I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, returning this time, unusually, for a business stay. The hotel retains its beautiful gardens and spacious grounds, but the rooms need to be renovated to be as good as the other hotels nearby. The hotel very much benefits from its relaxing and spectacular setting on Sentosa Island. All around it are lovely gardens and the entrance to the hotel is a stone's throw from the Sentosa Golf Course. But the rooms in the hotel let it down. I stayed in a Suite, that was far from luxurious. The furniture, décor and fittings were old and cheap, the bathroom looked like it had been designed in the Seventies, and the room lacked any feel of being in a five-star hotel. The somewhat utilitarian swimming pool also had the feel of the Seventies as well, and needs to be modernised to be acceptable in a hotel of this standard. The food in the main restaurant, where I had breakfast and one dinner, was unfortunately not good enough. I got into the habit of travelling the short distance to some of the nearby hotels which were much more acceptable. Overall, once getting past the beautiful setting, the hotel had a weary feel to it. It has just changed management, and one must hope that the new team will see to improving the standard of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa is the newest French luxury 5-star resort hotel on Singapore's favourite island. Situated at the top of a cliff rising above Tanjong Beach, it is a haven of tranquility and relaxation blessed with stunning views of sunsets over the horizon. Greeting guests upon arrival in the lobby is a dazzling bespoke lighting installation inspired by the Milky Way hanging from the lofty ceiling. The entire property is cosseted in lush tropical greenery and overlooks the South China Sea. The 215-room hotel includes luxury rooms, suites and villas, and offers an array of delectable cuisines from around the world at its various F&B establishments. Facilities include indoor and outdoor event spaces, a state-of-the-art gym, children's playroom, complimentary internet access and shuttle services. Completing the experience for guests is a spacious swimming pool deck and the world's largest Sofitel Signature So SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sentosa Resort And Spa
- The Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- The Sentosa Island Hotel
- The Hotel Sentosa Island