What an amazing place. Staff were exceptional. Nothing was to difficult and everything was done with a smile. We travelled as part of a group of 28, ranging in age from 1yr to 60yrs of age. While there we celebrated my fathers 60th birthday, the staff could not have been more accomodating and assisted us with all preparations. Food was exceptional the buffet catered for every whim and the fish at Barnacles was the best I have ever tasted. The kids club has many acitivites for those 5 - 12 years. The beds we super, it has prompted me to buy a new mattress. Laundry facitilies are located on every floor. Facilites are immaculate. It is very easy to travel from Sentosa to Singapore with many options. The bus tram runs from below the 7 eleven every 15 minutes and connects with the monorail which takes you to Vivo City Shopping Centre. Shangri La runs a regular direct bus to Vivo City or taxi's are readily available. The tram, bus and monorail are all free don't forget your pass from reception to come back to Sentosa free of charge. From Vivo City you can catch the MRT (subway) to where every you wish to go. I recommend visiting the Gardens by the bay at dusk making your way by 8pm to the light show at marina sands which is located on the opposite side to the Gardens by the bay, making a trip to Legoland (1hr 40 min travel time including customs) and universal studios. Make sure you visit these on a Mon, Tues or Wed when it is quieter (best advice we recieved) The zoo was wonderful but for thoses with young ones I would recommend the day zoo a bit easier for them to spot the animals. The Port of Lost Wonder on Sentosa is a great place to lounge about and let the kids run wild in their small water park. (located about 400m past monorail) also check out Bora Bora for a great lunch at Palawan beach. We all loved the luge great fun. If you have time go to the pirate musuem on sentosa and experience a typhoon. The chair lift was good but not worth the money. If you feel like a walk take the boardwalk that links Sentosa and singapore, it does have some travellators for those a little less inclined to exercise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa