The Shangri-la,s rasa hotel was the best family hotel in the best holiday location ever in my 70 years of travel worldwide.
From the efficient collection of our family arriving from different locations at different times from the airport, to the extremely efflicent and friendly booking of our family into our rooms( not at the counter with tired grandchildren, no in our rooms ), even days later there was a friendly wave from Julie asking if everything was oke and where we having a good time.
The hotel is in a perfect location on santosa, movie world, dolphins, butterfly,s, aquarium, save clean beach, swimming pools attended by helpfully live savers, shopping centre, cable cars etc etc all within a short bus ride or walking distance.
The staff all spoke fluently English, (me having to learn 5 languages as a child , with not being good at any of those ) helped at lot, everybody from the cleaning staff to the supervisor had a smile even after we where not there any more.
The food in the restaurant had a very good choice of items considering that they had to feed up to 1000 parents and children, and Jeff the restaurant manager was very helpful in discussing our choice of wine and was a pleasure to deal with, what I liked was that they remembered who we where , even to the point of asking where my better half was ( she went to australia 1 week earlier and I,m staying at the W for busniss for another week), and they noticed her missing, very classy indeed.
The band was very good to the point that they let our 2 grandchildren dance and singalong with them ( frozen song and all) .
I,ve stayed at other hotels in singapore and another 58 countries, but in my viewpoint for a family stay the Shangrila is the very best in the world, when you take your family to Disney land ( we have been to Paris ,Tokyo and Anaheim) you can only do those attractions , there is no beach or fantastic pools or other attractions all within such a short distance.
Now all that I need is a shangri la hotel in the snow ( to teach the rug rats to ski) somewhere and life will be perfect.
Best room 761, but we stayed in 764 which still had a nice mountain view.
Altogether it was a good week, the Aussies did better than expected, the Belgians lasted longer and the Dutch went even better getting to no 3 in the word cup, the staff even made coffee at 4 am for those silly people watching the game life, thank you.
O I forgot i have a master degree in hotel services etc. and the Airconditioning was perfect and so where the showers, the lifts where better than on our Princes cruise 3 months ago , specially considering the abuse they receive from the children.
Once again thank you to all the staff at the resort, you made our family holiday special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa