“Stay in villa ”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Hong Kong, China
“Stay in villa ”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to villa, very appreciated. It has a huge private garden with swimming pool, 2 seperate bedrooms with huge bathroom, bathtub and even outdoor shower area. It was absolutely wonderful staying in this hotel, we enjoyed having breakfast outdoor while peacocks and birds flying around, my kids love it. Just a little far from Sentosa island, but shuttle bus available, not too inconvenient.

Stayed
1 Thank jjtomoro
GM_TonyChisholm, General Manager at Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear jjtomoro,

Thank you for your compliments. I am happy to know that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us. Indeed, our resort offers tranquility in lush greenery with peacocks, birds, squirrels and koi where many children enjoy.

Our Villa du Jardins offer a private lap pool, 2 bedrooms, one with jacuzzi and your own driveway for your convenience and privacy.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa in the near future.

Tony Chisholm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

traveled with kids is great especially when you traveled with love ones.I supposed,the second time to travel with my family not jsut because of business.The hotel staffs were nice,especially that there's a shuttle provided by The Singapore resort.They also given us complimentary buffet while we waiting for the room,we came early for the check in time.Nice interior and exterior design.Nearest to tourist spots.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank solen m
GM_TonyChisholm, General Manager at Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Solen m,

Thank you for sharing your review with us about your recent stay at The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our service and facilities at our resort.

I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to see you back at our resort in the near future.

London, UK
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this resort for a week of r&r following a hectic trip to Oz.

The location was great, far enough away from the city to get peace and quiet but near enough to pop in and out when you like. The grounds are lovely and it's great to mingle amongst the peacocks and look at the Koi carp in the many ponds.

Swimming pool area is good and the rooms are of a good standard.

The staff are absolutely amazing.

Note, this hotel is to undergo massive renovation. It urgently needs it and it will be amazing when it's done. We were unaware of this when we made the booking and when we expressed a little displeasure about our room, management could not do enough for us to make our stay more pleasurable.

If yu want to be just that little bit away from Singapore city centre, do stay here, you'll have a great time!

Tip - order a taxi well in advance as they don't like coming over to Sentosa!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewDown
Dear AndrewDown,

Thank you for your wonderful compliment which made me very happy. We are excited about the renovation of the resort which as you've aptly put it, will be amazing when it is completed!

I have shared your feedback with my team so that they will be encouraged to continue with their great work. It is heartening to be appreciated by guests who give us a thumbs up for their great experience at our beautiful resort.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa when you next visit Singapore.

Warmest Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights with our one year old and while it is an attractive hotel with generous sized rooms, which afford you privacy, we found the service to be very average and the food to be very overpriced. Nor were there any activities for a one year old. The pool while lovely for adults, did not have a shallow end suitable for a toddler. So whilst this would be a good choice for people without children who don't mind overpaying for food and service in order to get an attractive big private room, I would not recommend it for families with young children.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank reyds
Dear Reyds,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor, which I've shared with my team. We will keep your concerns in mind when we plan for our hotel refurbishment in the upcoming months.

We hope you will visit us again at your next visit to Singapore.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in this resort last May (2014) and it was fantastic. The entire resort is immerse in the nature: trees and grass everywhere and it is literally 180 m from the beach. It is not too far from the the city either if you plan your trip properly using the bus and the MTR. Hotel offer a bus service too which is really good. Room was really spacious and extremely clean. Paper and water was provide free of charge every day. Bed was very comfortable. Aircon was perfect, although I did not use match cause I used to keep the window open at night and enjoy the calm sound of the nature. Every inch of the hotel are kept spotless. There are volleyball and tennis courts. The gym is really good: perfect selection of training machine and tools including barbells and pulleys. There is also a swimming pool which I didn't use it as the beaches nearby are just fantastic. I got breakfast one day of my stay and it offered a good selection. The staffs, especially the women at the main desk were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oscar C
Dear Oscar C,

Thank you for the lovely comment you've shared on your recent stay with us. Truly, our resort has a great location where guests can enjoy the serene tranquility of a lush tropical garden where they can rest and relax amidst water lily ponds and get in touch with nature. I have shared your feedback with my team to encourage them to continue their good work. We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back at The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa in the near future.

Melbourne
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We traveled with 2 adults and 3 small children. We arrived after a long flight from Paris, completely exhausted. We were checked in within half an hour of arriving (by 10am!) and whilst we waited we waited we enjoyed food and drinks from the buffet breakfast (complimentary). Staff were lovely and accommodating.

Rooms large, clean and very comfortable. Bed was lovely! We had interconnecting room with a cot (proper cot!). We had room service and poolside food service and all times the food was lovely.

Breakfast was divine, but watch out for the peacocks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Missymookitty
GM_TonyChisholm, General Manager at Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Missymookitty,

Thank you for your kind comments and it is wonderful to receive such compliments! I will share your review with the rest of my team to encourage them to continue their good work.

We will be undergoing renovation in the coming months to spruce up the whole resort. We hope to welcome you and your family back at your next visit to Singapore with a refurbished property offering the same warmth and friendly service.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for 2 nights, it was a nice hotel overall. The room is big, the toilet and shower area are separated so you can use them at the same time. Wifi is good, fast and stable. They provided a shuttle bus service to Vivo City every 30mins which is very convenient for the guests, if you want to go to Resorts World, you can also take this shuttle bus and tell the driver to drop you off there, but on the way back you may need to take a cab. For us, we took the Sentosa Train to Vivo City then took the shuttle bus back to hotel. We took the taxi 1 time only in the whole journey and that is to the airport, you can reach most of the destination by MRT and the Sentosa Train, and of course with the Shuttle bus to the hotel.

The hotel was quite near the beach around 10 mins walk, but you have to go down the steps and we felt very tired going back up the stairs carrying my baby, good excercise though:)

On the other hand, we requested for a baby cib inside the room, the hotel staff said they will set it up around 7:00pm. after we left our room for sight seeing. However, when we came back at around 10:00pm, it was not set up yet. I called the front desk and they said they will bring it to us. We waited until 11:00pm where my baby felt asleep on our bed but still no one came to our room, I don't want to wake up my baby so I didn't call again for the request and our baby slept with us for the 1 night which was OKAY since the bed was big. On the second night, I called again for the baby crib and it finally arrived.

Although improvement needed on the above service, we enjoyed the stay here overall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Howie L,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on your recent stay at our resort. I am glad you have enjoyed your time with us.

I sincerely apologise for the service shortfall with the baby crib which is not part of our service standards. I will investigate this matter and speak with my team to ensure it does not happen again.

Once again, thank you for taking time to leave your review on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you and your family back at The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 312 in Singapore

Been to Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!