“OK OK”
Review of Fort Siloso

Fort Siloso
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic fort was part of Singapore's defenses for decades.
Surat, India
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“OK OK”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nothing exciting... was too crowded... good place if one is interested in history of singapore...I was there in day time...

Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
213 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Interesting WW II museum.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

You can take the old bus up to the area and have a great view of the sea from the road. The museums are really well set out and describe the occupation and fighting during WW II. The exhibits are well signed and there is plenty about the history of the place. We were there mid-week and it was almost deserted. One interesting part is that it describes how the local Singaporeans were treated during the Japanese occupation. There are plenty of documents, photos and wax exhibits. If you are interested in this part of Singapore's history then it is well worth visiting. If not, then don't bother.

Visited February 2014
Seattle, Washington
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I went during the day. I got exactly what I was expecting, nothing too nice or clean. The place was crowded with loud people. Maybe the night life is better.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Zalmy
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good introduction to the history of Singapore”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Despite the very modern (and tacky) overall feel to Sentosa Island, Fort Siloso is a great experience and very informative! My knowledge of the history of Singapore was pretty weak before my visit but there was a lot to learn and it made my whole visit to the country a lot more meanigful, relating what I read and saw in the Fort with what I was able to learn in the Changi prison museum and the Chinatown Heritage Centre!

Caloundra, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not impressed at all”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband is very much into history and wanted to see Fort Siloso. We were disappointed with the lack of signage to tell you were the next exhibits were. The map we had was difficult to follow and we kept getting lost. There was no one around to give us any information and some of the areas were closed for renos. This place needs a huge overhaul to get the tourists in.

Visited February 2014