“Good Family Hotel”

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights with my family.

Pros:
1. Everyone that we contacted with were very nice, the lady in the tour desk, front desk, ice cream counter in the lobby (i think because it was on sunday), concierge, breakfast restaurant. The people were helpful and nice.
2. The pools and outdoor activities also nice.
3. They have a few wildlife free around the resort, we met a large harmless and exotic iguana which was a unique experience.

Cons:
1. The room and the bathroom look old, they were not dirty but not a 5 stars clean
2. The breakfast restaurant was large but the variety of the food for shangrila brand I think was very limited.
3. Beware Indonesian... I booked shangrilla because the screen shot of the beach. If you go to singapore do not expect the beach can be more beautiful than bali, not even close. The beach in shangrilla resort, very small, i think maybe it is an artificial beach and the view of the beach is large cargo ships (the cargo ships were not in the website). However the sand was well maintained and white. If you go to singapore just do some shoppings and forget about the beach.

In conclusion, shangrilla is a resort MAYBE one of the best in sentosa, i was satisfied but not amazed. If i were singaporean and i want to do some outdoor activities, i will go to shangrilla. If i were a tourist which i am, i will try to find another newer and more exciting hotel. Maybe i will try W next time. All the best Shangrilla

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,841)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

As a resort hotel, my wife and myself enjoyed staying with relaxed time.
Behind the lobby, there are some places for us to relax and in the play room, we could have a relaxed time.
The atomsphere is excellent.

Room Tip: We could see wild monkey just near the room. And we could have a relaxed time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed 11 April 2014

one of the best hotel and resort in the world! staying here is worth it, the service is great, you can request practically anything and they will do it even if they should do extra effort in it. i just love shangrila.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We chose to stay here as we wanted more of a beach holiday than a city break. It is a great place to stay with a free bus to Vivo city ( 10min ride) which hooks you straight up to the mrt and you can get anywhere you want then. Taxis are cheap too so not a problem to jump one into town.
We had a week here and really enjoyed relaxing by the pool during the day. There is an adult only area of the pool and this is well policed by the lifeguards on duty.
We had a garden / hill view and loved seeing the monkeys sat on our balcony.
Good choice for breakfast every day. Spa service was also excellent. Would not hesitate to stay here again if in Singapore.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sambaha
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It could have been a perfect stay with 5 star rating - welcoming staff, very family orientated room and facilities, and nice pool and garden, if not for a downpour that put the true quality of service under test. Basically our room happened to have a not-so-waterproofing wall, and the water leaked through the wall and came into the room. Quite unfortunately, our bag lay right in the way of the water and got completely soaked. You can imagine how it feels to find your passports, books, and many other paper documents all completely soaked. But still, we made an as-polite-as-possible call to the service centre and reported our room condition and damaged stuff. We were promised nicely that someone was on their way up to check the situation, but the only problem was - nobody came after 15 mins of annoying wait. We decided to make another call, and this time the service counter asked as if we forgot to close the balcony door properly. Please - are you accusing me of my own damage now? This really pissed me off, as I had to explain (as polite as possible) again the water was not from balcony and it was not my mistake at all, and once again we were promised someone was almost there with us to help, and once again we waited for 15 mins with nobody to come. When we made the third call, it was no longer a polite one, but still all we got was the promise that someone was about to come. Quite ironically, right after our third call, someone did showed up, but that guy was unfortunately just there to do general house-keeping and had no clue about our complaint or room issue at all. Luckily that guy understood well our condition, as he could see on our face, and made one more call for us to housekeeping manager. Later a manager came and checked the room herself and called the service centre again, she was almost yelling at them that it was not the balcony and they should send maintenance guy for inspection immediately. I just couldn't believe the service centre still thought it was us forgetting to close the balcony door after so many calls. And honestly I don't know if they actually sent anyone at all after three calls from us and almost an hour's wait; we might be well waiting indefinitely if the housekeeper did not call the manager. So the manager was very kind and understanding; she took our stuff (bag, book, passport, etc.) to dry and arranged room change. We thought that was finally the end, but it wasn't. When we got our stuff back, it was less a shock to see half the book completely detached than to realize my passport was not there! After a frantic search, I felt truly saved and grateful when we eventually got the passport back from a duty manager on the next day, who told us they found it YESTERDAY from somewhere - honestly, cannot they return a passport that has a name on it? Don't they have my name and room number? All I can hope is that my passport was not being used for anything bad during the whole night absent. Now that's basically the end; we later received two letters from the hotel and some cookie and fruits as apologies. We appreciated the gestures, but honestly you know you can do better than this. After all, if it were not this poor incident, the stay would be perfect. But it is still a disappointment to see the quality of service not standing up to a real test.

2  Thank xyangt
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear xyangt,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us. The service shortfall and inconvenience caused are sincerely regretted.

May I request that you contact me at ben.bousnina@shangri-la.com so that I can have the opportunity to discuss the issues further with you.

Yours sincerely,
Ben Bousnina

Reviewed 8 April 2014

great for kids. My 6 year old is having a blast. pool is wonderful. Beach not bad for Singapore. Some people complain about the view of all the container ships, but my kid loves seeing which ones are new each morning. Sentosa is a bit isolated from rest of Singapore, but the shuttle bus is easy to use. Service is everything I would expect from Shangri-la, but the rooms are older and a bit tired. I have to remind myself I am staying here because it is cheaper than the other Shangri-la. But Singapore is so expensive, this "cheaper" property still costs a heck of a lot. Hotel is a bit isolated, but I like being on the water. shuttle to the vivocity mall is easy to use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that your child enjoyed our swimming pools and you appreciate our complimentary shuttle buses to Vivo City shopping mall.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely
Ben Bousnina

Reviewed 8 April 2014

An excellent hotel option for families. Enjoyable ambiance, great food, charismatic and friendly staff. All in one place. You have the possibility to chose a different activity every day in the case you do not want to stay all time inside the hotel. They offer you free shuttle buses to the main atractions and touristic spots. Great value for money.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#40 of 317 in Singapore

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!