts of the Island.Forget the rush of Singapore main land hotels,stay here and enjoy the peace and the relaxed atmosphere without waking to traffic and smog.I have only 1 gripe and that is the fridge in our room isnt a real refrigerator as you would have at home its a pieltier fridge(electronic minded people would know what i mean).So as such it only kept drinks cool not cold,so buying ice cream was a no go or trying to make ice cubes.We had to keep ringing down for ice cubes.All said and done it was my best Singapore stay even though i was born though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Southall Travel so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa