“Honeymoon at the Rasa Sentosa Shangri La”

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The most amazing holiday experience! Loved every minute the staff made us feel important from arriving at the airport with Mercedes 200 pickup we had a lovely driver who took us to an from the airport and gave us a mini guide to the city. The room was beautiful. A sea view panoramic room with a bath that opened up to the room. Gorgeous pool with fresh towels to use. 5* breakfast fab choice and so fresh! Would definately go back.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room!! :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We enjoyed the hotel very much - kids loved the swimming pool and the outdoor area. They saw a few monitor lizards, peacocks and monkeys running wild and were absolutely thrilled. The spa was a bit small but when I went I didn't run into any other guests at all so that was really good.

The room however was really cramped and the interior was old. When we entered the room, it was a bit smelly - not sure if it was because no one has stayed in it for a while or whether it wasn't aired out after the last guests.

It was a good experience overall but not sure if it was worth the money we paid for the kind of room we got.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Having worked in the Customer Experience sector for many years, I appreciate how difficult it is to achieve a consistent genuine experience for customers regardless of which member of staff interacts with them. Shangri-La Rasa has achieved this and both my friend and I had the most wonderful stay. Some of the expected elements where delivered exceptionally well, from room quality and maintenance to food, but for me, what tips this into 'Excellent' are examples such as; when it was pouring with rain and I saw a young family stuck under one of the pool side umbrellas, as I watched, a member of staff ran out to them with two umbrellas, so they could get back to the hotel, and also when handing my towels in one afternoon after being at the pool, the 'towel man' saw me approaching the hut and ran out to come and collect it from me, rather than waiting for me to reach him. Thank you for such a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose panoramic room on top floors beach facing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hotel has everything you can expect to make a memorable vacation. Condition, facilities, rooms and F&B are excellent. Staff are some of the best I have seen in a resort of this type. Location is perfect for a stay in Singapore and especially Sentosa. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Book a sea view!
1  Thank Dean N
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, indeed! Me and my fiancé spent 8 days here (in a Deluxe Sea View on top floor (11)) in March 2013 and loved every second of it!
The lay-out of the hotel (exterior and interior) was great, the location is as well. So comfortable to have a private beach as a guest at the hotel and plenty of room to stroll and roam around. So easy to take a walk, get to Vivo City with the hotel shuttle. The breakfast was splendid, with everything one could wish for I think.

The rooms were kept very clean and the layout of the room was very good, with a private balcony and 2 chairs to just relax in in the morning and watch the sunrise.
A clean beach with lots of sun chairs to lie on, boats for hire, great pool (for everybody, toddler-section, adult and calm-section and "general" section) with towels that you get if you want in order to use when swimming in pool/sea.

We also visited the spa at the hotel and the experience there was fabulous! We booked a couples massage for 4 hours and it was heaven on earth - excellent service indeed.

Not if, but when I go back to the lovely and beautiful Singapore I'll definitely stay here, at this hotel only. No other has that great location, private beach and wonderful staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It's my third time returning to Sentosa Shangrila celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. I stayed 4 nights at Sentosa this year, so I decided to stay in RWS Equarius for the first two nights and Shangrila for the remaining nights. Turns out that I'm really happy with the Equarius room conditions and got really disappointed with Shangrila's underkept rooms and down-graded beach.

We are fortunate enough to upgrade from Hillview room to Panoramic Sea View Room located on the 11th floor. Thanks to Shangrila for the free upgrade, the view is indeed very nice, but the room is small and underkept comparing with those modern spacious rooms in RWS Equarius. The bathtub is so small that neither me nor my husband felt like soaking in it. The Toilet bowl got some strange brown stains on it, which feels very yucky when my hubby wipes it clean for me. Even though the hotel has undergone a major renovation 3 years ago, their rooms already looked tired and were in serious need of another renovation.

Shangrila's connecting beach is always one of my favorite beach in Asia, with its long coastline, white sands and clear water. I was so shocked to see what I saw when I re-visited the beach again this year. 50% of the beach is blocked by development projects of Sentosa, it used to be packed with people and kids, but now, it looked so small and deserted. And we saw weeds everywhere, it was nothing like what I've remembered in the past 2 years.

With the bad room conditions and down-graded beach, I cannot think of any reasons to return to my once favourite resort in Sentosa. Having said that, we still think that the service is great, much better than RWS Equarius, and that their breakfast and main pool are great for families with kids. But if it's a romantic getaway, try elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

i stayed at rasa sentosa in the first week of october 2013.i had amazing experiences.i recommend family stay.food is pricy.may try lunch and dinner in the town or vivo city.should stay in the higher floor and never hill facing.

Room Tip: always go for sea facing room with higher floor.
1  Thank Biswajit C
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#41 of 316 in Singapore

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!