We love Singapore as a good, relaxing, varied holiday destination.
For a family holiday with kids - Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa is very hard to beat. We spent 2 weeks here and took a "family fun" package. Our room was clean, well maintained and had everything we needed.
The food in the restaurants on site are good and in particular the buffet setup is of a good quality and excellent variety that, even staying there for 2 weeks and being on a package ( so we ended up going there quite a bit) we did not end up eating the same meals over and over again. The house wines were Australian and New Zealand, the cheeses were French.
The pools are of good but not elaborate with nice areas for children. And the man made beach at Siloso (right in front of the hotel) are good for a more "beachy" swim or a go on a paddleoboat etc.
Our daughter enjoyed going to the kids club on and off during our stay. The staff were attentive and professional with planned activities each day. We were happy for our daughter to go and play under their supervision and she always wanted to go again without hesitation when we offered it.
The hotel is ideally located in a great spot for a family holiday with lots of interesting things to see and do. It is on Siloso Beach on Sentosa in Singapore. This means you can have a resort / beach holiday in a tropical forest setting. You look out across the beach to the sea but instead of just water you see ships and islands of all shapes and sizes waiting to come into port. Like the rest of Singapore, Sentosa Island has a lot of different of things to do packed into a relatively small place that is easy to get around. From assorted attractions and rides, cable cars, Universal Studios, golf course to beaches and rainforest walks. Just across from Sentosa Island are 2 shopping large centres, HarbourFront and Vivo City which has anything you could need shopping wise and the MRT subway station in the basement to get you easily and cheaply to the rest of Singapore. Using the hotel shuttle to the MRT you can easily get to other fun places in Singapore like Chinatown, Little India, Clarke Quay, Holland Village, Marina Bay, Gardens on the Bay, Botanical / Orchid Gardens etc.
We only took a taxi once and that was to the Zoo and back which cost $35 each way. The Zoo is good and worth it.
Finally Singapore is not the cheapest place to holiday but overall we think it is great value. In particular, Singapore makes for an interesting, relaxing holiday because when travelling with small kids you can be confident that pretty much everything is clean, well organised, reliable, professional and safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelbag and Hotels.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa